Rumoured Green Day UK tour 2012/13

cocoepops

Hey, this is just a thread to talk about the chances of a Green Day tour in the uk this autumn, where you think they'll play etc. If no one has seen, it's quite strongly rumoured, especially on Efestivals (one of the admins promises there will be one and it will be announced very soon) so what do you think? :)

P.s I'm new on here, sorry if this has already been done :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think they will play this autumn in the uk but there is nothing confirmed yet. but i think in a few week some shows will be announced.

Thankyou :) The only thing I see holding it back would be that only Uno would have come out

Every time I see one of these threads I expect to enter it and see a list of dates.

Every time I am disappoint...

You just gave me a fricking heart attack!

I thought something had been announced dammit...

Every time I see one of these threads I expect to enter it and see a list of dates.

Every time I am disappoint...

me too...

Sorry I will try to change the name :')

Change it to "Green Day Announce Uk Tour".

I want people to feel my pain!

How do I change it? And no I will not inflict the heart failure on anyone else :') again, apologies! :)

Nah, change it to 'Green Day Tour: What Do You Think?' or 'Where Do You Want Green Day To Play' ;)

Can I have a link to the efestivals page that everyone keeps on about...

How do I change it? And no I will not inflict the heart failure on anyone else :') again, apologies! :)

Go back to your first post. Below it, do you see the little button that says 'edit'? Click on it, change the name and click 'save changes' :)

Nah, change it to 'Green Day Tour: What Do You Think?' or 'Where Do You Want Green Day To Play' ;)

We already have a thread like that...

"Expectations for next GD World Tour"...

Done and dusted. And I know, but this one is just specific to the UK as these are the only rumours I've heard lately. :)

It's not just that thread either, it was quite heavily mentioned in the Reading and Leeds lineup rumours thread

i've been waiting for what feels like ages for a tour to be announced - as has pretty much everybody on here! there's been rumours since February of a UK tour in September '12 - i think some started from people with sources 'they couldn't name', and then Kerrang reported it in March and sent lots of people into hysteria. there was rumoured to be an announcement yesterday but so far nothing.

i'm sure there will be a UK tour this autumn as everyone seems so sure, and i think if there is a delay in announcing it's due to the 3 albums which may have made them change their plans. Even so, the fact that they are in Europe in August including proper gigs in Germany suggests it will happen.

when it does happen i'll be eager to get tickets for London (as it's closest) and depending on how many other places they play, i'll happily go to the likes to Leeds, Manchester, Southampton if that is where they end up.

can't see them playing my home city of Norwich, but we do have a lovely 26k stadium - hint hint if anyone connected to the band is reading this!

You make some great points! Where was this rumour about it happening yesterday? and I think Manchester, Glasgow and maybe Southampton for me. Possibly Cardiff.

I reckon seeing as they luuurrrrvvv the uk so much (and why wouldn’t they?) and they announced the germany shows, they’ll do a couple of shows here to promote the new albums, before coming back (hopefully twice again) as part of a world tour after tre’s release.

Should they do so, I reckon they’ll do wembley/the 02 and somewhere up north, most likely manchester. Hopefully the LCCC again because that show was immense (you only need to listen to know your enemy on AAF to work that out)

Fingers crossed!

Same, I think they will play Manchester, London and Scotland on a pretour definetely, but I heard it was an arena tour? And the LCCC one was amazing :')

It was THE greatest show ever! You can here every time the crowd surged forward in the KYE recording. It was just awesome, and had such a great atmosphere :)

ANYWAY.... For those who can’t be arsed reading the efestivals forum (man, I thought we spammed enough) the brews they have is as follows:

"It's announced soon I think, editor of Kerrang put on twitter that he had exciting Green Day news coming soon."

And from the efestivals official account:

"It'll happen, trust me. Dates in Sept."

"the dates are in September (or, just perhaps, a little later in the Autumn).

That's all I know, but I'm 100% that my info on this is good. I've had info on their arena shows before from the same source and that proved to be true then too.

I'd guess that it won't be too long now before the dates are announced, as I've known this info for quite a while now."

Efestivals are actually really well informed so this looks really likely! Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!

^ the people on efestivals are like "nobody knows nothing and everybody knows everything" :lol:

I know, so happy I went. And there were some other things that he said in another thread. But what was the rumour they get announced tomorrow?

LCCC Manchester :wub: My heart would explode wth joy if this happened, also remember AI Musical's coming in November so they might want to coincide being here for the opening. /maybe

Going off that, I love how someone on the efestivals forum said "Green Day aren't that big."

bitch_please___gif_by_decoded_dreams-d3kuig1.gif

id be surprised if they didn't tour in america first.

Archived