Green Day song in the new movie - "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"

dkongzoom

Saw an advance screening of Journey 2 yesterday. Pretty much the very first thing you hear when the movie starts is "Letterbomb!" It's also listed in the end credits, but not featured on the CD soundtrack.

Now I'm extra motivate to go see it lol. I want to see it anyway, but now if I get to see it, I can at least love one part :lol: that sucks that it's not on the soundtrack though. I guess only those who pay attention to the credits and know the music will know who's singing and what song it is :P

Every time the advert for that film comes on TV I just think it's sounds like the film's called "Journey To The Mysterious Island" with the "To" written as "2" to be all cool and down with the kids. Poorly thought out title. Excellent song choice though.

That is AMAZING! Letterbomb is most definitely my favourite song from American Idiot! :D

WTF... if you could find llike a source or something, that would be amazing... because i cant find anything...

And they have a Rise Against song in the trailer :woot:

Great song choices for what looks like a shit movie :P

Every time the advert for that film comes on TV I just think it's sounds like the film's called "Journey To The Mysterious Island" with the "To" written as "2" to be all cool and down with the kids. Poorly thought out title. Excellent song choice though.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional because the first movie is called "Journey to the Center of the Earth", so this sequel has "to" changed to "2" so it's all cool and edgy. Even though though the 90s are over and that's incredibly lame.

Anyway, kinda cool that Letterbomb is in this movie, and I know the reason why it won't be on the soundtrack: swear words.

Do you actually hear the song? Or just a bit of the opening?

scene of

Do you actually hear the song? Or just a bit of the opening?

A decent clip of the song plays during the opening scene of the flick. One of the main characters is riding a motorcycle while being pursued by cops. It totally caught me by surprise, but it immediately put a smile on my face.

Well, they obviously tried to fool the movie-going audience into thinking the film is ho as hell by sneaking in a ho as hell song to play in the background. Point for trying though.

with Dwayne Johnson as the star the movie needs all the help it can get. the bits i saw of the first one were truly awful as well.

still Letterbomb is an awesome song and it's good exposure

Hmmm I dont even see how that would fit... isnt that a kids movie about adventurin and such? Maybe its to pump up the rock for another stella performance.

Archived