Name and cover for new album! Expectations ...

Working ClassHero

Is he the one who made the American Idiot artwork? Cause the first mail I ever sent to GDA was asking who made that, and they couldn't answer xD

Yes. :sherlock: ...they didn't know that? xD

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. :sherlock: ...they didn't know that? xD

It's about 3 years ago, and it was Andres who replied. Shame on him!

Yeah well, I know now, and the artwork is really inspiring. I hope for another simple logo, not as messy as some others..

While I'm on the subject, who is the girl on the slappy hour cover? I have dreams about her :P

suggestion: the music style sounds very much like old school GD, the album is called "Rack To The Boots" and the cover features a punk kid with a rack falling on his foot.

im too lazy to visualize it.

405871_326122120771265_160927183957427_1004521_276988938_n.jpg

The setlist from one of the new video's

409169_326127294104081_160927183957427_1004528_608626169_n.jpg

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Carpe Diem

Let Yourself Go

Fell For You

Crushing Bastards

Teenage

Troublemaker

He....(?) :D

It would be cool if the new album title were "FUCK TIME". And the next Green Day tour would be called the "FUCK TIME TOUR" :D :D

naw the tour would be called "Let's Fuck NOW !!" :lol:

...but actually i'm not a big fan of the idea that the album name should be "It's Fuck Time"...sure first of all it sounds amazing and cool, but after a while it just gets boring (unless they really name their tour "Let's Fuck NOW!!" or "FUCK TIME TOUR" ...or maybe "FUCKING TOUR" ...that would even be equivocal :D )

I think the title should be somewhat professional, but not an album named after the first song on the line-up. They already had 3 of those in a row (4 if cigarettes and valentines was released)

How about naming it Cigarettes & Valentines? Would be awesome for sure....

But why would they do that? It's another album.

But even if they put C&V the song on the album, they shouldn't name the album that because then it's named after a song on the album and that's kind of lame most of the time. imo.

I'm not a fan of the title Nuclear Family, but I do love the fan covers based on that title.

Possible setlist :woot:

I didn't know whether they would put the secret show stuff up or not, but if they are OMG!!!!!!

This is getting to a scary level of excitement.

I think a subforum is a good idea actually. Not for the songs but for the studio videos and these "cover expectations", "technical aspects", etc threads.

We pretty much know nothing about the new record, so isn't speculating about artwork/the title too early? It'd be great if the title will be like Kerplunk or Nimrod, that it's not a song title. Something original and creative (thinking about this makes me want to know more about the album now!)! And the artwork.. we'll see. Something "simple" like AI or Kerplunk would be awesome, as well as more detailed work like Dookie or Insomniac. I like the graffiti style of Shenanigans and 21CB too. I think I mentioned everything now :lol:

They could do anything they want. Can't wait to read/hear/see more about the songs and the lyrics! (Like with 21CB when Billie explained the breakdown, the city on fire etc.) maybe one of the interviews, whenever that'll be, will have info about those things so we have more to think about, or maybe even a description of what the artwork might look like.

Isn't it a bit early to speculate about the album title and the artwork? We know almost nothing about the album, so where is this supposed to lead? =/

That's what I thought too..

I think a subforum is a good idea actually. Not for the songs but for the studio videos and these "cover expectations", "technical aspects", etc threads.

Then you're just secluding conversation, which doesn't work well in the forum chemistry. It's bad enough that there are so many crowds who only go into GD chat or General Chat/other non-GD related places which pretty much bisects the place, secluding the conversation even further won't do good. Besides, that's what GD chat's for, to talk about Green Day. I see no point whatsoever in splitting discussion into "things relevant to Green Day" and "other things relevant to Green Day".

If you put discussion about the new album in a subforum, people aren't going to stumble into threads that aren't what they were looking for. Sure, I think this thread doesn't serve much of a purpose at this point, but I'm in here anyway because I was in GD chat looking for something and my eye fell upon it and was like "what the hell, let's check it out". If everything about the new album is put in a subforum, I can guarantee you that that subforum's gonna be dead and the threads will get less visitors than they would get if they remained in GD chat.

haven't mcr used a gas mask theme before too?

Mother War in The Black Parade wears a gasmask.

I hope they ask Chris Bilheimer again to make the artwork for the next album! :happy:

I would be very happy if he made the artwork. :wub:

They should call the album were coming out and have a roy lichtenstein type cover with a mob or something like that

I actually like that cover. Props for including Jason!

suggestion: the music style sounds very much like old school GD, the album is called "Rack To The Boots" and the cover features a punk kid with a rack falling on his foot.

im too lazy to visualize it.

I like the pun, but I wouldn't count on the album sounding like old school Green Day. The new material is less overambitious than the last eight years, yet that's progression rather than regression. Everything exists on a spectrum--it's not as though we can classify everything as either grandiose or modest. They boys are going to treat us to something that's unlike anything they've birthed before. It's the Green Day way.

Then you're just secluding conversation, which doesn't work well in the forum chemistry. It's bad enough that there are so many crowds who only go into GD chat or General Chat/other non-GD related places which pretty much bisects the place, secluding the conversation even further won't do good. Besides, that's what GD chat's for, to talk about Green Day. I see no point whatsoever in splitting discussion into "things relevant to Green Day" and "other things relevant to Green Day".

If you put discussion about the new album in a subforum, people aren't going to stumble into threads that aren't what they were looking for. Sure, I think this thread doesn't serve much of a purpose at this point, but I'm in here anyway because I was in GD chat looking for something and my eye fell upon it and was like "what the hell, let's check it out". If everything about the new album is put in a subforum, I can guarantee you that that subforum's gonna be dead and the threads will get less visitors than they would get if they remained in GD chat.

Good point. It would be more organized to have all the discussion relevant to the album together, but it's true that you wouldn't go into the threads that much if they weren't in the main GD menu :)

If it was named C&V I think it would be because this is the C&V record. Not the one that was lost, but maybe the inspiration of the last 2 albums to make it better. The original was "not Green Day" as they put it, but this version could be great! Especially in the 4th studio video, he talks about Poprocks & Coke. Around the time of C&V, all I'm saying is don't shoot down a theory. An yea album names can be anything. The lost album was called C&V at one point an the song is amazing! So we can't just limit it to "what would be better" its what the whole album is about. Cigs & Valentines. Valentines could mean his exs, Ashley, Amanda, an even his wife.

If it was named C&V I think it would be because this is the C&V record. Not the one that was lost, but maybe the inspiration of the last 2 albums to make it better. The original was "not Green Day" as they put it, but this version could be great! Especially in the 4th studio video, he talks about Poprocks & Coke. Around the time of C&V, all I'm saying is don't shoot down a theory. An yea album names can be anything. The lost album was called C&V at one point an the song is amazing! So we can't just limit it to "what would be better" its what the whole album is about. Cigs & Valentines. Valentines could mean his exs, Ashley, Amanda, an even his wife.

But we're not living in the past.

I didn't say living in the past! I said it could be a better newer version of C&V. And he writes about his past all the time, so it's kind of like we are living in the past with Billie. Like She, Amanda, Ashley, An Whatsername.

I like the theories going around about the album maybe being called Cigarettes & Valentines

But on a realistic view, I think the guys are aware that if they would call the new album C&V, all the interviews and anything related to the promotion will be about the title of the lost album that has finally surfaced, and not about the album itself.

I doubt they did their best to write songs that would eventually end up getting buried by an album title

of course none of us know what the album will be called yet and it really could be anything.

for those thinking it will be It's Fuck Time or Cigarettes & Valentines how about a compromise?

Lubricants & Valentines anyone? ;)

Archived