Green Day Dookie "Ernie"

beejeezee

Dude I have 3 or 4 of the cds with ernie! I used to think they were rare but now Im not so sure. I even left a few of them lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys I get it, it's not rare. Just thought I'd help out any Green Day fan who doesn't have it and can't find it.

I thought they said it was because of copyright issues with Sesame Street. Last year I heard there was rumors that they finally bought the right to use the image for future prints (In the US). But that was just rumors I guess lol

I've always found this a bit strange, because here in Australia, I've never seen a copy without Ernie on it. Maybe it was just for certain countries?

I've always found this a bit strange, because here in Australia, I've never seen a copy without Ernie on it. Maybe it was just for certain countries?

Well it was pulled in the US because parents threw a bitch fit cause they didn't want Sesame Street associated with those kinds of lyrics. At the least that was the reason given by the band. The other rumored reason was that it had to do with Sesame Street not letting them use the image altogether without a license. Reasons why it was never pulled in other countries are simple.

1. Parents in the US are too uptight and PC compared to the rest of the world.

2. Copyrights from an American company mean shit in other countries.

Well it was pulled in the US because parents threw a bitch fit cause they didn't want Sesame Street associated with those kinds of lyrics. At the least that was the reason given by the band. The other rumored reason was that it had to do with Sesame Street not letting them use the image altogether without a license. Reasons why it was never pulled in other countries are simple.

1. Parents in the US are too uptight and PC compared to the rest of the world.

2. Copyrights from an American company mean shit in other countries.

True I guess, but it just seems weird seeing people getting all excited about seeing Ernie on the back, when that's all I've ever seen :lol:

Just thinking: Where the fuck did that girl in place of Ernie come from? Cause obviously she was obstructed in the original picture. Who could she be and why did they put her in?

You can still see part of her face in the Ernie version :huh:

Guest Honey Emerald

The real question is... why is Ernie on the back of your Dookie? Was Ernie one of the last things to fall out?

I think I can see why they did not get the rights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the girl in his place.. does it really have to be a person that is represented or can it just be a ficticious character?

• 7 months later...

I have a US copy of what I will call "Sesame Dookie." Got it for three bucks on Amazon.

At one point I had three copies of he album with Ernie on the back...now I have two

I didn't think it was that rare in the US..I've found it so many times at the thrift store and other places.

I've never found a copy with Ernie on the back here... I think my brother used to have a copy with it on the back but he lost it so.

i bought my first dookie cd in ohio and it didn't have the ernie in the back.. i lost the cd :dry: not the case. so i bought it here ( in canada) and all the cds that were on sale had ernie.. I recently checked today and saw that they do sell ernie ones here still

• 2 years later...

My dad has the 9455292 version of dookie, the U.S. version with Ernie on it. Bought in 1994.

I think I have a copy with Ernie crowd surfing and I was lucky enough to buy it in a charity shop for £2.50 a couple of years ago. Yes, a few European copies would have had it as well.

Archived