Platypus (I Hate You)

pasalaska

Ahhh :rolleyes:

I remember when I didn't know what the fuck "platypus" was :lol: But then I knew, and I think this is the most crazy and original GD title song ever. One thing has nothing to do with the other, but well, Billie Joe felt like name a song like that...

Personally I think is a little too much hate, but it's a good way to express it. I heard it very often when I was at school, so liberating. It's a great song.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The song isn't even 3 minutes long, and yet I think it just marks the crescendo of the whole feeling of Nimrod as an album. It has its highs and lows, and then it reaches that point where you're just completely fucked out of your mind AND you want to kill someone. I have personally never felt as much hatred as this song represents, but every time I listen to it I feel like I should hate something that bad, just to be on par, you know? I lived and breathed the whole album for a few years at a really bad point in my life, and this song made me feel like I could do just about anything to get that anger and frustration out, and it didn't even have to be something monumental. I'm glad they didn't take the route that most people who write angry songs do, and just have 3 minutes of nonstop, blaring rage. I mean, it's in there in the lyrics, but there are parts of the song that also kind of take you aside to show you that "Yes, I'm pissed off. Here's why." and you understand, instead of just having "I"M MAAADDD!!!" screamed at you for 5 minutes. To me, that takes away from the emotion. Great choice for song of the week, just in time for Valentine's Day! ^_^

xoxo

I would prefer it's fuck time as the valentines song of the week, but anyway, I love this song (if someone can really love the way a person hates someone) :P

I freaking love this song. I just love the pure punk energy of it, and the lyrics are seriously disturbing and funny at the same time. And OMG! so perfect for Valentine's Day because I fucking hate this "holiday."

This is the first time I've seen the lyrics all the way through. All I can say is it takes a special kind of hate to write those lyrics to a dying man, and a shitload of guts to be so honest.

You didn't mention the fact that the lyrics aren't printed in the nimrod booklet! For me that adds to how great this song is that they put it on the album anyway!

I actually never realised that the lyrics to this were never printed in the booklet :ninja: I don't know how I missed that one. Anyway, this is (obviously), a great song to listen to when you really hate someone, but I wouldn't say that it's up there on my list of favourite GD tracks or anything.

You didn't mention the fact that the lyrics aren't printed in the nimrod booklet! For me that adds to how great this song is that they put it on the album anyway!

I added that to the GDA post, heh.

this is so perfect for any valentines day i go without somebody. but i did not actually know the Whole story behind Platypus. after reading the story, im like woah. i cant believe someone would hate on green day for sounding out of the normal like more pop than punk.

When I think about it, it seems kind weird to say I love this song - a song filled with so much rage and hate, but y'know, I do... I LOVE IT! At times, it makes me feel good - like a release of anger and all that bad energy is a really good thing.

I like this line, "Cause now I wouldn't lie or tell you all the things you want to hear." It's just straightforward, honest, and bold. I still can't remember all the words to this song, lol, although any time I've heard it played, anywhere there are GD fans around, EVERYONE knows the middle part word for word.

Before I joined GDC, when I was still a lurker :ninja: I sent Andres a message on GDA asking him why the lyrics weren't included in the booklet thinking that he might know the answer. I was always curious about that!

There are a lot of people I hate right now, and that's okay, because I have this song :D

Gotta love the line "Dickhead, fuckface, cock smoking mother fucking asshole, dirty twat, waste of semen"

one of the best lines Billie has ever written :P

It's like one of the catchiest swearing line I have heard in music

Love this song. Really gives me a fuck you attitude when I listen to it. I shouted it out when they asked for a request at wembley, instead they went on to play Waiting, which is just as good like :P but still, LOVE IT.

if i could have one wish granted ...i would love to sing/scream Platypus with BJA. And yes you can love a song that's about hate...

I really really love this song....love to scream it when i'm really fucked up...it does help....a pity some companys call with a "blocked" number so you can't see it. otherways i would link their number to platypus...so i can prepare for their call......

i do have platypus on my phone as a ringtone...when i'm very angry i sometimes change it to that.

and yes if i'm arguing with someone i do sometimes ask if they know someone named Billie Joe...if they than say no : i just look supprised because i thought they did and that "this person named Billie Joe had them in mind when he wrote this little song named Platypus...because it really discribes them..."and they are just like:"oh oh, i don't know that song.....i just say that they should look it up on the internet because it's really "them" and then leave it at that and walking away smiling......

i know...i have a strange sense of humor....

anyway You have to love Platypus !!!!

if i could have one wish granted ...i would love to sing/scream Platypus with BJA. And yes you can love a song that's about hate...

I really really love this song....love to scream it when i'm really fucked up...it does help....a pity some companys call with a "blocked" number so you can't see it. otherways i would link their number to platypus...so i can prepare for their call......

i do have platypus on my phone as a ringtone...when i'm very angry i sometimes change it to that.

and yes if i'm arguing with someone i do sometimes ask if they know someone named Billie Joe...if they than say no : i just look supprised because i thought they did and that "this person named Billie Joe had them in mind when he wrote this little song named Platypus...because it really discribes them..."and they are just like:"oh oh, i don't know that song.....i just say that they should look it up on the internet because it's really "them" and then leave it at that and walking away smiling......

i know...i have a strange sense of humor....

anyway You have to love Platypus !!!!

Holy crap! That's so mean. LOVE it! :lol:

Archived