First single "Oh Love" - listen to it now

Liam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god. I honestly can't believe it. It exceeded all of my expectations. If that's just how good one song sounds... I can't imagine the rest. Billie's voice is more amazing than ever.

I don't ever want to forget how I felt the first time I heard that. :wub:

I absolutely fucking love it. I just listened to it after vowing to wait until I got home, I couldn't bear the wait. It's just so powerful and I love the build up, and it's so damn catchy too! What a start to a new era in Green Day's career! :D

The song is really one piece of art. I can't believe how catchy they can make a song sound.

I just heard the song on the Dutch radio :D And they were really positive about it.

It's starting! Green Day are back!

I didn't like it at first because I thought it dragged a bit, but upon fourth listen I can discern each part of the song and grow to appreciate them. Plus, it's catchy as FUCK. Like, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's already in my head.

My mom actually sat down and listened to it with me, I thought she was just gonna laugh at me for freaking out, but she acted like she really liked it :bunny:

i love it. i love love love love love it. so much better than i expected. it's stuck in my head and it will be on repeat until the next single comes out .

Green Day in full power-ballad mode, and it... doesn't entirely work.

Positives:

- The whole chorus into solo section is great, and the one section where the song comes alive.

- It's a fresh sound they haven't tried before, and certainly nothing that would have been on either of the last two albums.

Negatives:

- Almost completely nonsensical lyrics

- The verses seem to have lead boots on. No energy whatsoever.

- Holy autotune, Batman. 2m 57 in particular.

- The official lyrics video is appalling, even as a placeholder. Not only does it draw attention to those lyrics, but it has all the design nuance of a 5 year old who ate his crayons.

I dunno, it grows on you after repeated play, but this doesn't feel like it's going to make as big an impact in the charts as Warner are hoping. It doesn't have the energy and impact of their faster stuff, nor the sentiment of their slower songs like 21 Guns. It feels like an anthemic album closer, but it's exactly that: an album track. Whichever way I look at it, this feels like a misstep :S

played it about 12 times now. Can't stop :runaround::dance:

Oh Love, Oh Love!

Wan´t you rain on me tonight?

Oh Ride, Free Ride!

Wan´t you take me close to you?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!!!!

Ah, it sent chills down my spine. It actually made me jump around with excitement when I heard it. I don't know how much longer I can take waiting for the first album to be released, I'm having Green Day cravings!

Awesome.

But what happened to being able to preorder the albums today from greenday.com? did that happen yet or ...?

Oh, God, I love it! I absolutely LOVE it! It's so beautiful! :wub: :wub:

They changed the lyrics a lot from what I heard in Austin. I like it though! I hope this is the stepping stone for them to take over like they did when AI came out.

Awesome.

But what happened to being able to preorder the albums today from greenday.com? did that happen yet or ...?

amazon already has all three of them

well...was a pleasure know all of you..i'm passed.. :wub::bunny:

OMG

tumblr_m2c47i9Crp1qd1tpr-1.gif

m222283245.gif

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT! :runaround:

memenewgdsongs.png

The guitar solo is orgasmic! HOLY FUCKBALLS!

The radio station I listen to played it at the exact time it went online. OMG The radio host talked about GD & the trilogy and even knew why the album "Tre!" is called "Tre" :woot: And they said there's an exclusive interview with GD tomorrow morning. I'll be recording it!!! HELL YEAH. OMG

I. CAN’T. EVEN.

tumblr_m55t5dCjTP1r1yyhoo1_500.gif

Good song but it isn't the most epic song of all times...

But it is extremely catchy.

I think Uno will have better songs, though. Just have to wait.

It took a couple of goes listening to it, but y'know what? I LOVE IT. It's so catchy and I' already walking around my house humming "far away, far away"

Archived