Billie Joe's voice change

nwn222

The more you sing and the more rangy material you sing, your voice naturally progresses. I can vouch for that as it has happened to me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BJA is just working on his technique. I guess he's aspiring to improve and get better every day. I've been in vocal training for a while now, and I'm pretty sure that Billie still trains his voice a lot. He can sing things he couldn't do a few years ago; which is pretty amazing in my opinion. He's just a a musician thru and thru, aiming for improvement all the time and wanting to progress. That's an attitude which is really worth mentioning.

Noticed the change,but don't know anything about music at all.I like when he sings older songs,for example Welcome to Paradise at they sound different :D

• 6 months later...

Anybody notice in recent live video's that Billie's voice seems to be pretty weak? Idk if its from the illness he had a little while back or just from being tired, just wanted to get others opinions

Anybody notice in recent live video's that Billie's voice seems to be pretty weak? Idk if its from the illness he had a little while back or just from being tired, just wanted to get others opinions

I mean, you can't really judge yesterday's performance by any normal standards... he was trashed out of his mind...

I mean, you can't really judge yesterday's performance by any normal standards... he was trashed out of his mind...

no no this isnt focusing on yesterdays performance at all, i've watched videos of pretty much every recent live show and he just sounds different, tonal quality and just his ability to hit the higher notes sounds a little strained/weak

Oddly, with previous posts commenting on how he sings the old songs differently, I thought the performance of Basket Case on GMA was incredibly similar to a 1994 performance, or even the studio version, especially Billie's vocals.

Overall I don't think he's quite recovered from the illness yet (I'm sure the full details of which will emerge eventually), Jason had to sing the bit in Let Yourself Go etc. Before the illness he sounded awesome, that second verse of 99 Revolutions in Tokyo is incredible, the way he shouts then smoothly sings 'become so obsolete' shows his full powers! So I wouldn't worry, he'll be back!

Archived