Green Day songs that sound like other songs

StuckWithInsomnia

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be the only one that sees this, but when I first heard this song I thought the opening kinda sounded like "X-Kid":

I may be the only one that sees this, but when I first heard this song I thought the opening kinda sounded like "X-Kid":

Kinda when I played them together. Never would have thought it if I didnt though.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the start of the What did I do/god as my witness sounds sounds the same as Going to Pasalacqua.

It even starts by saying "There you go again" whilst Going to pasalacqua starts by saying "Here we go again"

What did I do/god as my witness is by the foo fighters if it is not known

I don't see much similarity in the beginning, since Billie is doing two notes in a row back and fourth while in the other song is just smashing cymbals and strumming. I think the Here we go again - is just coincidence too.

And White Snake turned the opening lines of Pasalacqua and turned it into a song with Here I Go Again

Welcome to GDC, we're always in the need of more eggs, because eggs.

And...I have no idea what this topic is about. Could you give a ...more valid reason so as to why these two songs are the same?

When someone makes a thread and you don't have anything on topic or helpful to post then just don't post please.

Has anyone noticed that the start of the What did I do/god as my witness sounds sounds the same as Going to Pasalacqua.

It even starts by saying "There you go again" whilst Going to pasalacqua starts by saying "Here we go again"

What did I do/god as my witness is by the foo fighters if it is not known

Welcome to GDC! We have this thread here for talking about Green Day songs that sound like other songs (or vice versa) so I've gone ahead and merged your thread with it and the discussion can carry on here :). Since you've just joined you might want to have a read of the forum guidelines to get familiar with how the forum works, and if you'd like to introduce yourself you should make a thread in Welcome to Paradise.

At 5:21 of Dirty Rotten Bastards, it sounds a lot like Norwegian Wood by the Beatles, I don't know why, maybe it just does to me?

• 3 months later...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I recently listened to an old song by the band "America" called "Sister Golden Hair" This song's verse melody is incredibly similar to Green Day's Scattered. Do you hear the similarities? It sounds very heavily influenced by it. Sister Golden Hair came out in 1975. Just listen to the first verse and you will see what I mean...

GD Scattered

https://youtu.be/kaDMmA2sTQU

America - Sister Golden Hair

https://youtu.be/XIycEe59Auc

No problem that you didn't find this thread since it hasn't been used in a few months, but since someone kindly posted a link to it I've merged your thread with it :)

That does sound similar! And the song has that retro guitar sound that's reminiscent of Nimrod in general. Still could just be coincidence but given both things seems like it could've been an influence.

The intro to Two Door Cinema Club's Beacon sounds a lot like Whatsername

I can think of a couple of songs where GD stole riffs from Cheap Trick. The verse riff from "Wild One" is from the verse of a Cheap Trick song called "Lovin' Money" (someone mentioned earlier in this thread but the video was taken down, I found a new one in the link below) and the pre-chrous to "Letterbomb" is the verse riff to "She's Tight".

Lovin' Money

She's Tight

I understand that riffs and songs can coincidentally sound alike, but there's clearly a pattern here. Most of the songs that GD ripped off or stole parts from are mostly from their influences and counterparts.

I heard a country song at my friend's house and the melody was exactly the same as BOBD.

Pretty much every rock, country, and pop album that came out for the next two years after AI had some sort of kick-off version of BOBD. I've heard too many to list!

Pretty much every rock, country, and pop album that came out for the next two years after AI had some sort of kick-off version of BOBD. I've heard too many to list!

Or they could've been influenced by Wonderwall

• 1 year later...
On 7/4/2015 at 7:48 PM, Dillwad said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I recently listened to an old song by the band "America" called "Sister Golden Hair" This song's verse melody is incredibly similar to Green Day's Scattered. Do you hear the similarities? It sounds very heavily influenced by it. Sister Golden Hair came out in 1975. Just listen to the first verse and you will see what I mean...

That song always reminded me more of sweet 16!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived