Green Day to be covered on GLEE

Likearollingstone

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when people use "Good Riddance" to mean "Time of your Life" because it soooooo does not mean that at all. It's a big FUCK YOU! The song is fucking called "Good Riddance" for a reason.

Don't really care for Glee, but i'm sure there's a few people on here that do so i'll choose me words carefully! :P It always seemed to me that Glee is just a massive half hour long product placement, the sole purpose of the show and the reason it exists is to make money off the cd's and downloads they sell. Suppose this will lead to the ol' sellout label being thrown at Green Day again by a fair few people, but who really cares, if you're still a fan after they released a Broadway musical than you can let this slide.

At the end of the day, we're still getting 3 albums in the space of 6 months, they could call for George bush to be re elected and i'd still find it hard to be mad at them. :P

Lol. My HS class used 'Good Riddance' as one of the songs for my graduation 12 years ago. Heh.

I agree with Matt... But the meaning seems to have changed over the years because people keep using it for 'positive' stuff... Hell, the BAND uses it as a send off song now, and I don't think they mean it as a 'fuck you' to the audience... hahaha... Unless that's the big joke...

Why???

Well, let's think positive, it's better that it's Good Riddance (overplayed everywhere anyway) than some other song. I would kill the producer or whoever-responsible, if they'd have chosen a song like Jesus of suburbia... and made a terrible short version of it..

lol at the reactions in this thread, so over the top.

If you don't like it, don't watch it! Simple.

I don't see it as a real bad thing. Worse comes to worse, they have Lea Michele do some god-awful runs that don't fit the song, but the way I see it, they'll most likely use the Tom Kitt arrangement from the American Idiot musical (y'know, the version they did after the curtain call?). I thought THAT version was beautiful, so hopefully they do that.

lol at the reactions in this thread, so over the top.

If you don't like it, don't watch it! Simple.

Now that wouldn't make for an entertaining thread, would it?

tumblr_m2cmbspqUF1qmlscko1_500.gif

(ha but in all seriousness I'm glad they chose that song rather than like AI... that would have been unfortunate)

Don't really care for Glee, but i'm sure there's a few people on here that do so i'll choose me words carefully! :P It always seemed to me that Glee is just a massive half hour long product placement, the sole purpose of the show and the reason it exists is to make money off the cd's and downloads they sell. Suppose this will lead to the ol' sellout label being thrown at Green Day again by a fair few people, but who really cares, if you're still a fan after they released a Broadway musical than you can let this slide.

At the end of the day, we're still getting 3 albums in the space of 6 months, they could call for George bush to be re elected and i'd still find it hard to be mad at them. :P

It's an hour long.

And I actually like Glee. Though I hate that it is this song. They just put out a Broadway fucking musical, and Glee is doing their song from 1997...:mad:

Now that wouldn't make for an entertaining thread, would it?

And a bunch of animated gifs and people saying 'no' is any better? I just don't get why people get so worked up over this sort of stuff. Like, it seems as if people get embarrassed about it, like, what will people think if my favourite band do this? Like what other people think actually matters.

Archived