She's A Rebel

pasalaska

Great pick for SOTW! One of the most energetic and fun tracks on the album. This is a song where you can dance around the room to it, whether or not someone is home :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very short song, but I love it!! It gives me strength whenever I need it :)

Took me a while to get into this song, I always found it a quite annoying song but over time its grown on me. I now love the song and even though its the shortest of the album I just can't get enough of it. I wanted to post this video from Lollapalooza in 2010 where Billie fucks up the lyrics, for those of you who haven't seen it. Its actually a quite nice sounding song when its acoustic

Hahahahaha! I remember seeing that video just a day or two after the show. Very funny.

Catchiest Green Day song ever! Gets right in my head and just makes me want to bounce around :happy:. It's colourful and upbeat and exciting much like the character it's describing. I love the way Billie writes about strong female characters and this is a great example of it. Badass song.

I love the contrast this song gives to Give Me Novacaine. It's something that Green Day overdid on the AI, but they overdid it well. The upbeat, charged Holiday giving way to the mellow build-up of BOBD; the slow, introspective Are We the Waiting segueing into the psychotic fuck-you spectacle of St. Jimmy (the best such transition on the album, imo), and the melancholy feel of Novacaine leading into the driving and carefree She's a Rebel. It was definitely an overdone motif on AI, but because they picked the right songs to pair, it worked.

I love that too! It makes She's A Rebel feel that much more kickass when it kicks in after the lull at the end of Give Me Novacaine. And I definitely agree that that technique worked, makes the album like a little rollercoaster ride going up and down and faster and slower.

I wish they'd made it a separate song on Green Day Rock Band instead of putting it on the end of Give Me Novacaine though. Sometimes I wanna cut straight to the fun part :D

This song must be one of my favorites from AI, but i prefer listening to it with Give Me A Novacaine first :)

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that 'She's a Rebel' and 'Good Riddance' are about the same girl (who left Billie in 1991), but could be mistaken.

Anyway this is one of my favourites, the chorus is brilliant songwriting!

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that 'She's a Rebel' and 'Good Riddance' are about the same girl (who left Billie in 1991), but could be mistaken.

Anyway this is one of my favourites, the chorus is brilliant songwriting!

Yeah Billie's said Good Riddance is about a girl called Amanda who he was with for a year around the time he was writing Dookie, and that Chump, She, Sassafras Roots and Whatsername are about her too (as well as the new song Amanda lol, and probably other songs too). I don't think I've ever specifically heard that She's A Rebel is about her but since it's about the same character as Whatsername I guess it's gotta have at least a bit of her in there. Interesting link between the songs!

I want to write something awesome about this song but I don't really have any inspiration right now... so just want to say that it's one of my favourites from AI. :happy: It has amazing lyrics and really paints a picture of the character Whatsername and why Jimmy or Johnny or whatever you want to call him is in love with her.

It was epic seeing this in the American Idiot musical too. Brings back memories every time I listen to it!

When AI first came out, this was my favourite track and others would kind of look at me like "wtf?" I suppose it wasn't the obvious choice. Still love it.

Love this song :wub: So underrated, and the transition from Give Me Novacaine is brilliant. 2 minutes of pure bliss :)

This is actually one of my favorite songs on American Idiot. In my opinion, the best line is definitely, "And she's holding on my heart like a hand grenade..." I never really got the full effect of the album artwork on American Idiot until I heard this song. It's fast, powerful, and very well written. Hooray for the song of the week!

You must do Panic Song!

Archived