The Trilogy Albums: ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!

Liam

22 in binary. Okay. Sounds cool as fuck. Yup.

But...Budweiser is shit.

I wish Billie would wear a Yeungling shirt. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But...Budweiser is shit.

Budweiser is my favorite...

But I think living near St. Louis I'm required to like it. :P

the hand sign thing is also "the stunner" which has the tag line "two for the pink, one for the stink" and yeah, maybe iTre! will be the "dirty" album then lol

This is it here:

nme_120906_1.jpg

Edit: Shit, just read your post properly, and you wanted the text to the press releases :lol: Oh well

That's precisely the article I was referring to! Seems like the germseed of this idea planted itself when they were writing for 21CB. It'd be really interesting if they separate each of the new albums by genre...maybe a full-on 90s-esque punk Green Day album, a more FBHT-esque "party" album, and maybe more modern GD/"experimental" stuff for the third. I really, really hope some of the weird Sandinsita!-esque experiments they've worked on see the light of day!

And again, if anyone has those current press releases on them, I'd love to see the text.

That's precisely the article I was referring to! Seems like the germseed of this idea planted itself when they were just writing for 21CB. It'd be really interesting if they separate each of the new albums by genre...maybe a full-on 90s-esque punk Green Day album, a more FBHT-esque "party" album, and maybe more modern GD/"experimental" stuff for the third. I really, really hope some of the weird Sandinsita!-esque experiments they've worked on see the light of day!

And again, if anyone has those current press releases on them, I'd love to see the text.

This is the only press release that I've seen so far:

GREEN DAY IN THE STUDIO RECORDING THREE ALBUMS – A TRILOGY ENTITLED ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, AND ¡TRÉ!

ALBUMS TO BE RELEASED FROM

SEPTEMBER 2012 TO JANUARY 2013

LOS ANGELES, CA – April 11, 2012 – Green Day is currently in the studio recording three albums – a trilogy entitled ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré! – that will be released by Reprise Records on Tuesday, September 25th 2012; Tuesday, November 13th 2012 and Tuesday, January 15th 2013 respectively. The albums are the follow-up to the Grammy®Award-winning 21st Century Breakdown, and are being produced by the band’s long-time producer Rob Cavallo. ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré! are being recorded in their hometown of Oakland, CA.

“We are at the most prolific and creative time in our lives. This is the best music we've ever written, and the songs just keep coming,” said the members of Green Day. “Instead of making one album, we are making a three album trilogy. Every song has the power and energy that represents Green Day on all emotional levels. We just can't help ourselves... We are going epic as fuck!"

Green Day is scheduled to play several music festivals this summer. Confirmed dates are listed below with more to be added.

AUGUST

18TH Tokyo, Japan Summer Sonic 2012

19th Osaka, Japan Summer Sonic 2012

26th Paris, France Rock en Seine 2012

SEPTEMBER

1st Konstanz, Germany Rock am See 2012

2nd Bologna, Italy I-Day Festival

This is the only press release that I've seen so far:

Thats from Channel [V]'s website. There's an actual press release on the Idiot Club from the band talking about the album

I personally feel like Billie Joe is fucking with us. I'll believe this when I have a little more solid info. Anyways I'm back to Record Label Operations homework. Thought I'd through my two cents in

hmmm maybe, but we have release dates, how much more do you need? then album(S!!) in your hands?

Thats from Channel [V]'s website. There's an actual press release on the Idiot Club from the band talking about the album

I copied that one from greenday.com. I don't know what the Idiot Club one is all about.

I wonder if we'll get a new Tre song on the third album. It would only make a bit of sense.

Budweiser is my favorite...

But I think living near St. Louis I'm required to like it. :P

I'm so, so sorry.

the hand sign thing is also "the stunner" which has the tag line "two for the pink, one for the stink"

It's called the shocker.

Holy shit, Green Day has out done themselves once again. I wasn't expecting the triple album at all, but this is just awesome :D The guys sure know how to keep their fans happy.

loved the math on the video: 9 albuns + Uno, Dos, Tré= eleven. :P

edit: 8 albuns, not 9. I'm stupid.

I'm curious as to how long the albums will be - like, are we getting 10-12 song albums or 7 tracks each time?

I'm curious as to how long the albums will be - like, are we getting 10-12 song albums or 7 tracks each time?

I would expect no less than 12 tracks on any given album. I think Green Day wouldn't be doing this if they could just as easily put out one album and put 3 bonus tracks out, ya know?

Well since it's official, I better start job hunting.

MTE. My little part-time job isn't going to pay for these albums + eventually tour dates itself, especially if I need to help out my family! :lol:

MTE. My little part-time job isn't going to pay for these albums + eventually tour dates itself, especially if I need to help out my family! :lol:

Wouldn't it be cool if Green Day, knowing that they are going to put out three albums, put them out at a really low price...like $5 each?

Yeah, I was also wondering if they would go the Robyn route ... flawless small amounts of songs, but the more the merrier!

Pause. Just for confirmation because I'm sensing some confusing... the hand symbol on the previous page is a FAN creation, right? NOT produced by Green Day?

Wouldn't it be cool if Green Day, knowing that they are going to put out three albums, put them out at a really low price...like $5 each?

That would be great! But I doubt it...

I've had a bad day today-- or really yesturday because its 12:35am here but all this news really helps lift my spirits. I have never been to a Green Day concert before, and they are my heroes, so no one understands my excitment towards all this. Hopefully there will be a tour in 2013 and I will have the time of my life :happy:

Pause. Just for confirmation because I'm sensing some confusing... the hand symbol on the previous page is a FAN creation, right? NOT produced by Green Day?

Fan made.

Yeah it's just fan made. :P

Archived