Green Day Random News

Fuzz

We're starting this topic over because the other one became so large and remains a very popular thread.

Use this thread to post random news you stumble across online but that you don't think warrants an individual thread. Please don't use this thread to post every piece of Green Day news that comes out. Many items deserve their own topics so more people see them: such as interviews and important news.

If you're not sure if something deserves it's own thread, I'd suggest making it anyway. The mod team can merge it with Random News if necessary, or we'll split posts out of this thread into their own topic if they should be their own.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing the point in starting new threads, but anyway: http://www.elespecta...ado-y-censurado

It's in spanish. It says that Green Day are putting out an album that's compilation of their old songs named "Green Day". It's 21 songs, 1/4 of them off Dookie. (It's written the 23rd of July of this year, so it's not an old article about International Superhits or anything). Any idea of what this could be? Maybe the author didn't get his sources well, or could this be real? It also says that in the album the "bad words" will be censured.

Also, a talent show in Peru had a boy who imitated Billie Joe singing BOBD, but he didn't impress the jury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-AZZK_NJMF4

It's probably something like the 21 track promo disc that was made for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012.

Has all the "hits" like International Superhits, but also includes those from American Idiot and 21stCB

There's an article in the new issue of the German teen magazine Bravo.

There are no news in this article...at all. Just a new picture of them, I think.

Basically, it says when they will release Uno! Dos! Tré! in Germany and that "the records are power pop mixture of AC/DC and the Beatles".

#crappy scans in spoiler

bravo3l.th.jpg

the double page with Green Day, Billy Talent & Muse

bravo3.th.jpg

and a what they call "mega" autograph :rolleyes:

(is bigger than the rest of the autographs in the magazine)

autographx.jpg

There are no news in this article...at all. Just a new picture of them, I think.

Basically, it says when they will release Uno! Dos! Tré! in Germany and that "the records are power pop mixture of AC/DC and the Beatles".

#crappy scans in spoiler

bravo3l.th.jpg

bravo3.th.jpg

Cool! Thanks for post :)

...But those aren't their real autographs :huh:

Cool! Thanks for post :)

Ha! I thought the same thing. What magazine would be sad enough to fake autographs?

EDIT: What magazine would be crap enough to not just copy their actual autographs from somewhere? And to think we were slagging Kerrang off for being lousy....

Ha! I thought the same thing. What magazine would be sad enough to fake autographs?

EDIT: What magazine would be crap enough to not just copy their actual autographs from somewhere? And to think we were slagging Kerrang off for being lousy....

Ikr? They must be thinking that we the fans are dumb enough to believe those are the originals! :lol:

Hey Mods, can this be pinned again, maybe?

It's not pinned because this thread is very active. So far it's always been on the first page.

Also, going through new content is a good way to see if there's a new post in this thread. Or you can do what I do: follow the thread :)

Edit: I see it's pinned now so that's great too :lol:

So I guess Green Day has this facebook app thing that lets you put your face on the album covers now.

"Say queso!" :lol:

http://www.facebook....113345305387225

Queso... OMG :lol:

Funny idea (and old, I wonder where did they get that from :shifty: ) but I don't feel like doing it, actually. Though many people will have the opportunity of seeing themselves with Billie's, Mike's and Tré's hair :lol:

It's not pinned because this thread is very active. So far it's always been on the first page.

Also, going through new content is a good way to see if there's a new post in this thread. Or you can do what I do: follow the thread :)

I'm so undecided on this. Sorry.

You unpinned it once a few months ago and were almost met with a coup :lol: It's in your best interest as leader to appease the masses like that.

(I like it pinned)

Green day's Facebook page now has a thing where you can make your own UNO DOS or TRE Cover

So I guess Green Day has this facebook app thing that lets you put your face on the album covers now.

"Say queso!" :lol:

:lol: I love it!

:unsure: I didn't look at them closely....

...the are fake? :sherlock: I know Bravo is a crappy teen mag, but ...really? They would fake their autographs? :shok:

...the are fake? :sherlock: I know Bravo is a crappy teen mag, but ...really? They would fake their autographs? :shok:

They did. But we're not dumb and we caught them :sherlock:

:lol: I love it!

Hey Flo, Like my Sig?

I assumed you forgot so i had a stab at making my description myself. #ExtremelyOffTopic(ShouldHaveBeenAPMButRandomlyFoundYouInAPost)

You unpinned it once a few months ago and were almost met with a coup :lol: It's in your best interest as leader to appease the masses like that.

(I like it pinned)

I think too many people post in this thread because it's pinned. So everything ends up being here when it shouldn't be. I thought unpinning it would encourage people to focus less on using it as "post everything related to green day" and instead make threads for certain things they found. And as Kat mentioned, it doesn't make sense to have it pinned when it'll always be on the first page anyway.

#offtopic

Hey Flo, Like my Sig?

I assumed you forgot so i had a stab at making my description myself. #ExtremelyOffTopic(ShouldHaveBeenAPMButRandomlyFoundYouInAPost)

WHAT :o

I didn't forget! FLOBOT NEVER FORGETS! :mad: how do you dare say that? :mad::P

I had to make some other requests yesterday. I finished your sig, but didn't upload it yet. I can upload it now if you like. ;)

#offtopic

WHAT

:o

I didn't forget! FLOBOT NEVER FORGETS! :mad: how do you dare say that? :mad::P

I had to make some other requests yesterday. I finished your sig, but didn't upload it yet. I can upload it now if you like. ;)

#offtopic

Sure, It might even be better than mine!

Yep. Thanks for the long explanation, though! ;)

And thanks to whichever Mod pinned it, much appreciate it.

I think too many people post in this thread because it's pinned. So everything ends up being here when it shouldn't be. I thought unpinning it would encourage people to focus less on using it as "post everything related to green day" and instead make threads for certain things they found. And as Kat mentioned, it doesn't make sense to have it pinned when it'll always be on the first page anyway.

Well, that was damn compelling :lol:

Really? I thought it was pinned because it was drive-by information not worthy of a full thread. And I had to find the thread in order to post my comment.

Anyway, since it seems to be an issue amongst mods, I'll just follow it.

i like it pinned, but you're probably right. it'd be great to have different threads for more things, so people can discuss it more.

#crappy scans in spoiler

bravo3l.th.jpg

bravo3.th.jpg

autographx.jpg

Typical Bravo. Brief news that everyone knows for a long time but they said is news. And next week I'll get it, just translated, in Polish Bravo. With Billy of course :pinch:

Archived