Voting for Best Song: American Idiot

Hermione

Voting for American Idiot  

256 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for another round of voting for the (second) best Green Day song ever. Last week J.A.R. stormed into victory with an astronomical 90 votes, leaving Poprocks And Coke in it's dust with 43 votes and Ha Ha You're Dead limply flying the flag for Shenanigans with 33.

This week we're voting for the songs on American Idiot, minus Jesus Of Suburbia since that was already voted the best Green Day song the first time and we're looking for the second best. Still lots of other splendid songs to choose from so get listening and get voting!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letterbomb. Thats it, close the poll right now. No arguments needed :P

Letterbomb. Thats it, close the poll right now. No arguments needed :P

Lol I think you might be correct. I'll be voting for the wonderful Homecoming though :wub:

This one's gonna be tough because so many songs of AI have so many meanings/feelings attached to them. I'll probably pick one, but know in my heart that that's tied with about eleven others! :P

Lol I think you might be correct. I'll be voting for the wonderful Homecoming though :wub:

Its such a damn hard album to choose from though. So many epic songs. I just assume that without JOS, Letterbomb would be a shoe in. Obviously my personal opinion is so far not shared with the voting public :P

This will be the hardest decision, I love each one of the songs from this record and I mean it. So for a special reason, I vote Holiday :)

Sorry Whatsername and Extraordinary Girl

:( I can only vote once

EDIT: I was about to say "where's JOS?!?" but then I remebered :P

Voted for Whatsername.

For me today, some of the lyrics just spell out how I feel about past relationships. I've had some hard endings, and this is the song I put on full blast when I'm sad.

I remember after getting VERY hooked on the AI storyline, I read the lyrics in the booklet from front to end whilst listening to the cd, and I teared up like a baby when Billie sang "Forgetting you but not the time". Considering tattooing it somewhere.

I'm gonna listen to it right now.<3

In the end I went for Are We The Waiting because that song gives me shivers, is the only song whose lyrics I have seriously considered getting tattooed, and every time I hear those opening lines it takes me back to an adrenaline-filled, emotionally-rushed, incredibly epic Wembley Stadium show.

The other ones I would've voted for:

Holiday, Whatsername, St Jimmy, Homecoming and Letterbomb!

So torn between Letterbomb, but also St. Jimmy. There's too much to each song for me to make a clear and decisive vote yet :S

Its such a damn hard album to choose from though. So many epic songs. I just assume that without JOS, Letterbomb would be a shoe in. Obviously my personal opinion is so far not shared with the voting public :P

Very true! And I think so too, I think it has a good chance of winning the whole thing. Would've been my second choice if I wasn't voting for Homecoming.

Voted for Blvd of Broken Dreams. Always been my favoite. Homecoming is a close second.

Wake me up When September Ends. I might change it.

This one is hard. But it has to be Letterbomb, Whatsername, Homecoming or Are We The Waiting.

Ugh, I'm so lucky I've been thinking about this one for a while or I'd have shat myself trying to decide. I ultimately went with Whatsername because it has this mysterious, reflective, post-script quality to it. I mean, Homecoming was more than enough for an album closer...coulda left Whatsername off the album entirely, but no, there it is in all its reflective and quiet glory, staring back at you without saying anything. Whatsername just IS, and that's why I dare not underestimate it.

Fuck this is hard. every song on the album has meaning to me and whenever I listen to it I always listen straight through, I'm torn between JOS, Holiday, St. Jimmy, Letterbomb and homecoming. then there's Novacaine...

This was a hard decision, I went with Letterbomb. I was torn between that, She's a Rebel, Extraordinary Girl and Whatsername though...

Had to vote for BOBD. It's the song (and video) that brought be back to Green Day and all of their older music.

Since i think letterbomb is gonna win this I voted for whatsername!I love that song.

It`s going to be impossible to decide on which song to vote for....................................................... :cry::mad:

Oh god, this was even harder than choosing a song off of Dookie.

Seeing the musical just made me even more attached to the songs than I originally was. I went with American Idiot, but I think I might end up changing it to Holiday or Letterbomb... :wacko:

Archived