Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Situation Debate (Concerning Sexual Assault) (Read further)

Debate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,311 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,856 rep

sorry, i worded that wrong: he attempted to go down on her, she said no and pushed him away, he left that alone. she continued with this tactic and it didn't work when it came to actual penetration. cause the guy's a cunt.

Again, how is this not an open and shut case?

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • what is edd may never die

• 15,365 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 3,429 rep

Again, how is this not an open and shut case?

the fact that she made him put a condom on. if the case went to court, which it didn't, she would have been ripped to shreds.

kelly42fox

kelly42fox
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Joined Jun 02, 2010
  • 1,150 rep

after a certain point, my best friend didn't say no. it wasn't working. she, in fact, reached for a condom when she realised he wouldn't stop for anything. you could say she wanted it - her rapist has. on paper, her case looks like she fucked him, regretted it, and cried rape. actually speaking to her about it, however... you'd have to be both deaf and blind not to believe her. i don't particularly give a shit what anyone else says, anything less than a "yes" or active participation is not consent. and yes, this was a social situation. she'd been drinking. he had not.

also - "unfair to the other person"? WHAT? unfair to a rapist? no such fucking thing, my friend. that's a disgusting attitude, imo.

Ok... see now you're giving more information on a situation... See, she DID give an indication that she wanted him to stop, tho... Trying to get a condom, but him not stopping?! That's FUCKED UP. That IS assault.

I'm REALLY sorry for your friend. I pray that she's ok.

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,311 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,856 rep

the fact that she made him put a condom on. if the case went to court, which it didn't, she would have been ripped to shreds.

Ahh, fuck. A terrible, terrible injustice and I'm sorry it had to happen to your friend. This isn't one of those "black and white" situations at all though, I think most will be in agreement with me that if the word "no" is spoken (especially with physically shoving him back) then that is clearly rape. No ifs or buts.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,960 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,583 rep
Cases like this rarely are black and white.

Yussef

Yussef
  • love infinitely

• 17,344 posts
  • Joined Jun 22, 2006
  • 4,603 rep
Please add a trigger warning.
  • Frank's Penis likes this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,102 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
Drunk=rape
Dancing sexily without giving verbal consent=rape
Taking shirts off without giving verbal concent=rape
No matter what gender.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,960 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,583 rep
And yet the law doesn't always seem to see it as such...?

Yussef

Yussef
  • love infinitely

• 17,344 posts
  • Joined Jun 22, 2006
  • 4,603 rep
no

because patriarchy and pseudo science and greedy people
  • Frank's Penis and ScreamsInSilence815 like this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,960 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,583 rep

no

because patriarchy and pseudo science and greedy people

Is it that simple? I've never looked into legal cases such as these but where does the law (not how we/you think it should) draw the line on reasonable prevarication?

Yussef

Yussef
  • love infinitely

• 17,344 posts
  • Joined Jun 22, 2006
  • 4,603 rep
How is prevarication ever reasonable...?
  • Frank's Penis likes this

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,102 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
The law and government don't care about us, that's why.

Sofouska

Sofouska
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Joined Aug 13, 2010
  • 740 rep

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... Do we?

"Most men", not all of men. And I'm sorry, but from what I often see, I don't think men regard women as important as they think they are.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,102 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
Woah. What is this fuckery that staying quiet is implied consent and is unfair to the rapist? Silence is not consent. When I was assaulted, I was so scared I froze up and couldn't speak. Did I consent too?
  • johndorkian likes this

chatnoir

chatnoir
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2008
  • 607 rep

When it's not necessarily about rape, but about other kinds of sexual assault (remarks, groping, ass smacking etc), if you're scantily clad you are much more likely to experience that than when you're walking around in sweatpants and a hoodie.

But is it really? Is there any proof, this isn't just an assumption?

I was once assaulted by a bunch of guys on my way home from going out in town. They hung around at a place I walked by and started making remarks and one of them kind of ran after me and grabbed my ass, before I even noticed what was happening. I wore normal jeans and t-shirt. If anything, the situation has been provoked by the place being not crowded anymore, because it was after midnight and me already giving them a scared look when I had noticed them.

Another situation happened to a friend of mine, who also wore completely normal clothes. She was out dancing in a club and knowing her, she isn't the sexily dancing type either, but one guy kept trying to get near her and to dance very close to her. Shit started immediately, as soon as she made gestures to be left alone (not giving him the finger, just polite gestures) and later also told him, that she wanted to be left alone. He actually grabbed her once and later when they had a verbal fight, he told her, he would wait for her to leave and then he would rape her, because she were an arrogant cunt.

Both situations had nothing to do with the way we dressed.

Advertising

xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005
  • 160 rep

Woah. What is this fuckery that staying quiet is implied consent and is unfair to the rapist? Silence is not consent. When I was assaulted, I was so scared I froze up and couldn't speak. Did I consent too?

Didn't say staying quiet, said Going along with it... as in, enjoying, participating, not being scared and freezing up.

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,102 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
Ohhhh, okay. I misunderstood that then.

Rush guy

Rush guy
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2011
  • 97 rep

Well, I take issue with the phrase "inviting sexual assault." It seems like a bad excuse that sex offenders retreat to. The person who makes the unwanted advance is at fault. The penis persuades but it does not control.

Does seeing boobs cause you to unzip your pants or extend your hand? Absolutely not. You are the one who decides to satisfy the urge. Psychology is not something that happens to you; it's a part of you. Therefore, you must do your part to reel in YOUR impulses. It's not just society and it's not just evolution- it's YOU.

I'm a big fan of Sartre, and both of these situations reek of bad faith. Blame is put on external things and people fail to take responsibility. So, you weren't in control of your actions but your equally drunk partner was? We like to take responsibility when things go our way, but we push it aside when they go south.
  • Yussef, Trotsky and Class.of.13 like this

Rush guy

Rush guy
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined May 12, 2011
  • 97 rep
Does the silence mean that we all agree to a reasonable extent on a complicated issue for once?? Sweet!

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton

• 18,102 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,424 rep
^:lol:

Frank's Penis

Frank's Penis
  • <3 ∞

• 9,032 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2006
  • 1,204 rep
Well it is a fucking stupid thing to debate. If you want sex, get consent. If a person is too drunk to give consent, don't have sex with them. If knowing when a person is consenting to sex is too complicated for you, you shouldn't be having sex, go fuck yourself. If you have sex with a person without their consent, die die die in the worst possible manner you fucking rapist.
  • Yussef likes this

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 17,960 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,583 rep
This debate wasn't necessarily supposed to be about sex but I guess it's difficult to entirely articulate what you mean in an OP... never mind. It was supposed to be about drawing lines, the way the law sees things, reasonable aggravation (does that even exist?), consent and then changing your mind, physical impulse over mental etc...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users