New Green Day 9th Studio Album Video (17-Feb-2012)

Bastard of 1967

Yes, it is. Which is also why we often get new albums before everyone else does. :D I think this was the case with 21st CB and AAF, not completely sure though.

yeah we got AAF earlier then everyone else ;) ...and i even got it one day before the official release date in germany :D (cos they already had it in the local storeone day before the official release day...and they had about a hundred copies :dance: ) ...and idk about 21stCB :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day's album were all released on Tuesdays except for 21stCB that was released on Friday

21stCB was officially released on Friday so you probably got it on the standard day ;)

Right, sorry forgot about that. We got AAF before everyone else then. But we also got 21st CB before the people in the US, because of different time zones. The Aussies where still ahead of us though. :lol:

I also just looked up when we found out about 21st CB's release date and it was in February 2009, so only 3 or 4 months before the actual release.

What is the problem with wednesday?

After the 21CB debacle, I doubt Warner will ever pull an odd release date again (though 21CB's Friday release date isn't as obscure as a Wednesday would be).

Point is: That's just not how it works. Records are released on Tuesdays (at least here in the US). End of story.

They don't decide release dates that far in advance, it just doesn't work that way. They can't decide a release date when they haven't even recorded the album yet. We know the video was filmed last summer since they're wearing the outfits from that Q photo shoot. If it refers to anything it'll be referring to the date it was filmed.

At least we're sure that they started to work on the new album. We need to slow down a little bit; and the album will come out when it has to come out. You guys make me more nervous :P

After the 21CB debacle, I doubt Warner will ever pull an odd release date again (though 21CB's Friday release date isn't as obscure as a Wednesday would be).

What was the debacle? I understand that 21CB's Friday release meant it had far fewer days to get in the charts and set normal new-release album sales numbers? It's so weird.

What was the debacle? I understand that 21CB's Friday release meant it had far fewer days to get in the charts and set normal new-release album sales numbers? It's so weird.

And still they pulled it off to debut at number 1!

That's quite an achievement

Archived