Green Day vs. Tokio Hotel - March Madness 12.

Satan

Hey guys, just found out about the bad news.

Its sucks, but I think it was more about the fun we had than winning anyway.

So before this gets closed, I would like to thank you all for the INCREDIBLE time i had in this thread. I'd been looking forward to MMM since the end of last years game and it was totally worth it. I had a blast!

Sure, we didn't win, but hey, we were in it the whole time! Also, this is our first loss in 2 years!! I think it's good to lose sometimes and we've been pretty gracious (and hilarious) about it.

To the people in this thread: I love you all, and I hope to see you in the poll veterans club soon :)

(speaking of which, I think it's time we get new banners)

Green Day will be doing a ton of shit before MMM2013, so I'm sure we can win it next year!

Thank you all again

- Rymn :wub:

that would just be so hilarious, they should make the biggest entance ever and the mtv people would be like "why are you here" and billie would say "someone told me there was a trophy with my name on it, i'm here to pick it up" :lol:

m

haha that would be so him! Though i doubt he gives a crap about an mtv award and iv seen him make fun of TH in the past so they of all people know how ridiculous this vote/poll is so we really shouldn't care. And hell its been fun! Iv had updates sent to my phone all day even though i couldnt post!

love-me-tender-by-Millah_thumb.jpg&w=240&h=200&ei=GMB8T5naGuLm0QHl8MyMDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1520&vpy=342&dur=5131&hovh=160&hovw=192&tx=69&ty=125&sig=116499145630959320699&page=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=192&start=0&ndsp=41&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0,i:101

THIS.THIS MAN_THING IS WHAT WE LOST TO. (please search/ click the links, you will be forever blinded by the epicity of it)

bill-kaulitz-1268868426.jpeg

Hi guys. I'm a Tokio Hotel fan as well as a Green Day fan, and I just wanted to come say that it was an honor to be competing against Green Day.

I voted for TH because they changed my life and I think they need the support - at this point, nobody's questioning how great GD are. I truly love them and camped out before their opening 21st Century Breakdown show in Seattle to make front row, still have Mike Dirnt's pick, and think they could play the pants off any band in live concert.

I know a lot of TH fans acted badly during the contest - what can you do, there are some immature fans. But I know a lot of us were proud just to stand in the same round with Green Day, and there would have been no shame in losing to you guys. So I want to apologize for any crap or drama you've seen from TH fans and thank you all for a good round. Hey, basketball teams shake hands after the game is played, why shouldn't fandoms? :)

Peace and music.

Holy shit man! You have more reps that I got in a span of three months. xD XD XD XD

I was wondering about that trophy situation! MTV said that it wouldn't be hard for someone to take the trophy from Green Day because they never picked it up. But they said that they would pay to mail it to Tokio Hotel. Why didn't they mail Green Day their trophy? I got the impression this year and last year that they don't care for Green Day much.

I was wondering about that trophy situation! MTV said that it wouldn't be hard for someone to take the trophy from Green Day because they never picked it up. But they said that they would pay to mail it to Tokio Hotel. Why didn't they mail Green Day their trophy? I got the impression this year and last year that they don't care for Green Day much.

I do get the feeling that MTV don't really like green day that much... ah well it's only mtv, I might have cared more if they hadn't became a crappy reality tv chanel

Is continuing to insult Bill Kaulitz really necessary?

I don't think they care about music much. :lol:

Yep, Tokio Hotel fans should be proud of themselves...you know, sending hundreds of thousands of votes using bots...yepp.....

Oh well, look on the bright side..distancing Green Day from MTV the home of crap such as 16 and pregnant and Jersey Shore can only be a good thing amirite?

Some people called them 'fags'

You mean fags fags right?

SouthParkFags.png

Fag (făg) n.

1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.

2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.

I remember when MTV was practically ALL music! Now it's Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, and..whatever else! I don't even bother to watch it anymore.

.. fuck off -.- They're ever at our top spot, we all know.. It's useless say it again .. but FUCK I'm so pissed off, ..FOD

Yep, Tokio Hotel fans should be proud of themselves...you know, sending hundreds of thousands of votes using bots...yepp.....

Oh well, look on the bright side..distancing Green Day from MTV the home of crap such as 16 and pregnant and Jersey Shore can only be a good thing amirite?

You mean fags fags right?

Fag (făg) n.

1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.

2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.

Can we please stop using that word?

Seriously noone takes MTV seriously as far as music goes...it doesnt even play it anymore! Some would argue it only ever played whatever the latest trend was and green day were never about being trendy or popular... Far from it... Remember minority lyrics for example. They use media because its a way to let people hear their music... They had a brilliant interview on Much Music 1994 where billie and tre basically said they didnt want to be doing an interview but it was a "necessary evil" and all in all gave the impression that they hate mtv/tv in general but do that shit cos thats whats needed to make it in music these days... And ireally believe green day only really care about music ...not awards of any kind... They may be bonuses but we get more fun than them i reckon cos they have more to do than give a shit about Tokyo Hotel!

Ps. I haven't read all the posts but if people are making homophobic comments then what the actual fuck??? Do people need reminding that our own BJ is bisexual?

> Yep, Tokio Hotel fans should be proud of themselves...you know, sending hundreds of thousands of votes using bots...yepp.....

I agree, how proud can they be that they had to win by cheating? Do they really think anyone male or above the age of 16 even KNOWS about th? The only time I ever hear about them is when they're in an online competition and their silly little fans cheat to win it for them.

MTV is no longer music TV, it's Muck TV, so fuck 'em. I'm glad Green Day ignored MTV, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Can we please stop using that word?

I agree I actually find it quite uncomfortable to read nevermind say

I agree I actually find it quite uncomfortable to read nevermind say

As he explained he wasn't using it in a derogatory way in that post. Quite the opposite in fact, he was referencing an episode of South Park that's anti-homophobia.

The thing about the cheating is, some fans may have cheated but that doesn't mean they all did. Most of them won't have cheated so it's not fair to call them all cheaters and try and take away their win. For all we know some Green Day fans might have cheated too and we just don't know about it. We've all had fun in this contest so there's no need to spoil it with bitterness and whinging now, let's just be happy that we've taken part in this enjoyable contest :happy:

I agree with you Hermione, but it would of been nice if there was NO cheating from BOTH fanbases. It would be nice if mtv had someway of blocking the cheating votes..

They should be counting one vote per IP address. That'd make the voting completely fair but I doubt they'll do it.

I agree with you Hermione, but it would of been nice if there was NO cheating from BOTH fanbases. It would be nice if mtv had someway of blocking the cheating votes..

I agree, but that'll probably never happen haha. We won last year so we don't need to worry, it's obviously not enough of a problem that it makes it impossible for us to win. I look forward to having another go next year :D

I agree, but that'll probably never happen haha. We won last year so we don't need to worry, it's obviously not enough of a problem that it makes it impossible for us to win. I look forward to having another go next year :D

ahhh yes. Next year will be a beautiful year for green day fans. :woot:

For those asking for banners, How's this:

mJZpp.png

[img=http://i.imgur.com/mJZpp.png]

Archived