Idiot Nation

bri1039

Thoughts? What do you like? Dislike? How could it be better?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It needs a better design. Please. It looks so amateurish it's ridiculous!

Yes, I'm shallow and only care about the looks of things.

:P

I do like how there's been more activity on there lately, though.

Idiot Club is poop

Literally first thing that came to my mind

I regret nothing

Mike Dirnt should finally answer his questions. Apart from that I wish the users on the forums were more active. And apart from that I guess I kind of like it. :)

Its expensive for me, about thousand bucks Indian currency and as far as I have seen and heard, its not worth it. The interface and stuff is bad.

Well, I think it's hilarious that they changed the Green Day logo on the news page to match the new album font, but they didn't change the link graphics. So there are bits of the old logo in the link graphics. I agree with Ingrid. It needs a design update.

They have been doing better with activity lately. For a while the whole thing was so terrible, I never went there.

That being said, I do wish we'd get more exclusives. Everything seems to get posted on GD.com a couple hours after it's posted on IC. And it would be nice if the IC presales were ACTUALLY presales. I'm referring to AI tickets. The 'presales' went up sometimes MONTHS after the tickets actually went on sale.

I can't even see it anymore because I need to renew. I like presales though. AI presales were crap, but the tour presales were pretty good.

dislike: the fact that someone can pay and get news faster and listen to shit "poor" fans can't. I can't ever afford to just spend 20$ on a subscription, yet I'm here and on GDA daily. I think that many members of the club view themselves as bigger fans.

this reminds me my account expired months ago.

this is how fundamental the idiot club has been in my life.

Can't really complain because I won 'early entrance' in 2010. :cool: I need to renew before they start touring again...

Needs moar nudies. :mad::P

I just signed up recently, not a fan of how the design looks, seems really outdated. Maybe that's because I'm comparing it to GDA/GDC, but yeah. :lol:

I hate it. I originally subscribed for the early entry competitions in 2010, then I resubscribed last week with all the news that's coming out about the new albums. I'm hoping there will be presales and actual decent competitions with the next tour else it's gonna be $30 poorly spent. The gift for renewing was some postcards? Yet I don't think you're given the option to pay $10 less and not have them.

I've tried going onto the forum but it just frustrates me, the design seems really amature and unprofessional, as it does on the whole of the idiot club for that matter. Right now they have four users online, here we've got one hundred and forty seven. The people and topics on there annoy me, I don't know whether that's heightened by the horrid Courier New(?) font, but I just can't stand to be on there.

This place just makes all of the online official Green Day stuff seem a bit of a joke. GDA/GDC has an amazing design, amazing people, virtually always gets the news first with well written, interesting articles and would never spell Billie's name 'Billy'..

I've never been a member, because the only benefit I can think of is presales. Other than that if they post breaking news I know that GDA will post the info not too long afterwards anyway :happy:

The gift for renewing was some postcards?

Really? I think we got a t-shirt last year (or was it in '10?). I guess I won't renew until they announce a European tour, I don't have much use for postcards.

I think its a bit expensive, especially for non US members =/ And I hate the fact that most of the competitions are US only :dry:

But I think its worth it for the exclusives. I can't wait for Mike's answers :wub:

Really? I think we got a t-shirt last year (or was it in '10?). I guess I won't renew until they announce a European tour, I don't have much use for postcards.

Yeah, I thought I'd be getting a Tshirt but apparently not :(

To be honest my last renewal was a waste of money. I paid $20 to sit and watch contests I couldn't enter. That was excused by a Q&A I didn't care about and a Q&A that never happened. I don't even bother with the forum. Seeing the trailers and stuff early was very cool, but not worth $20.

Sure maybe it'll be worth it when the tour comes around, but it should be worth it all the time. If the contests are going to continue that way then it should be made much clearer when you sign up. "But we're working on it" isn't a good enough excuse, until people get what they pay for then it shouldn't be advertised otherwise.

And yeah, the design is a bit hard on the eyes.

The design needs to come into the 21st century.

The postcards were ridiculous - you should have had the option not to order them.

It really annoys me the way it logs you out after a short period, and the fact that you have to log into the forum separately. It needs a "remember me" button.

It is very difficult to use on your phone - mobile version?

More competitions or something else worthwhile for non US people. The European Union is a large area with common legislation under which you must be able to run competitions.

My favourite thing was the front row AI tickets.

I was member then since 2005, my last renewal expired a bit more than a year ago (I haven't rened because of sienseless Venezuelan currency exchage policies, but I intend to renew on December).

What I disliked: there were a whole bunch of contests but practically all of them were just for US members (seriously, if everyone's paying $20 to be a member, it can't afford to ship something overseas every once in a little while?), this is what upset me the most. But also, lack of activity, and on the matter of the presales, I remember the presale for the concert in Venezuela was announced barely a few hours before it started and would last only for 24 hours or something, giving me (and any other Venezulan member that might have been there at the time) basically no time to prepare for it (aka get the money). Oh, and also, there were some Q&A that were supposed to happen, member submitted their questions, but the answers never came up. And right now, it's been a while since the Q&A with Mike was announced, and as far as I know no answers have been posted yet, so I fear the same thing might happen again. Also, the Q&A were better at the beginning, back in 2005 or 2006? when they were monthly (more or less) and in video format.

What I liked: The people there, I made really awesome friends that I still keep in touch with, and the presales for concerts (the presales for the US dates worked amazingly well, as far as I can remember).

dislike: the fact that someone can pay and get news faster and listen to shit "poor" fans can't. I can't ever afford to just spend 20$ on a subscription, yet I'm here and on GDA daily. I think that many members of the club view themselves as bigger fans.

True that. They got news about Uno and Dos first and when they tried to post about it here the topics got deleted because "we" had to wait. So paying 20 dollars every year makes them "bigger" fans than me? LMAO

I have never bothered with Idiot Club and I am glad after reading through this thread. I'm not American and I can't really see GD live so there seems to be no point in IC unless I feel like paying money to be frustrated.

I have never bothered with Idiot Club and I am glad after reading through this thread. I'm not American and I can't really see GD live so there seems to be no point in IC unless I feel like paying money to be frustrated.

Why can't you go see 'em live? :(

Why can't you go see 'em live? :(

They would never play around where I live and I do not have the funds and means to travel and see them, at least not for a few years.

I like the Idiot Club...I do think they need a new update but I still like it!

Archived