Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Have you met Green Day?

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

Marius Pontmercy

Marius Pontmercy
  • I FEEL MY SOUL ON FIRE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,574 posts
  • Joined Aug 18, 2010
  • 3,535 rep

didn't meet them because i was busy keeping warm in a penguin form thingy, but in quebec city they came out before and after the show. i think tre gave everyone food or something??

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 13,717 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,274 rep

I don't know if it counts as meeting him but Tre kept sticking his head out of the window above the queue at the Brixton gig. :lol:

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,459 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,131 rep

I met Mike at a meet and greet before the show in Rochester, and I met Tre after the show in Brooklyn! He came out and said hello to us all (there were about 15 of us waiting out there) and then gave everyone an autograph and a fist bump!

Iain

Iain
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Joined Jul 04, 2010
  • 1,108 rep
  • Location:Outside of my ass, unlike most people's heads on GDC.

Met Tré after the Brooklyn Show; he was awesome! It's a bit of a game of chance if you can meet them or not after a show.

Oh and he gave me a guitar pick, really nice guy.

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,803 rep

This is from 21CB, but it's hilarious

• PleasedToMeetMe and Oxymore like this

thenoahmann

thenoahmann
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2014
  • 5 rep
I met mike on the warped tour he was really nice I told him I have 60 green day boot legs.he was like thats more then I have! I seen tre riding a bmx in grand rapids mi.i asked him if he wanted to smoke a joint.he considered it but passed. I got to shake billies hand after a show. Very small hands on that guy.
Tre came up to my buddy on the warning tour and told him he liked his shirt and asked if he wanted to trade. My buddy gave me the shirt it was soaked in sweat. Still haven't wsshed it.warning tour shirt.my buddy had on a flannel short sleeve.
  • sherribomb and Lady Nightlife like this

tubbyfox

tubbyfox
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2012
  • 142 rep

Oh that definitely counts cos I was there too! You must have been somewhere near me in the queue!

Quoting "Notanyone" at Brixton - don't know why my quote button isn't working.

JOE THE X-KID

JOE THE X-KID
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2013
  • 1,386 rep
I'm going on a school trip to New York in February and I have a tiny shred of hope that ill see one of the guys. If I did see one though I'd be absolutely shitting it, but I think I'd have to force myself to get over it and go up to them.

Oxymore

Oxymore
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2013
  • 2,534 rep

I'm going on a school trip to New York in February and I have a tiny shred of hope that ill see one of the guys. If I did see one though I'd be absolutely shitting it, but I think I'd have to force myself to get over it and go up to them.

Don't expect what you want to expect and expect what you don't want to expect. Not a brainy sentence, but it works. I mean, I always got what I didn't want to get and the reverse too. So if you want to see the guys, don't look around wherever you are !!! superstitions work sometimes :)

Are you affraid of meeting them ? Because you're talking about forcing yourself... If so, I understand that feel. I could say a fucking word in front of them, haha. And not even go up to them !! :D

• JOE THE X-KID likes this

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,431 rep

I met mike on the warped tour he was really nice I told him I have 60 green day boot legs.he was like thats more then I have! I seen tre riding a bmx in grand rapids mi.i asked him if he wanted to smoke a joint.he considered it but passed. I got to shake billies hand after a show. Very small hands on that guy.
Tre came up to my buddy on the warning tour and told him he liked his shirt and asked if he wanted to trade. My buddy gave me the shirt it was soaked in sweat. Still haven't wsshed it.warning tour shirt.my buddy had on a flannel short sleeve.

Which show from the Warped Tour ?
I can add this review to the Live Guide !

thenoahmann

thenoahmann
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2014
  • 5 rep

Which show from the Warped Tour ?
I can add this review to the Live Guide !

It was in Detroit

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,431 rep

It was in Detroit

Do you remember the exact date ?

thenoahmann

thenoahmann
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2014
  • 5 rep
Let me see if I can find the ticket stub....I was a long time ago. I think I still have it

JOE THE X-KID

JOE THE X-KID
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2013
  • 1,386 rep

Don't expect what you want to expect and expect what you don't want to expect. Not a brainy sentence, but it works. I mean, I always got what I didn't want to get and the reverse too. So if you want to see the guys, don't look around wherever you are !!! superstitions work sometimes :)
Are you affraid of meeting them ? Because you're talking about forcing yourself... If so, I understand that feel. I could say a fucking word in front of them, haha. And not even go up to them !! :D

Yea I'd be terrified haha because theyre my idols and I wouldn't want to embarrass myself haha
  • Oxymore likes this

cocoepops

cocoepops
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • 295 rep

I've had what I would say if I ever met them planned since I was about 8. Obviously it's changed a bit and I can't honestly judge my reaction, but I know I would do my best to savour every moment. And I would be determined to get a hug off all of them.

Advertising

xxPistolxx

xxPistolxx
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2013
  • 43 rep

I'v met them about 50 times in my head. And i daydream about meeting them a lot.

I wish i can.

• IlariaIDIOT likes this

beejeezee

beejeezee
  • Billie Joe's Bitch

• 12,643 posts
  • Joined Nov 29, 2010
  • 4,859 rep
No. :(

Danneh

Danneh
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined May 26, 2014
  • 22 rep

I meet Billie :toocool:

Onstage too which is a plus :runaround:

Shondells

Shondells
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined Apr 29, 2014
  • 18 rep

The closest I've ever got is catching Billie as stage dived at a FHTs gig in London and we sang together into his microphone for a few seconds before he started working back to the stage.

After the show I spoke to Jason White for a couple of minutes and he gave me one of his guitar picks :-) Nice guy despite being uber tired.

Still awaiting a proper met with any of the three main guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users