First single "Oh Love" - listen to it now

Liam

I dunno, I've listened to it a few times, and I really don't know what to say... Really gotta admit I don't really like it, especially for a first single. It doesn't have to be more up beat song or anything... Just probably not that song? If you know what I mean. The song itself seems as if it's missing a rawness to it or something. It might have been better if there was a video to go with it as well, instead of a lyrics video...

Nonetheless still excited about what else is still to come!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie sounds like the whiniest little gay boy ever. Nothing happens. It's basically the same line with the same meaning over and over again. This is embarrassing.

you aren't fucking serious?

I fucking love it. Listening to it on repeat. It's a kick-ass, gorgeous power-pop bash. Catchy as hell. Fresh and retro all at once. The Who/Cheap Trick/Power-Pop/Glam Rock/60's vibe, 80's sound/Yet entirely new. New direction, anything goes. Creativity flowing~ Just fucking gorgeous.

It was one of my very favorite songs from the live ones so obviously I'm pleased. I think some fans just aren't used to a rock song with a slower tempo from Green Day tbh and it's jilting them - I think it'll grow on people. Also, it does make sense to have this as the first single in a weird way because it is a sorta a warm-up single - The one to get everyone pumped about Uno will be released in a few weeks, chill. It'll be fast tempo. Just enjoy, don't over analyze. I think the lyrics are beautiful btw.. Simplicity does not equal bad. It's raw, he's put into words how you feel in the very moment, thoughts barely formed. Stunning. Production is perfect too.

and btw:

"Oh Love" is the first to single to be taken from Green Day's forthcoming '¡Uno!' album, the first of their '¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!' album trilogy. While the album does not come out until late September, an exclusive EP to be released on August 14, 2012 will feature the single along with a number of other tracks that have yet to be announced.

Where is this from? :o

I interpret the part with "oh ride, won't you take me close to you" as that Billie locked himself out of his car, and the car won't let him inside of it, sharing her soft seats and soothing stereo sound.

Billie sounds like the whiniest little gay boy ever. Nothing happens. It's basically the same line with the same meaning over and over again. This is embarrassing.

Huh?

The rest I can sort of agree with, but huh?

I can't fuckin' handle my feelings right now. I've been waiting the whole day, I had to wait even longer because of school.. and now the time has come, now I could listen to it. And I'm overwhelmed. More than I ever expected. I'm so in love with this song, there's nothing more to say. Billie's voice sounds AWESOME. The whole music sounds awesome - from guitar, over bass, to drums. :wub: :wub:

I love it! It's so fucking catchy, it'll be stuck in my head all day!

When do you think it'll be up on iTunes? I was planning on staying up to buy it, but for fuck's sake, it's already Wednesday morning here.

I'm oddly upset about the amount of hate the song is getting on places like YouTube. I can understand people not liking it, but commenters don't even state why they think it suck and are just plain rude about it. At least the majority of you guys on here are very civil and polite about your opinion. In most cases.

I don't understand all the hate. Can't you guys save it for tumblr, you're killing my happy boner. Anyways to be more mature. Oh Love was one of my favorites of the 'secret show' songs, right alongside Carpe Diem and Stay the Night. I think the studio version is fantastic. I wish they'd kept the line "don't stop under my touch" but I love "stop when the red lights flash."

i created tumblr and twitter this weekend for gd im dying over here with al these posts. What have i been missing?

i cant wait to see the video knowing samuel bayer its gonna be ah-mazing!!!

Nothing happens. It's basically the same line with the same meaning over and over again. This is embarrassing.

You just described every song in the charts for about the last 5 years :P

I heard about half of the live version so I knew what was expected. I reaaaally fucking like it! I guess I can understand why people may find it tedious because they were probably expecting something that really slaps 'em in the face or whatever; but I think it's a great song. Incredibly catchy too so whether people like it or not, I'm sure that without a doubt it'll be stuck in their heads all day :)

What really got me was Billie's voice though. Just looking back at past albums and this new song, you can reaaally hear the progression and it makes me happy because it's just cold hard proof of Green Day moving forward and Billie growing as a vocalist. I'm really happy right now :)

What the fuck?? Is this even remotely necessary?! So you don't like the lyrics ...there is no need to be a homophobic idiot. You are embarrassing if you consider yourself a fan after making a comment like that.

Fuck yea!!! Billie's voice has NEVER sounded better and this song exceeded all of my expectations for it! Just WOW!!!!!!! :D I'm really confident these upcoming albums will be the greatest thing Green Day has ever done! :)

:lol: Who pissed in your cornflakes?

1342446320211.gif

I actually hoped the voice wouldn't be as nasal and polished this time around. Oh well, it still makes me wanna fuck.

I just fell in love with Oh Love! I just can't stop listening to it! And the solo is fucking the best! :D

I like it! Sound like a punk queen song

And billie is siging higher and higher!

I love the little noise he makes in like the middle of the song, reminds me of something old greenday would do!

Wow...some people are really negative :|

This song is the build up to the other singles, which will be much faster and and energetic. I really don't understand people on here complaining and whining about it having no energy, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE AN ENERGETIC SONG.

It's a song that builds up, and it does it remarkably well :) I love the changes they've made since the Red 7 show. As for the autotune complaint...I don't think it sunds like autotune but obviously there is some production involved. I don't know...I'll admit I will be dissappointed if it's autotune, Billie's voice really doesn't need it. But like I said, what an an awesome song :D

After 10 seconds of listening to it, my hands started shaking and I started to cry, hahah. Well it's official now, the new Green Day era has started! I'm speechless, this song is so fucking amazing. I love it, can't wait to see the music video. I'm so happy right now.

After a few listens, my initial reaction is "meh". There just seems to be a lack of any kind of energy. If it wasn't for the other snippets of tracks from the album sounding absolutely awesome, I'd be pretty worried about Green Day's new direction.

I trust them though. The best is yet to come. :)

Ok, so first, what to expect from the public reaction:

It does seem like either an end-of-album or stadium chanting song, not so much a single to get pumped for an album (but I think that'll come).

This song won't convince the haters, but I think it's a good single that slightly hints at a different sound (compare this to 21 guns (which I don't like). There's so much less background noise, you can clearly hear every instrument they use).

As for my personal reaction?

EhfDO.jpg

finally!

Archived