Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Communism: Yay or Nay?

Debate

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

John.

John.
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,887 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 6,798 rep

So instead of Jews he moved onto the Kulaks? So much better...

Is there ever a basis for discriminating on race, religion, sex, sexuality, nationality, language? No. Should "class" be included in that list? No, this is war. The class war existed in Soviet Russia in the 1910's and it continues now everywhere in its own form. That is what separates people. Racism and similar doctrines are a means by which the ruling class preserve their power, by keeping us fighting each other so we forget that there is no "middle" class when one group has twice has much as the other but the next has thousands times more than both.

So yes, objectively, it is better. Also, the Bolsheviks reclaimed the peoples land only imprisoning or executing those who resisted, which once again, makes them no different than anyone fighting a war at any point in history. The mass murder occurred under STALIN.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Channelling Her

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,154 rep

Is there ever a basis for discriminating on race, religion, sex, sexuality, nationality, language? No. Should "class" be included in that list? No, this is war. The class war existed in Soviet Russia in the 1910's and it continues now everywhere in its own form. That is what separates people. Racism and similar doctrines are a means by which the ruling class preserve their power, by keeping us fighting each other so we forget that there is no "middle" class when one group has twice has much as the other but the next has thousands times more than both.

So yes, objectively, it is better. Also, the Bolsheviks reclaimed the peoples land only imprisoning or executing those who resisted, which once again, makes them no different than anyone fighting a war at any point in history. The mass murder occurred under STALIN.

No it didn't. It genuinely didn't. By the figures in the several russian history books I have currently scattered on my desks.... 'mass murder' also occurred in the period 1918-1924.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users