Idiot Nation

bri1039

I've merged your topic with our existing topic about the Idiot Nation.

thanks Andres! (:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That t-shirt looks awesome! Is there a way I can renew now, even though my membership won't expire until September? I'd love to be able to get the shirt sooner rather than later.

you can renew any time you want! as long as your actual renewal date comes within the dates given for the t-shirt being available, then you can renew early.

Has anybody else had login issues? I've had them email me my user name and password, but it still doesn't let me login. Frustrating. I emailed them a few days ago, but have yet to hear anything.

Has anybody else had login issues? I've had them email me my user name and password, but it still doesn't let me login. Frustrating. I emailed them a few days ago, but have yet to hear anything.

I had problems getting onto the forums earlier and emailed the admins about it. the site itself was fine, just the forums were playing up. if you are still having issues pm me your username and I can pass it on for you,

I had problems getting onto the forums earlier and emailed the admins about it. the site itself was fine, just the forums were playing up. if you are still having issues pm me your username and I can pass it on for you,

They fixed it. Thanks, though.

you

can renew any time you want! as long as your actual renewal date comes

within the dates given for the t-shirt being available, then you can

renew early.

I raised this with directly with the gdidiotnation.com, asking if I could pay the membership early, but my renewal date (Feb 2014) would have been outside the range given for the Tshirt. I ended up cancelling the free subscription, just to get me back on track with the sub renewal gifts, I really like the shirt and begrudge missing out on it.

"If you renewed your membership again, it would not activate until your current membership was over on 02/23/2014, which would be past the t-shirt merchandise package period. It has not yet been decided what the membership package for late 2013/early 2014 will be. Our apologies for any inconvenience."

I've been thinking about Idiot Nation a lot lately, and I feel like I'm the only one who is not committed to the idea of it.

Sure, music is not for free, at least if you look at CDs/Vinyls, concert tickets, merch, etc etc. But I find it kind of stupid that there is this distinction between fans. Fans who pay money get all those awesome advantages, whereas those who don't get...well, nothing.

I'm not making a deal out of the amount of investment - to be honest, it's close to nothing per day. But the idea of making money with a fanclub is annoying me. I'd love to read others' opinions about this and I'd be happy if at least a few people replied since it's my first topic.

They're not really "awesome advantages" to be honest, and no one thinks of fans who've joined as being better or different at all. Basically it's like if you see they're doing something you think is worth $20 you can join and get it. Entering a presale for a show and getting a t shirt and seeing a couple of videos (when you're already spending loads more on show tickets anyway whether you pay to join for a presale or not, and most people would pay $20 for just a t shirt anyway, and most videos end up getting leaked or posted on GD.com at a later date anyway) doesn't lead to a distinction between fans or give any huge advantages to anyone.

Besides the presale, I don't really think its worth it. Like Hermione said, everything either gets leaked on the internet or posted onto greenday.com a few days later.

Look at Linkin Parks fan site, Linkin Park Underground. Every year for $25 they get a t-shirt, access to presales, chances of getting meet and greets (all over the world), a CD (containing unreleased tracks, demos, alternative mixes), video chats with the band plus a lot more goodies. They are completely limited to only the people that sign up, yes the CD could easily be leaked but the rest of the stuff is such a bonus.

If they want to start attracting more fans then they need to really start improving. I bought a membership a few years ago and never even used it so I never renewed, nothing was worth it. I'm only on the site now because it came with the boxset but at this rate, I don't even know if I'd wanna renew just for a tshirt.

so basically there is a slight difference over the price of memberships.

they give cds out.....which could well be ripped and shared and no doubt are.

they do video chats with the band, (bet memberships are shared for those so non-members get to see them) the idiot nation tried that out with Schneidy and currently do video`d q & a`s with band and crew members. (which have been ripped and shared on these forums)

they have the chance of meet and greets. not done through the IN so far but they have done early entry and sound checks.

erm...what other awesome stuff do they do through their fan club then? just out of curiosity?

and do they have a section of the fanbase that is completely against major record labels/fanclubs/ paying for things and that type of thing?

• 1 month later...

so basically there is a slight difference over the price of memberships.

they give cds out.....which could well be ripped and shared and no doubt are.

they do video chats with the band, (bet memberships are shared for those so non-members get to see them) the idiot nation tried that out with Schneidy and currently do video`d q & a`s with band and crew members. (which have been ripped and shared on these forums)

they have the chance of meet and greets. not done through the IN so far but they have done early entry and sound checks.

erm...what other awesome stuff do they do through their fan club then? just out of curiosity?

and do they have a section of the fanbase that is completely against major record labels/fanclubs/ paying for things and that type of thing?

There might be a slight difference in price but its a big difference in what you get physically and online.

Yes a CD could easily be ripped and shared but there's no doubt a bunch of people would much rather join to get the physical copy for themselves.

I have been enjoying the Q&A's with the band so that is a plus side to IN. And I would like to point out that anytime someone has posted the videos here, we instantly removed them.

They do give out other things like water bottles, key chains, that sorta thing. I'm not expecting IN to completely rip off the stuff they are doing but if you compare the two fan base's, you get way more for your money.

I understand you guys have problems with competitions and such and there's certain things the band has to agree with to be able to do, you guys just need to stuff to make it worth the money. If you guys can do that, I can promise that I'll renew.

Not a member of IN and never even seen one Q and A. I am not even kidding.

I've been thinking about Idiot Nation a lot lately, and I feel like I'm the only one who is not committed to the idea of it.

Sure, music is not for free, at least if you look at CDs/Vinyls, concert tickets, merch, etc etc. But I find it kind of stupid that there is this distinction between fans. Fans who pay money get all those awesome advantages, whereas those who don't get...well, nothing.

I'm not making a deal out of the amount of investment - to be honest, it's close to nothing per day. But the idea of making money with a fanclub is annoying me. I'd love to read others' opinions about this and I'd be happy if at least a few people replied since it's my first topic.

I seriously doubt that the IN is a big revenue stream for the band, or even the company that runs the club. I'm sure someone is employed to run this thing, if not a few people. The website costs money. Filming those Q&As and any other little "exclusive" clips they put out cost money. The T-shirt costs money.

I don't think anyone feels superior or like a "bigger fan" because they paid the annual fee. (that's a pretty silly thing to brag about anyway) I joined for the pre-sales. That's it. The shirt is cool. The contests are nice. On the 21CB tour they GAVE me a ticket to the Sacramento show along with a bunch of other people. That's pretty cool.. They also were the first to break the news about all those secret shows they played as well as getting people tickets, free entry, etc. I'm sure stuff like that will come around again.

Can't really expect them to offer all that stuff for free. The shirt and the pre-sale alone is worth the money IMO, heck just the shirt and the few bits of news they put out there first.

Archived