New Green Day 9th Studio Album Video (17-Feb-2012)

Bastard of 1967

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure this one was filmed last summer, thus the date at the top. Still, very cool that they posted another one for all of us to enjoy!

A few observations:

1. I'm hearing a distinct resemblance to "My Sharona" in that percussion rhythm now -- particularly in both the tempo and the downbeat.

2. And the guitar sounds fucking amazing. You can already tell that Rob C. is back in the studio with them!

3. Tre needs to wear that motorbike costume during King For A Day on the next tour.

I said that on the other thread, but again: the drums reminded me the live footage of Nuclear Family.

And this is probably a teaser for that documentary since it's last year stuff. Love it!

Seems like Green Day's youtube is trying to get out the message that the boys are back in the studio. :happy:

Nice surprise!!

What a nice gift to receive on Billie Joe's birthday!!

I keep watching over and over and over . . .

This looks like it is from June. All of the footage is in Southern California.

It is great to be seeing video from the guys no matter when it was filmed.

Awesome! Really digging the whole vibe they're creating!

This was probably a video from 6-13 last year though, when they were rehearsing. This doesn't seem to be in the studio at all.

Looks like a purple polar bear died on Tre's shoulders :lol:

Cool video, looks nice and slick.

Those clips of Tre and Mike dressed up look like they're from the Q magazine shoot, so not totally random haha

I said that on the other thread, but again: the drums reminded me the live footage of Nuclear Family.

And this is probably a teaser for that documentary since it's last year stuff. Love it!

Totally. These videos are very high quality and carefully edited. It's professional stuff.

Thus... BRING IT!

Is this gonna be a DVD or something? There are a lot of random clips in this made for more than just showing us what they do in the studio.

Idk. not trying to start rumors or anything.

I'm really starting to care less and less about Heart Like a Hand Grenade ever being released now that this documentary is supposedly happening. Do you think they would even ever release it after doing this?

I hope they keep updating us with their progress on the new record all the time! :woot:

But shit, I can't watch the vid right now... :(

I want to go to there.

I'm always happy to see them release stuff. Looks like last summer. But it goes by so fast. It's like pause, pause, pause. I think it's designed for us to see everything and nothing at the same time. And obviously leave us wanting more (like that would be hard).

Is this gonna be a DVD or something? There are a lot of random clips in this made for more than just showing us what they do in the studio.

Idk. not trying to start rumors or anything.

Yeah there has been talk of a documentary since one of the secret shows last year, Rolling Stone said they've been filming throughout!

I am overly fucking excited. :lol:

I hope they keep giving updates!

The drum line sounds amazing.

I want to go to there.

I really love it! Very enjoyable place to be.

Yeah there has been talk of a documentary since one of the secret shows last year, Rolling Stone said they've been filming throughout!

I thought i read something like that somewhere a long time ago. Thanks for clarifying.

Archived