Name and cover for new album! Expectations ...

Working ClassHero

Any suggestion for the new album ? Any commentary ?

Say !

In my opinion, the album name should be different from the name of any song. For example "Nuclear Family", i would not want much.

I really like the names "Kerplunk","Dookie", "Insomniac" and "Nimrod." And i would like the new album had a cool name and different as these ;)

And about the cover?

A cover would be too creative, like always!

photo-65800.jpg I found this cover...A strange cover rsrs, but its very creative!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuclear Family sounds like a fitting title (and an awesome one), at least at this point. Though with American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, the titles fit with the theme of the album. From the songs that we've heard so far, there isn't a theme that's apparent. And Nuclear Family does have some themes that could tie into it, but nothing that's apparent at this point in time without hearing some of the other songs -- and the correct/final lyrics to them.

As far as the artwork goes, I can tell you want it WON'T look like -- the boys won't be on it.

Though I do want to add that these titles seem to be progressing with the state of the US (or, in some instances, the world). First we were all idiots, which was the cause of the 21st Century Breakdown. Now in the midst of the Breakdown, there are the threats of nuclear activity...

The only album the guys are on is Warning and Nimrod, and on Nimrod they're censored, so the chances are slim.

I'm hoping for something cool and new, like AI, a logo that is a picture of a cool and creative thing.

I'm not rooting for another grand painting like Insomniac.. I don't like that cover, it's too yellow and full of random stuff.

It is easier to brainstorm about a cover when we get an actual title and or, like Matt said, hear something more about a theme they are going for.

Crushing Bastards would be a cool title for the album though

Nuclear Family sounds like a fitting title (and an awesome one), at least at this point. Though with American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, the titles fit with the theme of the album. From the songs that we've heard so far, there isn't a theme that's apparent. And Nuclear Family does have some themes that could tie into it, but nothing that's apparent at this point in time without hearing some of the other songs -- and the correct/final lyrics to them.

As far as the artwork goes, I can tell you want it WON'T look like -- the boys won't be on it.

Though I do want to add that these titles seem to be progressing with the state of the US (or, in some instances, the world). First we were all idiots, which was the cause of the 21st Century Breakdown. Now in the midst of the Breakdown, there are the threats of nuclear activity...

Matt. , Nuclear Family is a awesome name, but i want a new name, a creative name. But if Nuclear Family is the name, i will very like too .

And iim hopping for a new logo, like Sarcasm sad

Where did you find that artwork? I like it. Assuming it's fan-made though.

I search "nuclear family green day" in google images : D

Billie once said that one of his biggest regrets is not naming Insomniac "Jesus Christ Supermarked". It would be hilarious if that was like a subtitle of the album. Like the life of the fabulous killjoys was to Danger Days by MCR.

I don't really like the title 'Nuclear Family', but this is a cool fan cover I found on youtube...

greendaynuclearfamily.png

Billie once said that one of his biggest regrets is not naming Insomniac "Jesus Christ Supermarked". It would be hilarious if that was like a subtitle of the album. Like the life of the fabulous killjoys was to Danger Days by MCR.

Carpet Diet: Jesus Christ Supermarket

Seems legit. :lol:

Carpet Diet: Jesus Christ Supermarket

Seems legit. :lol:

Really cool! :D

And the cover? Would be?

I don't really like the title 'Nuclear Family', but this is a cool fan cover I found on youtube...

I really like the gasmask theme, because it's a Norwegian folk rock band called Kaizers Orchestra, that has this pump organ player, and he always wears a H.T.K Civil Gasmask from 1939, it's really creepy.

And yeah, they pound oil barrels on stage.

2627450345_38537750e2.jpg

ANYWAY! A gas masked theme for the album would be really awesome, I'm hoping for creepy and dead rather than colorful and happy like Awesome as Fuck.

Kaizers :wub:

haven't mcr used a gas mask theme before too?

MCR have used yellow distorted shit, two dead people facing each other, the black parade theme, with the dead parade, which also included a little kid with an arrow thru his chest and a gasmask.. I think that's correct..

I don't think danger days has any gas masks, alot of masks, but not gas xD

Anyway, yeah Kaizers<3

This isn't going to be a rock opera again, is it? I haven't actually heard the live clips of the new songs, but I thought I heard that it sounded more like Nimrod era without a theme? Because if it doesn't have a particular storyline like the last two, I have no idea what it could be called. I really like your "Nuclear Family" idea though :thumbsup:

I think it is going to be called Nuclear Family because it's the first new song they played at all the secret shows and at the first one, they played it first and then back to back. I'm using this as a placeholder in my iTunes right now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61651113@N07/6922044523/in/photostream

Even though there is a song called Nuclear Family, if this is gonna be a rock n rolly album I don't really think that title would fit very well. Plus using a song title as an album title is boring. Hope they don't call it that.

I keep seeing the thread title and I'm like " :woot:" and then I realize and I'm like " :("

Anyway. I hope they don't call it Nuclear Family or Carpe Diem or whatever. And it'd be cool if it wasn't named after a song and was something random, like Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod. Those were great titles.

I'd like a cover with the Billie, Mike and Tre are pictured on it. I don't care where, but it would be awesome if they were pictured on the front or even the back.

I keep seeing the thread title and I'm like " :woot:" and then I realize and I'm like " :("

Anyway. I hope they don't call it Nuclear Family or Carpe Diem or whatever. And it'd be cool if it wasn't named after a song and was something random, like Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod. Those were great titles.

IKR? I got so fucking excited when I saw it on the GDC main page ... but then, shit, only speculation!

There's always Jesus Christ Supermarket. :lol:

The fan covers of Nuclear Family are really awesome. It would've been a great title for the LAST album. It sounds like a political social commentary though, so if that's not what this new record is going to be, then I wouldn't want it named Nuclear Family because that would just misrepresent what the album is about.

Carpe Diem seems more accurate.

I guess I wouldn't HATE seeing the guys on the cover, but the Warning cover is so disappointing. I mean, it's fucking WARNING. That title alone should have lent itself to the best cover ever, and it's not even a good photo of them.

The fan covers of Nuclear Family are really awesome. It would've been a great title for the LAST album. It sounds like a political social commentary though, so if that's not what this new record is going to be, then I wouldn't want it named Nuclear Family because that would just misrepresent what the album is about.

Carpe Diem seems more accurate.

I guess I wouldn't HATE seeing the guys on the cover, but the Warning cover is so disappointing. I mean, it's fucking WARNING. That title alone should have lent itself to the best cover ever, and it's not even a good photo of them.

Agreed, I think calling it Nuclear Family would give the impression that it's another album along the lines of AI and 21st CB rather than something new and fresh.

And yes! The Warning cover should've been the lightning man. If they made a good cover with them on it this time I'd have no objection though.

They really should just call it "It's Fuck Time" unless thats the title for the next FBHT album

Nuclear Family for the name of an album? It's not bad, but I would like someting random like Dookie or something...

Archived