Oh Love (Song of the Week)

pasalaska

Couldn't find this online to quote, so this is People Magazine's review:

"Equal parts punk stomp and pop splendor, the first single from the trio's upcoming album trilogy had me at hello - or at least the crunchy guitar riff that kick-starts it all. Oh yeah!" 4 stars

Thanks for posting - that's a nice little review. :)

I know I'm late posting this, and I really don't have much to say - everything's been said already. But I'm gonna say it anyway - I love it. This song had me from the beginning guitar riff, too. It's clean and yes, crunchy is a good word! There's just something about it that just gets under my skin and makes me smile. I love the sound of Billie's voice, and the lyrics are simple, but still make you wonder what it all means. It has me wanting more, and I can't wait to hear what they've done with the rest of it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends. I think most things classified as pop-punk aren't actually pop-punk. But yeah, I agree, some types of pop-punk are very similar to power pop.

very true!!

pop-punk 10 years ago is different from pop-punk now..

I said this in the oh love thread, and i don't know if this has been said before, but i just listened to green day's cover of "that's alright mama" and around the 1:16 mark they say "stop when the red lights flash, baby" :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting to see how just after that little clip of the video, interpretations of this song have changed from love/yearning/etc in addition to sex, to purely sex with no strings attached and for fun only. My initial interpretation is still the same which is pretty much a contrast to that, but it's cool that there's so many different ones out there.

• 6 months later...

I could listen to this song over and over, and billies sassyness (don't think that's even a word) in the video makes me go all girly

I love this song! It's so pretty! :wub:

And I can't help but laugh silently in my head every time the "tonight my heart's on the loose" part comes on. I just get this image of Billie's heart trying to run away from him. I don't know, I think it's kind of funny. :shy:

Archived