Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
There are only just hours left to vote for your favorite in the Karaoke Contest!

Photo

Things that never made sense to you?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3221 replies to this topic

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,927 rep
How do I not know these things? I'm not sure that it quite makes sense to me how my head is full of so much useless knowledge but I don't even know these facts about my own country. :P

Spoiler

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,136 rep

I thought it was the other way around, but then I'm judging by an old Doctor Who episode.

I'm sure it's flag on land, jack at sea, or at least that's what my cousin (who's in the navy) told me... But I'm very gullible...

How do I not know these things? I'm not sure that it quite makes sense to me how my head is full of so much useless knowledge but I don't even know these facts about my own country. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Spoiler

:lol: Isn't it just typical how you know stuff that will come to no use in life but you don't know important stuff... (been there almost every day...)

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée/Savior of Lives/Arse Doctor

• 16,195 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,171 rep
How people give as much of a fuck if Ireland and the UK are the same island and all that stuff. I tried to read some of the posts, it didn't make sense. I don't get offended if someone call's Norway for Scandinavia..

WhatserKinx

WhatserKinx
  • THE GAME IS BACK ON

• 8,248 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 3,136 rep

How people give as much of a fuck if Ireland and the UK are the same island and all that stuff. I tried to read some of the posts, it didn't make sense. I don't get offended if someone call's Norway for Scandinavia..

It's not about being offended, somebody asked the question so we elaborated on it

xBasKetxCaSex

xBasKetxCaSex
  • Best Thing In Town

• 9,202 posts
  • Joined Apr 22, 2005
  • 160 rep

Yes that is fascinating isn't it. Though really, it kind of raises the point of why anyone buys a Mac ever. PC's are far more apt for gaming, they are compatible with most programs in general, they come in every possible variety. And the worst thing they push on you is Internet Explorer and Norton.

The only excuse I ever heard from Mac users is "Well Macs don't get viruses." To which I have two things to say to them:
- Wait a few years, the more and more people who use Macs, the more incentive there will be to create viruses designed specifically for Macs.
- Rather than pay at least a thousand dollars more to avoid viruses (as $1000 will get you a premium PC and $2000 will get you an average Mac), why not just pay $50 a year for an elite anti-virus program like Kaspersky? If you have the money, you can equally put it to that use.

Apple products are brilliantly designed to promote the purchase of other Apple products, and excludes much choice in the matter. Android Phones FTW, PC's FTW. If consumers actually looked past brand they'd find Apple is pretty shit and is basically an extortion racket that tries to squeeze as much money out of you as possible.

Exactly. I really can't stand iSnobs who try to rationalize like that. Like, Or you can just, NOT be an idiot about what you download? yeah, that works for me. The only problem I've ever had with my PCs is when my mom downloads attachments from chain emails :dry: but .. We've set ground rules for when she uses my computer. lol. And it's easy as shit to clean it up when you do get a virus.... if you've got have a brain for technology that is. And they're compatible with every other damn piece of technology you want to connect to it. Cameras, phones, projectors... ever tried to connect a mac to a projector? too many hoops to step through. PC, plug it in on both sides. Done.

The ONLY excuse for buying a mac is media production. It is better, not by a ton, but you really can't deny it... Mostly because Photoshop and movie editing software is catered to it.

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Droggelbecher <3

• 6,294 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 2,006 rep
the discrimination of the ´ in tré cools name. often it´s written tre. i think it´s on every keyboard.

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • Phosphorus Iridium Astatine Einsteinium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,931 rep

the discrimination of the ´ in tré cools name. often it´s written tre. i think it´s on every keyboard.

Maybe it is, in some weird keyboard shortcut, but I have no idea. And I'm sure he doesn't mind that much.

MrsBillieJoe95

MrsBillieJoe95
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 302 rep

It's Scotland attached to England :P
idk. people are picky xD

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

• No, this is Patrick

• 30,903 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,760 rep

That's because his name is Tre, not Tré.

http://larrylivermor...tion-point.html
"they also let slide another Wikipedia-perpetrated error, the misspelling of Tre Cool's name as Tré", about half way down.
  • It's Splash Time likes this

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time

• 4,555 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,931 rep

"they also let slide another Wikipedia-perpetrated error, the misspelling of Tre Cool's name as Tré", about half way down.

That's good to klnow, means it's easier to write. :P

oda

oda
  • bitch tits

• 4,053 posts
  • Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • 1,410 rep

Scandinavia isn't a union though.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 16,195 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,171 rep

Scandinavia isn't a union though.

Nope, but it's a group of countries, just like Britain.

