Static Noise 68: A preview of ¡Uno!

Fuzz

68: A preview of ¡Uno!

We're back once again, this time we break down the preview released for ¡Uno!. We talk about the music, the album artwork, our expectations, and how we feel about the direction Green Day appears to be headed.

Listen to the show

Or you can right click this link to save the file directly.

iTunes

You can also subscribe to the show in iTunes to automatically download the latest episodes. If you have a couple minutes to spare, please leave us a review there as well.

Hosts

Andres | Jimmy | Matt | Tony | Mikey

Contact Us

We invite you guys to write in feedback, stories, whatever for us - staticnoise@greendayauthority.com. You can also follow us on Twitter (@StaticNoiseGDA) or like the show on Facebook.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Can't wait to listen to it! M1KEY and Tony are in the episode! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Downloading...

''I think the end of the thing is, is probably my most, umm, something?". Totally agree Andres. :lol:

I really liked this episode! :)

About the recurring theme of the albums: to me it just seems like it's about going downtown to party: having fun (Carpe Diem, Makeout party, Kill the DJ, See you tonight ...), getting in fights (State of shock, crushing bastards), falling in love (Oh Love, Fell for you), seducing that person (Stop when the red lights flash/make you surrender), followed by.. Stay the Night and It's fuck time. ;) I dunno! If anything, the titles to the songs do have something in common. I'm not saying there's an actual storyline, but.. I'd assume there's just some cohesion in the theme.

oh wow, correct episode on the first try! :D

Crossing my balls for calculations.

oh wow, correct episode on the first try! :D

Crossing my balls for calculations.

Your balls may turn blue because there aren't any.

cleaning my room while listing to this is way better than cleaing my room and talking to my posters !

Your balls may turn blue because there aren't any.

You break my heart, man :c

love the new intro! nice to see M1key and Tony back :)

my cat's now on my lap listening with me, he was going crazy till i put it on...you guys can apparently get through to cats! :happy:

Great episode guys! :lol:

Oh, and should the answer to the question include cowritten songs too?

Oh how I have missed all of you together in the podcast. And yes, Mikey, we love you :wub:

I was going to listen to it later, but when I realized Mikey and Tony are back, I decided I need to listen to it NOW.

Oh how I have missed all of you together in the podcast. And yes, Mikey, we love you :wub:

And I love you, handsome man from Kansas. :eyebrows:

First time I listen to one of these shows, and I actually really enjoyed! Very funny.

And I'm gonna be the geek that points out that 17 x 3 = 51, not 41 :P

First time I listen to one of these shows, and I actually really enjoyed! Very funny.

And I'm gonna be the geek that points out that 17 x 3 = 51, not 41 :P

Well thanks for giving the show a chance and glad you enjoyed it. As for the math, Matt actually corrected himself and said 51 after he said 41, just gotta listen a little closer. :happy:

Well thanks for giving the show a chance and glad you enjoyed it. As for the math, Matt actually corrected himself and said 51 after he said 41, just gotta listen a little closer. :happy:

Thanks for the back-up, dearest.

Oh I didn't hear that part, I did hear him say something like "not sure if the math is correct", or something along those words, but never actually heard him say the actual number.

I'm sorry then anyways, my bad.

Thanks for the back-up, dearest.

You know I'm always in back... I mean... have your back.

Oh I didn't hear that part, I did hear him say something like "not sure if the math is correct", or something along those words, but never actually heard him say the actual number.

I'm sorry then anyways, my bad.

The GDA gods are forgiving deities.

Totally forgot to mention this on the podcast, but was anyone else reminded of these when they saw the artwork for the new album?

green_day_foto1.jpgBillie-Joe-Green-Day-c-billie-joe-armstrong-24086429-1024-768.jpg

Archived