Rumoured Green Day UK tour 2012/13

cocoepops

a school group could analyse this entire thread for say an anxiety or obsession study!

i kind of didn't think they'd announce anything today as they were getting ready / enjoying Osaka and then sleeping through the rest of UK time. I think they'll travel to the UK tomorrow or Tuesday and the announcement will be made tomorrow, hopefully for tickets to go on sale on Tuesday.

the biggest thing for me is having the time to prepare to buy the tickets, just to have any chance. hope they do a 50 ticket giveaway like they did for Echoplex on the IC to give more people on here a chance

hmmm... it's still sweaty hot where i am and i'm full of nerves about the London show - bye bye sleep!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a school group could analyse this entire thread for say an anxiety or obsession study!

i kind of didn't think they'd announce anything today as they were getting ready / enjoying Osaka and then sleeping through the rest of UK time. I think they'll travel to the UK tomorrow or Tuesday and the announcement will be made tomorrow, hopefully for tickets to go on sale on Tuesday.

the biggest thing for me is having the time to prepare to buy the tickets, just to have any chance. hope they do a 50 ticket giveaway like they did for Echoplex on the IC to give more people on here a chance

hmmm... it's still sweaty hot where i am and i'm full of nerves about the London show - bye bye sleep!

If nothing has been announced by 9/10pm tommorow, I am giving up.

:o

Long time, no see! I swear the last time I saw you was when you posted a review of Wembley...

You probably don't even remember me around GDC at the time! :P

Hey! :D

I've been frequenting Tumblr more than here - needed a bit of a getaway - so to speak, haha.

I'll be seeing you at the show?!

Hey! :D

I've been frequenting Tumblr more than here - needed a bit of a getaway - so to speak, haha.

I'll be seeing you at the show?!

I hope so! It depends whether it clashes with a work night. :P

I havent got a hope in hell in getting time off work for this if tixs on the door. I'm hoping the tixs work like the echoplex, then I could hop on the train to london after work and get the last train home. well that's the plan, no doubt there will be a fuck up down the line.

There's a train at 23.30 from Kings X to Leeds but I bet they wouldn't have finished playing by then.

Then next ones at 5.50 and it's "peak"

I saw there were about 5 new pages on here and thought something had been announced!!

I'm getting so stressed about this now but excited too. If tickets go on sale during the day I'll have to trying getting them whilst I'm at work. If I do get tickets I'll have to leave after work and won't get to London until about 8pm :(

I'll probably end up staying at the station overnight too so it's good to know there will be people to wait with :)

Either way, getting tickets for this is going to be a major pain in the arse, especially if people aren't around when it's actually announced. Mind you, Green Day have been a little bit unpredictable as of late, so what more can we expect from them in terms of announcing this.

In my mind; the announcement would come tomorrow - tickets on sale Tuesday. That's if it's definitely on Thursday.

I hope so! It depends whether it clashes with a work night. :P

Yes Bryony!

There's a train at 23.30 from Kings X to Leeds but I bet they wouldn't have finished playing by then.

Then next ones at 5.50 and it's "peak"

That 5:50 train was the one I was gonna get. If you booked them now its £60 return with a railcard, but if you book it the day before its £105. Fuck.

Id just crash at the train station until then. done it plenty of times for these god damn men :lol:

The last/first train to northampton is @ 12.34am so should be safe.

That 5:50 train was the one I was gonna get. If you booked them now its £60 return with a railcard, but if you book it the day before its £105. Fuck.

Megabus?

Megabus?

This.

I can't afford £105 whichever way you square it. And I don't have a railcard.

Eeep, this is getting more and more unlikely as time goes by.

The day will be announced for reading tomorrow, just been told by someone on the reading crew

This.

I can't afford £105 whichever way you square it. And I don't have a railcard.

Eeep, this is getting more and more unlikely as time goes by.

I got the tab open for it, just give me where from and where to, and times you would prefer to go if you want. Cheapest tickets are the earliest though.

I got the tab open for it, just give me where from and where to, and times you would prefer to go if you want. Cheapest tickets are the earliest though.

Thanks, I just had a look though and it takes too long, normally it'd be fine but I need to try and be away from the festival for as shorter time as possible. Might be a good option for Bryony though? Unless it doesn't fit with work :/

If I get a ticket and the chance to go I'll just pay the extortionate prices, I can work and get more money but I don't get chances like this very often, I'd regret it forever if I didn't go because of a train ticket.

Urgh. I don't fucking care about Reading.

Id rather go to London, but ill take either. Hopefully both will be announced tomorrow

Urgh. I don't fucking care about Reading.

Be easier to start a new thread about the London show?

If it's Sat night; everyone bring ID and we'll go clubbing!

Good plan.

This topic is now for the official tour/discussions thus.

Id rather go to London, but ill take either. Hopefully both will be announced tomorrow

This.

I can't get out of travelling to Reading on the Thursday as would mess my mates plans for travelling there themselves. And having paid £200 per ticket, they wouldn't be best pleased to miss out a night of camping.

Though I will be on a slight downer that I'm not at the more intimate gig. Another day, I hope. I'm just glad they're likely to be at Reading so I'm not completely missing out, even if the main tour is just around the corner! Will just have to drink away that Thursday night, and try not to piss my mates off with my sheer excitement in seeing them this summer after all.

Archived