Black Dynamite

Black Dynamite
  • STOP WHEN THE RED LIGHT flashES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • Joined Apr 06, 2011
  • 3,333 rep

Ireland isn't on the same island as Britain though, it's totally separate. :P No one gets offended by that, it's more the fact that people think Ireland is a part of the UK. I can see why people get offended, a lot of people died in the fight for independence for our country, and there's still a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths against the English because of that. I could care less though, t'is in the past. I find it weird that people here still have this animosity towards the English when 90% of them weren't even alive back when it happened.
  • Rosie May likes this

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Droggelbecher <3

• 6,294 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 2,006 rep

but in the warining and AI booklet it´s written tré and not tre

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time

• 4,555 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,931 rep

Nope, but it's a group of countries, just like Britain.

But so many people see Britain as a country, instead of a group of countries...

Maybe it just annoys me because of how long the Scottish Wars of Independence went on for, and they got fuck all out of it. Except hours of History learning about the battles etc.

Advertising

• No, this is Patrick

• 30,903 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008
  • 3,760 rep

but in the warining and AI booklet it´s written tré and not tre

Then I guess it doesn't matter at all whether you write it with or without an acute accent. I still prefer Tre though :P

I could care less though, t'is in the past. I find it weird that people here still have this animosity towards the English when 90% of them weren't even alive back when it happened.

This! Quite a few people here still have this (mock-) hostility towards Germans. When it's old people who lived during the war, I completely understand, but for example my sister does it too.
It annoys me, even when it's just as a joke.

though I guess that belongs more in the pet peeves thread than here.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 16,195 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,171 rep

Ireland isn't on the same island as Britain though, it's totally separate. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... No one gets offended by that, it's more the fact that people think Ireland is a part of the UK. I can see why people get offended, a lot of people died in the fight for independence for our country, and there's still a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths against the English because of that. I could care less though, t'is in the past. I find it weird that people here still have this animosity towards the English when 90% of them weren't even alive back when it happened.

You do know that this is the thing I DON'T give a fuck about, right? xD
If I book a trip to Ireland, I'm still gonna tell friends and family I'm going to Britain.

Black Dynamite

Black Dynamite
  • STOP WHEN THE RED LIGHT flashES

• 3,239 posts
  • Joined Apr 06, 2011
  • 3,333 rep

You do know that this is the thing I DON'T give a fuck about, right? xD
If I book a trip to Ireland, I'm still gonna tell friends and family I'm going to Britain.

I know, I was just making sure you knew in case it ever comes up in a quiz.
  • Sarcasm likes this

dumb shiny bitch

dumb shiny bitch
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,266 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2010
  • 1,397 rep

You would be giving them very false information then :P
  • Rosie May and It's Splash Time like this

Sarcasm

Sarcasm

• 16,195 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 10,171 rep

You would be giving them very false information then http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

They don't care either, we're not from there xD

Artificial Idiot

Artificial Idiot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined Aug 15, 2011
  • 489 rep
American Idol =/
  • beejeezee likes this

darenmay

darenmay
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Joined Sep 28, 2008
  • 245 rep
Why Kenshin Himura had to suffer and die in the end? He has atoned himself, he didn't deserve such ending.

Drop Dead Hideous

Drop Dead Hideous
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Joined Sep 03, 2010
  • 525 rep

Why Kenshin Himura had to suffer and die in the end? He has atoned himself, he didn't deserve such ending.

he died??? :cry:

darenmay

darenmay
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Joined Sep 28, 2008
  • 245 rep

he died??? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

he did. :( it was a sad ending.

MrsBillieJoe95

MrsBillieJoe95
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 302 rep
Why my dad complains that I never do anything when he doesn't do anything either :angry he tells us that we never pick up our crap but yet he leaves a LOT more crap on the tables and everywhere else than we do

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,092 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,944 rep
Why the veggies and vegans get a thread about eating their rabbit food but us meat eaters don't have a meat eating thread to talk about eating and cooking meat. I'd like that. Nom.
  • MrsBillieJoe95 and Reagan like this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,700 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,808 rep

Why the veggies and vegans get a thread about eating their rabbit food but us meat eaters don't have a meat eating thread to talk about eating and cooking meat. I'd like that. Nom.

Who said you can't start one? :P

I don't understand what game karma is playing with me regarding my living situations the past 2 years. Last year it was the witch of a landlord and this year its my housemate. What will September throw at me I wonder?

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time

• 4,555 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,931 rep

Who said you can't start one? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I don't understand what game karma is playing with me regarding my living situations the past 2 years. Last year it was the witch of a landlord and this year its my housemate. What will September throw at me I wonder?

A Green Day album.
  • MrsBillieJoe95 likes this

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,092 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,944 rep

Who said you can't start one? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

True that.

Mods? *big eyes* :)

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time

• 4,555 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,931 rep
But we do have SPAM threads. That's meat. Sort of.
  • Elena and Reagan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users