Voting for Best Song: B-Sides

Liam

Voting for B-Sides/Covers  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After having American Eulogy win its place in our search for the (second) best Green Day song for 21st Century Breakdown, that leaves us down to our final voting of albums before moving onto song vs song.

This week will not be an actual album, but rather the B-sides and covers that have been released since the American Idiot era onwards. I have a feeling this week is going to be a very close call between some songs so get voting!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Quick One While He's Away is not only an homage to a great rock n' roll band, but it showcases the bands versatilty. ...and it's wacky as all hell.

Had to go with Too Much Too Soon :) Great song, but nowhere near as good as most of the songs that made it on to the actual albums.

I had to go with Cigarettes and Valentines because I was at the Denver show. I was originally going to go to the show in Dallas a few days before but I had to make it a weekend trip because of school and Green Day's appearance at the Grammy's messed up the touring schedule so to Denver it was. I had already been to two concerts in 2009 but this one was the first where I was a true fan, knowing a lot of the old catalog, keeping up with GDC regularly, and knowing the band's history. After they were done with Geek Stink Breath, I heard Billie say "Hey, I just wanna tell you something right now; we are recording a live fucking album right now! So check it out, we're gonna play a brand new song." *cue his mischievous look* At this point I yelled out "Stay the Night!" because it had already debuted informally courtesy of the interwebs and I was excited to look like a bad-ass uber fan for knowing all the words to a song that hadn't even been released yet. "But it ain't that brand new this song's called Cigarettes and Valentines!"

I nearly shit my pants.

Ever since then I have felt like I was a part of Green Day history and this song has represented my place in Green Day fandom and it means so much to me that it earns my vote over also favorites like Favorite Son and The Saints are Coming. That, and it's a kick-ass song. "I don't wanna go back home, I don't wanna kiss good night!"

bet c&v is going to win :lol: i voted for favourite son, cause it's a cool song

Went with Cigs and Vals. It does sound pretty good. It wad either that or When It's Time.

i like pretty much Too Much Too Soon, Cigarettes & Valentines and the Ballad of Wilhelm Fink and Hearts Collide too. :wub: But my vote goes to Like a Rolling Stone - genious cover of Bob Dylan! I think that is the case when the cover is better than the original.

A Quick One While He's Away is not only an homage to a great rock n' roll band, but it showcases the bands versatilty. ...and it's wacky as all hell.

Perfect assessment. It's a great cover because it's not an outright copy of the original, nor is it completely changing its original sound. Love it.

Ooh this is the most interesting to choose from, such a mix of songs! I'm torn between A Quick One and Working Class Hero at the moment, both mindblowingly good covers.

Edit: Aww C&V isn't my least favourite of these songs but it's pretty close to the bottom of the list, as is When It's Time. I'm not going to be happy with the result of this :P

This is very tough cause I love all of them so much and I've been obsessed with each of them atleast once (excepting The Simpsons Theme :lol: ). I went with Favourite Son cause I'm obsessed with it at the moment and it's a really catchy song! 'Now where's your fucking champion?' is a part that always gets me high. I would loved to vote for A Quick One While He's Away, Working Class Hero, When It's Time, Cigarettes and Valentins and I Fought The Law :lol:

Tough choice...I voted for Another state of mind since Social Distortion is my second favourite band!

I expected A Quick One to have more votes. Well, one of them is mine anyway :lol: Love that cover.

Ballad of Wilhelm Fink. I swear it's the only song I know all the lyrics to.

*Look at list and realize that I haven't heard all of these songs*

35v5zi.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah THIS IS SUCH A HARD DECISION BECAUSE I LOVE ALL THE SONGS.

i went with favorite son.

iknow and dead kennedys , but green day want do it more like clash

Ahh right, in that case I agree! Definitely sounds like they were inspired by The Clash version.

Archived