Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Have you met Green Day?

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

eighteen

eighteen
  • Oldie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,717 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2003
  • 7 rep
I met Green Day at a meet and greet in 2010. Mike signed my cd and said nothing, Billie signed my cd and passed it on, the Tre signed it and said "I like your shirt" (I was wearing my Foxboro Hottubs one) and I said "thanks, I was trying to be different" and Billie looked up from whatever he was signing and said " different is good" and I said "thanks" and grabbed my stuff and ran out of the store. Then I started crying a little, so I put on my sunglasses and continued out of the mall. It was intense is all, and I'm an emotional person, I'm just glad I didn't lose it in front of them. I was prefectly happy just getting something signed and be on my way, but that I conversed with them... it was awesome.
  • Laly and MaterialDiamond like this

Leisha-LUNA

Leisha-LUNA
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  • Joined Nov 03, 2005
  • 110 rep

POPULAR

I met Mike at the Frustrators. He was a massive goofball that kept yelling at me and pushed me around a couple of times. He can't draw/write or read music, and he is a snarky asshole :D I loved it. I also told him he was the inspiration for everything I want to be in my life and he said "awww" and initiated a hug. He also told me a great story about Belinda Carlisle and her boobs, judged me for being dirty and flying to the US on a credit card, and initiated the goodbye hug when I told him I had to fly home to Aus the next day. Aaand he took a photo of my tattoo on his phone. He was perfect :') and I have no need to meet the others because nothing could top that weekend.
  • pasalaska, Martyn, Robin Pettersson and 2 others like this

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep

I met Mike at the Frustrators. He was a massive goofball that kept yelling at me and pushed me around a couple of times. He can't draw/write or read music, and he is a snarky asshole http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Everything i've always hoped he would be...

Seriously. I really just want to say hi and have them say hi back and not be giant pompous dicks. I don't think they are but i just need that confirmation. Though i'm not sure what i would do if they were jerks... it would be like losing 20 years of my life, and everything that i like and i do.

Leisha-LUNA

Leisha-LUNA
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,072 posts
  • Joined Nov 03, 2005
  • 110 rep

Everything i've always hoped he would be...

Seriously. I really just want to say hi and have them say hi back and not be giant pompous dicks. I don't think they are but i just need that confirmation. Though i'm not sure what i would do if they were jerks... it would be like losing 20 years of my life, and everything that i like and i do.

Well I can't speak for Billie and Tre (except the couple of times that I've spoken to them that didn't really count, like bumping into them in an airport and being like "HI!"), but Mike is everything you could hope for haha. I asked him to draw a bass clef behind my ear and he drew a dot and goes "It's a beauty spot!" and then left the building and went home. it was amazing haha, little asshole.
  • joeysturkeyhead, MaterialDiamond and Lady Nightlife like this

Webb_2011

Webb_2011
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined Nov 22, 2010
  • 81 rep
I have never met them, praying I hopefully will someday, but I know if I ever did see them randomly on the street I would probably be too nervous to say anything and then be super pissed later on that I didn't say anything. It's happened to me with bands before. If I do ever get the chance to meet them I am afraid I'll pass out from excitement!

GreenDayisAmazing

GreenDayisAmazing
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Joined Mar 22, 2010
  • 111 rep
I'd love to meet Green Day. It's the first thing on my Bucket List. So far I've only met them in my dreams :ermm: . Haha I wouldn't want to freak out a scream and jump on them though. I would try and play it cool. Mike did wave to my sisters, friend and I. We saw him down by the tour buses and we were at the top walking back to line and we saw Mike we all screamed Mike, Mike, Mike then he turned around help up his bass and waved. Haha made our day, so much cooler than running into Hunter from AFI moments after that. I wanna meet themso bad!
  • MaterialDiamond likes this

green day drunkbunny

green day drunkbunny
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined Nov 20, 2011
  • 30 rep
How do people actually get backstage?

xXRustyJamesXx

xXRustyJamesXx
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 112 rep

Have you ever met Billie, Mike, Tré or Jason?

Or do you have any autographs?

This summer I met Mike and Tré in Mönchengladbach, Germany ; It was awesome!

I got an autograph form Mike:

http://www.facebook....&type=3

• Cath likes this

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,700 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,439 rep

Yep :D

I have an autograph of them !

It's the cover of the Dookie tape, signed in 1994 !

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,766 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,069 rep
Yep :D

I have an autograph of them !

It's the cover of the Dookie tape, signed in 1994 !

holy shit you're an OLD lucky fan haha :) Amazing

And I like that thread idea though :)

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,449 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,749 rep

POPULAR

When I was 10 I met an old man who said he was Billie Joe's dad in a playground. We played together for hours.

