Name and cover for new album! Expectations ...

Working ClassHero

Everyone, its gonna be called Cigarettes and Valentines... they started playing the song on their last tour and they havent recorded it yet... PLUS Billie's tweet officially releasing the news that they were now recording came on Valentines Day... you all dont see anything at all??? Its gonna be Cigarettes and Valentines...

If this is supposed to be ironic, it's pretty funny. :D If not... oh, well.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is supposed to be ironic, it's pretty funny. :D If not... oh, well.

well seriously, it makes sense... like its not something totally random... maybe they wanted to go back and actually produce Cigarettes and Valentines... but not lose the tapes this time!!

well seriously, it makes sense... like its not something totally random... maybe they wanted to go back and actually produce Cigarettes and Valentines... but not lose the tapes this time!!

I don't think so. Also, I'm pretty sure they never lost the tapes, they didn't release it on purpose, but that's a whole other thing. Anyway, I don't think there'll ever be an album named Cigarettes&Valentines unless they decide to finally release the real one from before American Idiot.

I don't think so. Also, I'm pretty sure they never lost the tapes, they didn't release it on purpose, but that's a whole other thing. Anyway, I don't think there'll ever be an album named Cigarettes&Valentines unless they decide to finally release the real one from before American Idiot.

Agreed.

Green Day is a band of moving on. I doubt they would even consider releasing C&V as an official new album.

Besides, they would be way more excited about new material than old material.

I don't really like "Nuclear Family", I'd like a name that has nothing to do with any song, like in most of their records.

And I can't imagine the cover, but it will be good. A small photo -maybe- wouldn't be bad, I don't care if we already know how you look like, Billie Joe.

I wouldn't really like Nuclear Family as a title. I'd much prefer Crushing Bastards, Carpe Diem or a title that isn't a song title.

But really, so negative about Insomniac?? That is a masterpiece in my opinion, Winston Smith is a fucking genius.

I don't like it, it's not like I have to like everything they put out.

The reason why I don't like the painting is that it doesn't speak to me in any way, it doesn't say something. It's just a bunch of negative things placed randomly around a canvas.

The album is supposed to expose rage and extreme frustration and say "fuck ALL of you, you don't get to tell us how punk we are". I just don't get that from that cover.

Cover aside, Insomniac is one of my top 3 favorite GD albums. I really like the angry music style they forced out.

I want it to have a completely unexpected name!

But yeah, I can see it being called Nuclear family.

The sad thing is that it got leaked WAY to early! I've known about the Nuclear Family thing for a long time, there has been a video out on youtube explaining about it for, I think, over a year..

That's kinda why I now hope for a new and unexpected title, instead of it being named after one of the songs on the album.

Uhm... is there another reason why everyone thinks it's gonna be called "Nuclear Family" than the title of one of the songs?

The sad thing is that it got leaked WAY to early! I've known about the Nuclear Family thing for a long time, there has been a video out on youtube explaining about it for, I think, over a year..

That's kinda why I now hope for a new and unexpected title, instead of it being named after one of the songs on the album.

Yeah, That's one way to see it.

But I still don't regret knowing about the new songs.

Why would they call it It's Fuck Time? That's a Tubbie song ffs, why would they name a Green Day album after it?

Uhm... is there another reason why everyone thinks it's gonna be called "Nuclear Family" than the title of one of the songs?

Nope!

I'd be fine with "Carpe Diem." I've said as much in other threads -- I think those two words sum up what Green Day's been all about for at least the past three years. It'd be a damn powerful statement for what's going to be a damn powerful album.

P.S. - on the subject of "how many fucking threads are we going to make about one fucking album" -- I'm thinking that either a subforum or at least a "9th Studio Album" tag for all of them would be helpful here. Dogs gonna bark, GDCers are gonna create a thread for everything that happens with this beast. :)

I don't think Carpe Diem is a powerful statement at all. The sentiment is powerful, but it's such an overused by everyone everywhere, cliché phrase, it's lost all its power, to me at least. I'd be disappointed if they named their album that, for a band with Billie who has such a way with words, "carpe diem" does not reflect their creative capacity.

And no, please no subforum :lol: The last time they did that (a subforum for 21stCB songs) it was a disaster. Sure, all the threads clogging up GD chat (seriously, do we really need a separate thread for each time they release a video?) is annoying, but killing the conversation off by putting it in a subforum is much, much worse.

Anyway, I hope that they come up with an original title that covers the album à la all the albums before Warning, instead of just naming it after a song on the album. I have to admit that it did work with AI and 21stCB (partially because those were concept albums, I think), but I would prefer an original title for this one.

I found this cover...A strange cover rsrs, but its very creative!

I would laugh if that was the cover

Why would they call it It's Fuck Time? That's a Tubbie song ffs, why would they name a Green Day album after it?

Nope!

I don't think Carpe Diem is a powerful statement at all. The sentiment is powerful, but it's such an overused by everyone everywhere, cliché phrase, it's lost all its power, to me at least. I'd be disappointed if they named their album that, for a band with Billie who has such a way with words, "carpe diem" does not reflect their creative capacity.

And no, please no subforum :lol: The last time they did that (a subforum for 21stCB songs) it was a disaster. Sure, all the threads clogging up GD chat (seriously, do we really need a separate thread for each time they release a video?) is annoying, but killing the conversation off by putting it in a subforum is much, much worse.

Okay, so it could be also called Stray Heart or whatsoever then. No idea why everyone thinks it's gonna be called Nuclea Family... which is also a bad name for an album, in my opinion.

Also, I totally agree with you on the Carpe Diem thing. It is supposed to be a powerful saying, but everyone uses it nowadays. I hope they'll come up with some more creative.

Well, it's the title of the 1st song (opening song) they played at the surprise/secret shows.

It's Fuck Time would be cool

If by any chance it's called that I hope they don't censor it like they did for Awesome as fuck ,it just didn't look right, i think it's to early to decide because we don't even know what the album is yet.

I would love some real 'fuck you' kind of art work, like a real WOW kind of cover. And taking what they have been writing about for the past few years, I think 'Nuclear Family' is the most likely title from what we have heard so far..

I dont partically like the cover, one because it scares me, and two because it just doesnt have a "Green Day" feel to it.

I hope they ask Chris Bilheimer again to make the artwork for the next album! :happy:

Ooooh yeah, I conquer!! :sherlock:

I hope they ask Chris Bilheimer again to make the artwork for the next album! :happy:

Is he the one who made the American Idiot artwork? Cause the first mail I ever sent to GDA was asking who made that, and they couldn't answer xD

Archived