Billie Joe's surf van for sale

desertrose

you'd only need 30 grand, remember exchange rates ;) and i heard that there was the idea to make 1 currency between nz and aus,

Now Riley this is where you are wrong. We need 40 grand, the car costs 40 *coughroughly35cough*. I then have 5 grand for my rent next year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is a nice car. Would make a great touring-van for fans to get around to the concerts in Europe this summer!

I wonder if it's true that Billie has 100 cars though. Seems a bit exaggerated.

This is brilliant I really hope the guys have got 100s of cars that have filled their warehouse! What's the point being a rockstar if you don't live like one?

i'm just thinking that if they really do have that many cars, and might be in the UK this Autumn, then Billie Joe for the celebrity on Top Gear? would be funny

uhm...100 cars seems a bit too much...did the person who wrote it probably want to write 10 and added the second 0 by accident? :P ...or did it on purpose, just cause :lol:

anyways...i wanna have that car :shok: ..but i don't have so much money :cry: ...and i don't even have my driver licence yet :lol:

i'm just thinking that if they really do have that many cars, and might be in the UK this Autumn, then Billie Joe for the celebrity on Top Gear? would be funny

THAT BE AWESOME!

THIS.

Man, owning this van to follow them round on tour with would be the coolest thing ever. Why can't I win the lottery already?

Too bad it's in New Zealand, I'd love to go take a look!

And go for a test drive. :)

Is it just me or is that a really low price for a completely restored 50 year-old van?

I was also thinking that it's fairly cheap for a van like that.

I wonder if that "money is no object and they buy all these cars" thing is completely true or has been embellished like the media love to do? Great if that's what they enjoy doing but I kind of respected them for not being like that :lol: oh well. It would be pretty awesome to have it as a bus to go see Green Day in :P

Yeah, it does seem quite cheap for what it is.

And yet I have only ever seen him (Billie) drive a pick up truck :lol:

I wonder if that "money is no object and they buy all these cars" thing is completely true or has been embellished like the media love to do? Great if that's what they enjoy doing but I kind of respected them for not being like that :lol: oh well. It would be pretty awesome to have it as a bus to go see Green Day in :P

To me they always looked like the type of people who don't piss away their money, even though they can afford to.

To me they always looked like the type of people who don't piss away their money, even though they can afford to.

Yeah, that's what I always thought too.

Yeah, that's what I always thought too.

Same, was kind of surprised when I saw that part, I mean no one has ever really mentioned them spending so much on cars before, but I suppose, how would we know... Still though... :ermm:

This is brilliant I really hope the guys have got 100s of cars that have filled their warehouse! What's the point being a rockstar if you don't live like one?

You're being ironic, right?

Cause there are a billion better things to spend your money on.

Holy dookie, why so many cars? I could see having a few, but unless it had sentimental history behind it, I couldn't see owning cars I would never drive. If I stopped driving it, I'd sell it (or donate it).

That car is pretty cool looking, though. Looks like something I'd wanna drive. I don't have the money for it, though, lol.

My thought exactly. And it implied Mike and Tre do too.

Boys and their toys!

Yeah, that was more the impression I got: That it was a shared collection.

However, I also agree with those who've said something seems a bit off in this article. How would some person in NZ who bought a van from Billie 3 years ago know their personal buying/usage habits?

I remember reading some old quote from 1994 where Billie says he doesn't need money and it's not like he's gonna buy cars or anything.

Ah well. It's nice to piss money.

I do kind of hope he doesn't buy a new car every month though... and that the 100 cars are Green Day's combined collection.

Funnily enough, I remember a quote from Billie's mother where she said the first thing Billie did after getting his first big Green day check was to buy *her* a brand new car :lol:

And he has bought her others since, so I'm sure he's bought others for himself, as well--van included--but I do think the accuracy of this information is dubious, at best. At the very least, Billie definitely seems like he would try to make use of the hundreds of cars, rather than letting them sit around in a warehouse somewhere. We know he must've used the van, at least. It reminds me of when Gibson was asking him about his guitar collection, and Billie said something like "Of course I play them. They're not baseball cards".

You're being ironic, right?

Cause there are a billion better things to spend your money on.

Well 100 may be a few too many... but if I was a rock star I would definately have a lot of cars (maybe about 10). But there are many better things to spend your money on I agree.

Honestly I think people are reading waaaay too much into the 100 cars thing that some random guy who is having trouble selling this van said. I'm sure the guys all own plenty of cars - people collect cars for many reasons and they have the money to do it and enjoy it. Clearly they also get rid of them, and 100 cars is probably not true. Who even cares, it's their money!

Owning a hundred cars does sound a bit too much. But then again Billie does have the money for it so he could do whatever the fuck he wants.

Pretty cool van by the way.Made me think of Riding in the Van with the Boys. :lol:

Archived