I found out years later that his dad was dead  :mellow:

• Tabeeb, cocoepops, Sanket and 2 others like this

Firecracker Lell

Firecracker Lell
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,536 posts
  • Joined Apr 27, 2012
  • 3,516 rep

In my dreams, yes! Once Tre came here ( :o ) & then took me to Oakland :lol:

xXRustyJamesXx

xXRustyJamesXx
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 112 rep
When I was 10 I met an old man who said he was Billie Joe's dad in a playground. We played together for hours.

I found out years later that his dad was dead  :mellow:

Where did you met him?

Why  did you know billie, he was´nt famous as a kid

Hermione

Hermione
  • Soggy Dream

• 27,429 posts
  • Joined Jan 09, 2008
  • 10,083 rep
Have you ever met Billie, Mike, Tré or Jason?

Or do you have any autographs?

This summer I met Mike and Tré in Mönchengladbach, Germany ; It was awesome!

I got an autograph form Mike:

http://www.facebook....&type=3

There's already a thread for this, so I've merged your thread into this one and you can all carry on the conversation here. In future remember to search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

xXRustyJamesXx

xXRustyJamesXx
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined Dec 23, 2012
  • 112 rep
There's already a thread for this, so I've merged your thread into this one and you can all carry on the conversation here. In future remember to search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

yeah I forgot that..

okay, thanks!  :)

Advertising

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

I've never met them, and would like to to, but at the same time I wouldn't. I am a really socially awkward individual, even mores so in unfamiliar unnerving situations, who can barely cross a room with knocking something over and I dread to think of the embarrassing things I could end up saying or doing if I met any one or all of them.

kaylubd

kaylubd
  • Resident Shultz/Bellamy Enthusiast

• 6,310 posts
  • Joined Feb 02, 2012
  • 2,463 rep

No but since I do music journalism I'm hoping to interview them one day :)

xjernpqvrnbfv

xjernpqvrnbfv
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2009
  • 76 rep

I was at a Green Day show once and made eye contact with Billie

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep
I've never met them, and would like to to, but at the same time I wouldn't. I am a really socially awkward individual, even mores so in unfamiliar unnerving situations, who can barely cross a room with knocking something over and I dread to think of the embarrassing things I could end up saying or doing if I met any one or all of them.

I'm the same, so I have the same kind of would love to, but wouldn't want to at the same time thing. I highly doubt this would be the case with anyone from the band, but I have that fear of meeting someone you really admire and they act dismissive of you or something, and that maybe making you feeling alienated after about the music.

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

I'm the same, so I have the same kind of would love to, but wouldn't want to at the same time thing. I highly doubt this would be the case with anyone from the band, but I have that fear of meeting someone you really admire and they act dismissive of you or something, and that maybe making you feeling alienated after about the music.

I know! I don't think I could ever enjoy the music or work of someone again fully if I had met them and they acted really coldly towards me...but I'm quite an insecure person.

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep
I know! I don't think I could ever enjoy the music or work of someone again fully if I had met them and they acted really coldly towards me...but I'm quite an insecure person.

Unfortunately I think it happens quite a lot because a lot of famous people can be kind of arrogant and dismissive of fans, which is understandable in some ways because they deal with it every day. From what I've heard of other people who've met the band their accounts have always been really positive and warm :) 

• musso_kn likes this

Breakdown_EE

Breakdown_EE
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2012
  • 235 rep

billie gave me a thumb up during the vienna concert. he was right infront of me and i was yelling the song as loud as i could but i guess the fact that i had a small camera (gopro like but not that awsome quality :( ) on my head was the trigger for his "real life like"   i should make a .gif of that part haha

but i dont think that counts as "meet"  he also walked by me in new york right bevor the AI Musical...

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep
 Unfortunately I think it happens quite a lot because a lot of famous people can be kind of arrogant and dismissive of fans, which is understandable in some ways because they deal with it every day. From what I've heard of other people who've met the band their accounts have always been really positive and warm :) 

Ahh, there's always that hope.

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep

I high fived Mike during a concert in 2009 :) He was touching everyone's outstretched hands and I think he liked my Jack Daniels shirt :D

BJA_SA

BJA_SA
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2012
  • 46 rep

I've never been on the same continent as them. 

Strayheart1219

Strayheart1219
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined Nov 27, 2012
  • 229 rep

I would love to meet them. Are you kidding? It would be one of my dreams. Like honestly, if I met all three of them at once I wouldn't mind if I died the next day lol. No but seriously I think if I met them my face would just turn bright red and be like CAN I HAVE A HUG?! I would really like to meet Adrienne too, she seems so awesome! The next GD concert I go to I MUST GET MEET AND GREET.

• MaterialDiamond and Cath like this

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,766 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,069 rep
I've never been on the same continent as them. 

Impossible 

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep

Impossible 
Probably not. They've never toured in Africa.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,766 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,069 rep
Oups didnt think about this one sorry

19GreenAngel91

19GreenAngel91
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,088 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 3,233 rep

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm let me think........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

NO!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

• Mykee Mexx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users