Blood, Sex and Booze

pasalaska

This week’s Song of the Week is the kinky Blood, Sex and Booze, the second track off Green Day’s 6th Studio album, Warning, released in 2000.

Blood, Sex and Booze’s lyrics are very simple in their meaning; the song is all about bondage. There’s really not much more to it than that; it’s about a guy that gets off on pain, humiliation and being dominated by “a girl called Kill”. Just in case the lyrics didn’t make it clear enough, the song’s intro features the sound of a man (a sound engineer by the name of Tone) being whipped by a dominatrix called Mistress Simone. Here’s a video of it! (NSFW)

This week’s video is a live performance of the song from Goat Island in Sydney, Australia, filmed on the 8th of April, 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDpMP_gh4VQ

Lyrics:

Waiting in a room, all dressed up and bound and gagged up

To a chair, it's so unfair, well I don't dare to move

For the pain she puts me through

Is what I need so make it bleed

I'm in distress, oh mistress I confess so do it one more time

These handcuffs are too tight, well you know I will obey

So please don't make me beg

For blood, sex and booze you give me

Say I'm disturbed it's what I deserve

Another lesson to be learned

From a girl called Kill

My head is in the gutter

Thank you sir, strike up another mandolin of discipline

Throw me to the dogs, let them eat my flesh down

To the wood, it feels so good

I'm in distress, oh mistress I confess so do it one more time

These handcuffs are too tight well you know I will obey

For blood, sex and booze you give me

Say I'm disturbed it’s what I deserve

Another lesson to be learned

From a girl called Kill

I'm in distress oh mistress I confess so do it one more time

These handcuffs are too tight well you know I will obey

For blood, sex, and booze you give me

*********************************************************************************************************

You can nominate songs for discussion as Song of the Week in the SotW Nominations and Archive thread, which contains links to each previous Song of the Week in its first post.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my favourite off warning, kinda like hitchin a ride but not as rocking/loud. still a great song :happy:

This is a Great song from Warning and the intro is nice.

Great choice! This is one of my favorite songs off of Warning. It's a really great song, and it gets stuck in my head very easily. :lol:

I love this song as it says so much about Green Day.

favourite part by far;

"let them eat my flesh down to the wood, it feel's so goooood!"

One of my favs from Warning! :yay: It's a great song, maybe too masochistic but it has this sexy music that makes it so cool, Fuck Yeah 8)

My favorite part is "Say I'm disturbed, is what I deserve, another lesson to be learned... from a girl called kill"

Love it so much!! All full the album!! What telepaty i had listen it this evening in my car going to city to restaurant :))

My personal favorite from Warning, which was a fantastic album despite what critics say.

This song brings me some good memories, it's one of the first GD songs I listened (:

I love this song. One of my favorites off Warning.

I remember first listening to this song when I was fourteen, didn't like it one bit. Now I love this song!

THIS GODDAMN SONG. I LOVE.

Seriously, it's one of my favorites by the band, and it's just so fantastic live. Like in the Tune In, Tokyo... version where the tempo is faster; fuck, I love it.

I'm shocked that this hasn't been song of the week yet. Such an amazing song, and I would really love to hear it live one day.

Oh, I love this song!

My favorite part is "Throw me to the dogs, let them eat my flesh down to the wood, it feels so good". The way Billie sings "...it feels so good". :D

i dont understan cause so much people don't like warning :chumpsss :thumbsdown:

OMG great choice this week! This has to be one of my favorite GD songs ever! The moment I heard it made me fall in love with it. I guess because it has such a dark tone and what not it really lured me in. I remember watching them perform this when they were on MadTV. I also feel like it's such an underrated song. Thanks for making such a great choice!

Anyone know the last time the band even played it live? I feel like there's little hope I'll ever hear it :(

Archived