Green Day trilogy featured in Billboard magazine

Rogankiwifruit

I'm wondering if the documentaries will be sold separately from the albums (I presume it will be since it was said "DVDs of the films COULD be attached...") or if I pre-order the albums here in Brazil, the documentaries come as a bonus like they're probally gonna do in US.

I really want to buy all of them at once (CDs+DVDs) in a boxset/bundle but it has to be released in Brazil. It's not worth to import due to taxes, delivery, etc...

Guess I have to wait.

I have to quote Rob Cavallo:

These guys wrote 38, 39 songs. We're supposed to service the creativity. It's not the other way around. The artist should lead.

It's good to know that at least one person thinks this way in the industry and that this person works with my favorite band, giving them opportunity to work as they want.

:wub:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely going to by a phyiscal copy of this shit on Monday!!! :lol:

Ok, After reading about the plans for the albums, the songs and tour, I think I'm finally starting to believe it's all about to start. 3 albums so soon, a new Green Day era, new songs, new shows etc.

It's like when the AP article came out in 2008, then the Q one in 2009. Like those, this article in billboard magazine finally tells us something about the albums. So exciting!

To be honest there's only one thing I think about at the moment: how, where and when should I buy the albums and documentaries? :lol:

I am definitely going to by a phyiscal copy of this shit on Monday!!! :lol:

Yup, I'm going out with my friends to get the CD (they of course don't know that's the reason we are going out :lol: ).

I accidentally misread "Billie thinks really big" as "Billie thinks he's really big" the first time through. :P

I love how they seem to be experimenting with so many new styles for each song. I can see why they were saying, "We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives," when the trilogy was first announced. Really looking forward to all 3 albums!

I'm wondering if the documentaries will be sold separately from the albums (I presume it will be since it was said "DVDs of the films COULD be attached...") or if I pre-order the albums here in Brazil, the documentaries come as a bonus like they're probally gonna do in US.

I really want to buy all of them at once (CDs+DVDs) in a boxset/bundle but it has to be released in Brazil. It's not woth to import due to taxes, delivery, etc...

Guess I have to wait.

That's what I was thinking. I hate the taxes in Brazil, and if they don't release this here it's gonna be VERY expensive to get them! :/

----

Congrats Billboard! I loved it!

Great interview with a lot of new information!

Loved to hear about the marketing for this trilogy! Looks like they're working hard to let everyone know that Geren Day is back and they're better than ever :lol:

All this things that Rob said about Green Day is really cool! Good to know that some people in this industry still care about the music, not only the money :P

And the guys look really good in this photo! Mike your hair is just :wub:

What's going on with the text covering Billie's hand? (Like I'm the only one here with a dirty mind...)

2jb8vna.png

you ARE the only one here with a dirty mind.......

finally a new magazine to add to my binder :happy: !! and a tour soon? hot damn, I feel like I'm on the verge of a stroke with all this new information. This release period is like the one for 21CB, but on some majorly illegal steroids.

I've read this article four times and I still can't absorb all this information!!

Whenever it seems like things are starting to calm down I think "now is a good time to eat/go to the bathroom/sleep" . . . then bam!! More news/information/photos!!

A North American tour starting in late November? I didn't think they would tour until 2013 after all of the albums have been released. Green Day really likes to surprise us!! The sooner the better!!

This is so exciting!!

OMJOS thanks so much for posting!

I think I'm the only one who didn't get that excited about this article. :lol:

That story about Little Boy Named Train is really moving though... it'll be a totally different experience listening to that song now I know that.

OK, here's what I'm thinking re: the ticket/Dos bundle:

Dos is released in November, which is around the same time the tour begins, meaning, most likely, that tickets for the tour had to have been on sale before November (I will NOT be happy if they put them on sale the day the dates are announced, but that's a different story!). So, you ordered the tickets in, let's say, August. With that, you order a copy of Dos. That means they have the address to ship the tickets to, and, therefore, the address to ship the album to.

So, if you order tickets, you won't be getting a copy of Dos that you don't need. It can be your primary copy as it is likely to arrive on or shortly after its Nov. 13 release date.

I don't know what to write here. It's the same thing all over again. Me being super excited and just letting everyone know.. Whatever. This is amazing. This thing made me realize once again that everything about this triology is true and not just a wonderful dream that just hadn't end jet! :shy:

I'm much more exited about this then I ever was about 21st Century Breakdown. Warner actually seem to be going all out to promote the trilogy, and I actually think that the band is more excited as well. This time the build up is so much better, with all the video updates and everything. The band isn't being quite so secretive this time, and are actually letting us get involved, which is great to see :)

*makes angry facial expression*

I loved the stage clothes

AND the eyeliner. Period.

I actually love the stage clothes...

Yeah yeah I know I'm going against a lot of people saying that, but that's what I think :tired:

Nah, Mike and Tre are behind him and leaning forward so as to make it look like BJ is taller.

Tre's shorter than Billie and Mike's only a couple of inches taller anyway. They're all short arses :D

"UNO, DOS, ME!" :lol:

Oh my god :lol:

Instead of me trying to answer all the questions posed so far here is the link of the whole magazine. Scroll down to page 14 for the article.

https://www.dropbox....lboard 2012.pdf

Let me know if the link works and Bastard thank you for the introduction. It is great to be a part of this awesome community!! :dance:

Ok here we go -- this is just the cover and the Green Day article now.

http://dl.dropbox.co...rd_20120721.pdf

Thanks!

Ahh what a great article! Everything sounds amazing and it's really interesting to hear some more details about the songs. I'm even more excited and intrigued now.

Wow reading all this new info with a massive hangover was a struggle, I think I'll have to read it again later. I like that they explained the marketing plan.

But WOW! It's GREAT!!!

.. the guys look really coool.. and young ..

I'm much more exited about this then I ever was about 21st Century Breakdown. Warner actually seem to be going all out to promote the trilogy, and I actually think that the band is more excited as well. This time the build up is so much better, with all the video updates and everything. The band isn't being quite so secretive this time, and are actually letting us get involved, which is great to see :)

The thing about this that I love probably more than anything else is that they're all *loose*. They're working their asses off but it's all moving like a well-oiled machine, it's just gushing out of them, and they're making it all look effortless. When shit comes together like that you *know* the end result is gonna be good.

I have searched all over the damn city today for a copy of Billboard, and I couldn't find it. Guess I'll have to order online.

I have searched all over the damn city today for a copy of Billboard, and I couldn't find it. Guess I'll have to order online.

It doesn't officially hit stores till Monday :)

It doesn't officially hit stores till Monday :)

O_____O But I thought I read it came out a few days ago. God I feel stupid. ...But the stores I went to didn't carry the magazine at all, anyway.

Edit: Yeah I read it wrong. :pinch:

Archived