Green Day songs that sound like other songs

StuckWithInsomnia

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these songs that's being listed dont sound like Green Day its Green Day sounding loke (insert band here)

Sex, Lies and Audiotape (Zebrahead) sounds very like East Jesus Nowhere in parts. But it's a great song anyway :P

Also so many people say the Stray Heart bassline is like Town Called Malice, which it is, but The Jam weren't the first to use it either.

She's A Rebel sounds like Boxcar by Jawbreaker, and Brain Stew is very similar to 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago. Which incidentally has the most retarded song title of all time.

Also Horseshoes and Handgrenades is just Main Offender by The Hives

The first bit of Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds like "March of the Toreador" from the musical carmen

Listen to Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill and it's almost the same son as Know Your Enemy. She even screams revolution in the same way

Hey Jude similar to When Its Time?, are you crazy?

I don't see that one either. The chord progressions are completely different and the melodies aren't particularly similar.

If you want a song that sounds like Hey Jude go listen to You And I by Lady Gaga :P

the piece is called Diamonds and Pearls

oh God lol

You sound like my grandparents trying to talk about Pokémon.

The games are called Diamond and Pearl and the music is Route 209.

Listen to Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill and it's almost the same son as Know Your Enemy. She even screams revolution in the same way

Brutal Love pretty much is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZB4jcPmFGo

These were both very intentional, and Sam Cooke even has a writing credit on Tré.

Neither is Bow Wow Wow. The question is what sounds similar to a Green Day song.

We all know what it is........ i consider The Boo song as "Green Day song", if you don't think so, it's fine!

We all know what it is........ i consider The Boo song as "Green Day song", if you don't think so, it's fine!

Well... I don't understand. When have Green Day ever played I Want Revenge?

1. If you don't know The Boo/ I Want Revenge, google is your friend.

2. If you don't think the song including in the topic as GD songs we can talk about, as i said, fine. If you really want to be that strict, so does when have Green Day ever played Supermodel Robot? This is a GD community, why is that under your avatar?

and we are not in a court, some people get it, agree or not either is fine, i don't want to explain no more, this supposed to be fun and I'm tired..

Well... I don't understand. When have Green Day ever played I Want Revenge?

I never said Green Day played I Want Revenge. It's The Boo, GD fans must understand what i mean.. it's not hard, gosh.

1. If you don't know The Boo/ I Want Revenge, google is your friend.

2. If you don't think the song including in the topic as GD songs we can talk about, as i said, fine. If you really want to be that strict, so does when have Green Day ever played Supermodel Robot? This is a GD community, why is that under your avatar?

and we are not in a court, some people get it, agree or not either is fine, i don't want to explain no more, this supposed to be fun and I'm tired..

I never said Green Day played I Want Revenge. It's The Boo, GD fans must understand what i mean.. it's not hard, gosh.

Well it's just like saying Smells Like Teen Spirit is a Queens Of The Stone Age song just because Dave Grohl played in both bands. It's different with The Network because it's all the same members.

Archived