Video 5 of Green Day in studio "2/24"

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Billie's hair is so curly =). This video was a good ending to my day of playing GD Rock Band and watching Bullet in a Bible! =D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure a Green Day song about fucking isn't going to be the same as a shitty pop song about fucking. I can't really see Billie rapping "yo you is my sexy babe we iz gonna fuck get on my disco stick" or something like that.

Whose voice is it saying "You're taking this way too personal" ? I thought I knew but now I'm confused.

Also, if Billie said Fuck Time is both a FBHT and GD song... I'm officially more confused by that than I rightfully should be considering it's the same group of people. But in my head, they are two different bands and shouldn't share songs.

this vid made my day the other day. i love billies hair. its so fluffeh. and of course a song about fucking.... lolol :runaround:

Also, if Billie said Fuck Time is both a FBHT and GD song... I'm officially more confused by that than I rightfully should be considering it's the same group of people. But in my head, they are two different bands and shouldn't share songs.

I know what you mean, I think of it as a FBHT song. But the original idea for it did come from Billie and the AI musical cast shouting "it's fuck time" before shows, and they were playing snippets of it at various Green Day shows only a couple of months after they debuted it at the New York Foxboro shows, so really it's been both a Green Day and Foxboro thing right from the beginning. I wouldn't think of any other song as being interchangeable between the two but it's a bit easier with this one.

I wonder what 'piece of art' will the new album be (I hope it won't be like Metallica's latest album with Lou Reed).

Fuck Time could just be a song they play live. Might not go on any record cept a live one maybe. I'd love a live concert of FBHT like GD did last year with AAF.

I'd love a live concert of FBHT like GD did last year with AAF.

Yeah, like the one they filmed in London but never released! :mad::P

Ok, I know everyone's saying that it was him saying "about fucking."

But what if it was him being cut off before the end of a sentence like "about fucking..."

It could not be about fucking at all, he could have just not wanted to give too much away, so people who don't want it to be about fucking, don't give up yet, and people who do.... just hold yer breath :P

I kinda hope it is about fucking though :lol: Want to see what kind of rifs and all they would put in it.... Imagine the video for it :blink:

Ok, I know everyone's saying that it was him saying "about fucking."

But what if it was him being cut off before the end of a sentence like "about fucking..."

Hehe, I was thinking the exact same thing when the video got released.

It's audio so they can cut it however they like and mess with our minds :P

But I checked the video many times and listened carefully, and it sound like it is continuing after Billie says "...about fucking", because Mike starts talking right after it. It can still be edited, but I'm not really sure if that is the case..

An album that follows 21st Century Breakdown has to be about something. Part of me can't believe 21st Century Breakdown is not everyone's favorite album, but whatever.

An album that follows 21st Century Breakdown has to be about something. Part of me can't believe 21st Century Breakdown is not everyone's favorite album, but whatever.

Same here! You're not alone. That's kind of why I'm really glad that it seems they're going in a totally different direction on this one, 21st CB is an epic masterpiece in my eyes and I'm completely satisfied with it so doing more of the same after that just wouldn't be necessary.

While I don't think this will be a 'concept' album in the same vein as the last two, I do think Green Day (and their commitment to make a piece of "art") can never 'go back' from American Idiot... they're never going to make something that isn't special in some way. I'm really excited. They've talked so much about about wanting to come up with the most innovative, interesting ways of putting out albums, and just think this one will have some kind of surprising, unique characteristic. It won't be pre-AI, but it won't be the same.

I think every album they've put out has been special in some way so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

From what we've heard these new songs are epic so I don't understand the worry of the album not being good enough. Its going to blow our minds, you heard Mike.

I'm pretty sure, even if they go back to the pre-concept album kind of songs, it will be an upgraded version of whatever they have done before.

They have improved so much as a band and Billie as a songwriter and vocalist, it is impossible it will sound terrible or bad.

Hehe, I was thinking the exact same thing when the video got released.

It's audio so they can cut it however they like and mess with our minds :P

But I checked the video many times and listened carefully, and it sound like it is continuing after Billie says "...about fucking", because Mike starts talking right after it. It can still be edited, but I'm not really sure if that is the case..

I was thinking that too, they can totally mess with our minds if they want, like you guys know them, we all know what messers they can be, who knows what the idea behind these videos are?! I suppose we are just going to have to wait (unfortunately) and see!

I'm just picturing Billie introducing the fucking song during concerts.

"And this is a song about how much I like to have sex, when I can manage to get it up. I'm not very good at fucking, but I like it a lot. 1 2 3 GO!"

I kinda hope it is about fucking though :lol: Want to see what kind of rifs and all they would put in it.... Imagine the video for it :blink:

Hahah I guess the video would have a 18+ rating :P

Hahah I guess the video would have a 18+ rating :P

I never knew that music videos have ratings too...

Haha I hope it is going to have a song about fucking. Why the hell not? :lol: If they make the song smooth, groovy, and rockin', then I definitely won't complain. Just them jamming on their instruments...yum

Oh Billie, what have you done!!!??? :lol: Now all the media assumes that the new album will be about sex :o

Today they talked about Green Days new album on Swedish radio. They speculated in which direction it could go, if it's going to be "pure" sex talks (because "sex sells") or if there may be some political influence to the sex theme, like LGBT (lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender), meaning that they maybe want to raise attentions to those issues.

It was awesome to listen to this discussion but I couldn't stop laughing because all this speculation comes from Billie saying "we've never sung about fucking before" and now everyone thinks that the whole album will be about sex :lol:

There was also this article in the Huffington Post but I think it was posted here before...somewhere http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/green-day-album-billie-joe-armstrong-mike-dirnt_n_1314432.html

Archived