Voting for Best Song: American Idiot

Hermione

Voting for American Idiot  

256 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i vote hiliday coz with that sing learn gren day

Use the default font, colour and size. The writing in your posts should look like "this" not like "this". Also that picture has nothing to do with this topic. Only post things that have something to do with the topic of the thread please.

You should read the forum guidelines:

http://www.greendayc...tion=boardrules

Should help you get a feel for the rules and how things work :)

Yay!! Finally voting for my favourite album of all time!!

I didn't really care that JOS wasn't on the list because Boulevard of Broken Dreams is my favourite song ever anyway. :wub:

I voted for "Wake Me Up When September Ends" because the emotion of that song always moves me. Then I deleted my vote because I can't believe I'm not voting for Letterbomb or Holiday, or Boulevard, or...so I'll listen to it repeatedly and try again later this week! Voting is tough but I like doing "research". :)

I don't, but I do "hear" the harmonies from the musical in my head when I listen to a number of the original Green Day songs.

Yes, me too!! It didn't effect my voting at all, but I will probably never hear She's a Rebel without Tony Vincent's harmony in my head ever again. :)

I was surprised, too, at how little votes St. Jimmy has.

I love every single song on AI, so that was really difficult. I ended up voting for Letterbomb, but this was probably only due to the fact that I love the live version on AFF so much. :lol:

Hmm I know the Letterbomb one is popular, but Letterbomb was super popular already so I don't think it makes much difference. Could be having an effect on Homecoming though, it's always been my favourite but I didn't think it was very popular. But then again that might just be because of JOS being removed. Also I would've thought if the musical was having an effect it would've helped St Jimmy do better, very surprised at how few votes that has.

I've only listened to most of the musical songs once or twice though so I can't really judge :lol:. Do most people listen to them regularly?

I don't listen to the cast album as often as American Idiot but I do listen to it regularly. Before I saw the musical I didn't even like it - someone else singing Green Day songs felt too weird. But seeing the musical changed my mind and definitely made me appreciate some of the songs even more, especially Letterbomb, Whatsername and Homecoming.

I don't listen to the cast album as often as American Idiot but I do listen to it regularly. Before I saw the musical I didn't even like it - someone else singing Green Day songs felt too weird. But seeing the musical changed my mind and definitely made me appreciate some of the songs even more, especially Letterbomb, Whatsername and Homecoming.

I haven't seen the musical, but I gave the cd a few goes. Can't say I'm a fan. The show itself is probably awesome, but the songs alone just sounds like glorified fan-covers :P

Edit: *norwayfive*

So difficult to chose between Letterbomb and Homecoming. Although after listening to the AAF version of Letterbomb it's no competition.

Letterbomb it is :wub:

I vote holiday, because with that song I learned about Green Day.

:thumbsup:

oh boy american idiot... st. jimmy, because i feel its the turning point for the character.

This and 21stCB are the hardest for me, but specially this one because it's my favourite, but leaving out JOS I'm between Letterbomb and Homecoming. Going for Letterbomb for the moment.

This one wasn't super hard for me. I voted for "Holiday", which is the same song I voted for over JOS in the last poll. Every single song on the American Idiot album is special to me for different reasons. I chose "Holiday" because it is the perfect combination of everything I love about music. The fast and loud rock and emotions of the music, and the lyrics so completely convey my own defiance and cynicism at that time of the early Bush years and the war in Iraq and the crackdown on dissent in America and the media propaganda, and especially the absurdity and embarrassment of "freedom fries" in retaliation against France's lack of willingness to participate in Bush's hard-on for Iraq.

"Holiday" just explodes with every ounce of condemnation and ridicule all the "outlaws" among us could muster that the media wasn't allowing us to voice. With the exception of the song "American Idiot" itself, "Holiday" just took it to a whole new level and set the tone for the entire album.

On top of that, "Holiday" brings up such a beautiful memory for me of a moment in the car with my daughter. Up until that song, she absolutely refused to listen to Green Day solely because I loved the music so much. Teenage rebellion in all its glory. And then one day we were driving in the car and "Holiday" came on the radio. I turned the music up while she pretended to ignore it. But when it got to the part of "Just 'cause. Just 'cause. Just 'cause we're outlaws yeah!" she couldn't hold it in any longer and started singing to it with me, and then we sang the rest of the song together. Even she admitted it was a kick-ass song. Victory. :D

If not for "Holiday" and "JOS," I would have struggled to decide between "Letterbomb" "Are We The Waiting" and "American Idiot," with "Give Me Novacaine" pulling up the rear.

this one was the hardest because on this album EVERY SONG IS FUCKIN GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

but i went with Boulevard of broken dreams because this song brought me into green day and it will be my fav song forever :wub:

Ohhhh noo, I don't know! it's my the hardest decision ! but after a very loooong thoughs I voted for Holiday :cool:, cuz this is a first song, which is from first Green Day's album, which I heard! :dance: but if I could choose more songs this would be: Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Extraordinary Girl :wub:

I've got a question... where is JOS ?! :sorry:

I've got a question... where is JOS ?! :sorry:

It says in the first post why it's not there.

It says in the first post why it's not there.

ohh yes, I did not notice. thanks ;)

so pleased Whatsername has so many votes, one of my favourites. Will be happy whatever wins this one, i've said already BOBD is my out-and-out favourite but almost every song on the album is brilliant.

Why doesn't St. Jimmy have more votes? :angry

This was the one I was looking forward to because for me it is a straight forward choice. St. Jimmy has been my favourite since I heard the full album. She's a Rebel and Homecoming were also up there, but St. Jimmy is by far the best. Made better by St. Billie.

First I was like: I just can't choose, it's impossible. :lol: But then I went with Homecoming.

Archived