Idiot Nation

bri1039

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to question getting my IC membership...I mean really, the only thing worthwhile about the IC is presales nowadays (and half the time it seems like those aren't even very good). After I saw the Japan tour video be uploaded by greenday's account on Youtube, it made me realize that the Idiot Club isn't really offering anything exclusive at all. As far as fanclubs go, it's sad to say that it's always been a big disappointment.

I'm starting to question getting my IC membership...I mean really, the only thing worthwhile about the IC is presales nowadays (and half the time it seems like those aren't even very good). After I saw the Japan tour video be uploaded by greenday's account on Youtube, it made me realize that the Idiot Club isn't really offering anything exclusive at all. As far as fanclubs go, it's sad to say that it's always been a big disappointment.

I think they are trying to improve. We will see.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new layout, which I'm hoping will be as colorful as the trilogy album covers. Presales are my main motive for staying in the Idiot Club as well. There's also part of me that really misses the American Idiot era Idiot Club, and I'd be curious to know why they got rid of all the Q&A videos and such when they first re-designed the website.

that forum is a complete clusterfuck. I hope they rectify that and make it more visitor friendly. Like GDC is. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got my idiot club renewal postcards in the post today. It had been about a month since I'd rejoined so I actually forgot about this renewal package. Unfortunately I didn't get one of the 10 signed postcard packages but oh well :( What do you guys think of the postcards? They're OK in my opinion, some aren't the greatest of quality but they're still cool plus I love the special slip they come in.

Merged with the Idiot Club thread in Green Day Chat. Remember to do a search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

Got my idiot club renewal postcards in the post today. It had been about a month since I'd rejoined so I actually forgot about this renewal package. Unfortunately I didn't get one of the 10 signed postcard packages but oh well :( What do you guys think of the postcards? They're OK in my opinion, some aren't the greatest of quality but they're still cool plus I love the special slip they come in.

Sounds cool! I didn't even know about them, wonder when I'll get mine. What do they look like?

Merged with the Idiot Club thread in Green Day Chat. Remember to do a search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

Sounds cool! I didn't even know about them, wonder when I'll get mine. What do they look like?

Oops sorry didn't realise that idiot club thread was talking about the postcards, silly me :runaround:

There are 10 different ones all of the band on stage. 3x Billie, 3x Mike, 3x Tre and 1x Billie and Mike with the drum kit (no Tre). Found this news item on greenday.com so you can see them here

Oops sorry didn't realise that idiot club thread was talking about the postcards, silly me :runaround:

No worries :)

i think that the whole site needs to have a better layout and look's to it because its kinda looking a bit plain

Am I right when I say the postcards is only for those who did NOT renew their membership by buying the bundle and using the code?

is there an option somewhere on IC where you can see how many days you have left of your membership?

once you have signed onto the site, scroll right to the bottom of the page and click on where it says "update account info". login and then click on where it says "payment history" it will tell you exactly how long you have left of your membership.

Am I right when I say the postcards is only for those who did NOT renew their membership by buying the bundle and using the code?

yeah, if you are renewing the old fashioned way you get the postcards. that was the last renewal package any way. I think they are in the process of sorting a new one but I don`t know as yet what that is sorry.

yeah, if you are renewing the old fashioned way you get the postcards. that was the last renewal package any way. I think they are in the process of sorting a new one but I don`t know as yet what that is sorry.

That sucks :( So I was waiting for nothing the whole time.

There are 10 different ones all of the band on stage. 3x Billie, 3x Mike, 3x Tre and 1x Billie and Mike with the drum kit (no Tre). Found this news item on greenday.com so you can see them here

I see, thanks!

I guess I like the Idiot Club? Only became a member for the first time when I bought my box set a couple weeks back, but I'm excited for a Pre-sale

I just got my IC membership renewal today. I don't think I've been missing out on too much. It's safe to say like the majority of you I much prefer GDA :D

once you have signed onto the site, scroll right to the bottom of the page and click on where it says "update account info". login and then click on where it says "payment history" it will tell you exactly how long you have left of your membership.

where does it say it? can't see how many days left

never mind, can see it now

Honestly, so far I like the Idiot Club. I understand how it's not as exclusive anymore, but the pre-sales helped me a lot and I'm sure it will get better soon. :) I've only had my account since June, so I'm not familiar with "The old Idiot Club" but I do know that it was cooler than this one. But I think it's fine, if you aren't a concert person, it's probably not worth it. But I'm sure they will realize how downhill it became and update it soon. :)

I mean look at the logo. :lol:

I just received my postcards! They're just 10 normal sized postcards but they came in a massive box for some reason lol. And they're in a nice little cardboard case with another Green Day photo on it. Pretty cool, although I'm not sure I'll ever have much use for them. Plus some of the photos, particularly the ones of Mike and Tre, aren't very flattering :lol:. But I like them, they're weird and cool.

I just received my postcards! They're just 10 normal sized postcards but they came in a massive box for some reason lol. And they're in a nice little cardboard case with another Green Day photo on it. Pretty cool, although I'm not sure I'll ever have much use for them. Plus some of the photos, particularly the ones of Mike and Tre, aren't very flattering :lol:. But I like them, they're weird and cool.

Did you re-new your membership with the code you got for ordering the bundle?

Yeah, the size of the box it comes in is massive. :lol: Wondered what the hell i had purchased.

Did you re-new your membership with the code you got for ordering the bundle?

Nah I haven't ordered the bundle, I just renewed the normal way. I don't think you get the postcards if you renewed with the bundle (can't be sure though).

Archived