New Green Day 9th Studio Album Video (17-Feb-2012)

Bastard of 1967

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I was under the impression that they would do summer festivals and then release the album in the fall. With maybe one new single to play at the festivals. Isn't that what they did with American Idiot?

I don't know the answer to your question. I guess I just assumed it would make more sense to release the new album so they could/would play the new songs at the summer festivals. Either way it goes, the festivals and the new release (or vice versa!) will be awesome.

Iwish Green Day did something similar to Mission:Metallica (sorry if it seems I am going on about them, just theres a few things they do I wish other bands would) but basically every day or 2 they released 30 second - 1 minute long snippets of them in the studio writing, recording etc.

Would love to see something similar to that!

I love the new video! The whole skater/surfer vibe puts me into a really good mood for some reason. Also, the drums are damn catchy!

What exactly is the JEL Recording Studios? Is it a place where they were able to jam or is it an actual recording studio with recording equipment?

If so, they did the demo recordings there?

Finding leaked/rarity demos online 2 years after the real record is released is one of the coolest parts of being an obsessive fan.

Can't wait for 2014!

Finding leaked/rarity demos online 2 years after the real record is released is one of the coolest parts of being an obsessive fan.

Can't wait for 2014!

Yeah but Green Day demos never leak. Apart from with 21CB and they were on that like a rash within hours! So I wouldn't expect much to be honest XD

Sounds like the drums from Crushing Bastards from what I heard from secret shows. ^-^ I hope Last Gang In Town and Sweet 16 are on the new record!!!

You know, after watching the video a few times and noticing all of the different clothes they're wearing throughout it, I think the things were filmed over the course of a few days. So now I'm really not sure what 6-13 means. :lol:

Yeah I said we were speculating for good reason but in this case I'm pretty sure if the numbers refer to anything they refer to the date it was filmed last summer.

There's absolutely NO way that is the release date:

1) It's a Wednesday

2) They wouldn't have a date set this early

What is the problem with wednesday?

What is the problem with wednesday?

Every country has specific days when albums are released. For example in Germany it's always on Fridays I think.

Every country has specific days when albums are released. For example in Germany it's always on Fridays I think.

I didn't know this :mellow: I don't know if Italy has this thing but probably it does

They don't have to get released on certain days, it just usually happens on Tuesdays in the US, they can release whenever they want if they felt like it.

Although I have no idea why they would give away a release date already, that's usually near the end to build hype, if they give it away too early the hype dies.

Having said that, they could easily have the album out by June 13th, they already have a lot (possibly all?) the songs written and all they have to do is record it, get it mixed and mastered then released. For a band like GD that could be done in a few months. But anyway, I don't think it was the release date haha.

Yes, it is. Which is also why we often get new albums before everyone else does. :D I think this was the case with 21st CB and AAF, not completely sure though.

On another note, if one of the new songs leaked as a demo like 21st CB did, I'd so listen to it! Listening to the 21st CB demo was such a good choice, back then I listenend to it all day long for weeks and I loved it.

They don't have to get released on certain days, it just usually happens on Tuesdays in the US, they can release whenever they want if they felt like it.

Green Day's album were all released on Tuesdays except for 21stCB that was released on Friday

Yes, it is. Which is also why we often get new albums before everyone else does. :D I think this was the case with 21st CB and AAF, not completely sure though.

21stCB was officially released on Friday so you probably got it on the standard day ;)

Archived