Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Have you met Green Day?

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep

i'd probably ask them if they know the "Revealed Thread" here on GDC http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... and if they say no, i'd say: "Y'know there are awesome pics of ya'll, you have to check it out !!" jk http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Hang on, I haven't heard of that thread either, where is that one :blink: It sounds like my kind of thread ;)

dumb shiny bitch

dumb shiny bitch
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Joined Jul 26, 2010
  • 1,383 rep
It's the best.

naeemiih

naeemiih
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Joined Oct 12, 2010
  • 521 rep

It's the best.

can you send a link of it that thread? cause i cant find it xD

Ashley!

Ashley!
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,707 posts
  • Joined Jun 29, 2011
  • 1,093 rep

Hang on, I haven't heard of that thread either, where is that one http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/... It sounds like my kind of thread http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

http://www.greendayc...n-day-revealed/
There you go. :thumbsup:

BJA TC MD

BJA TC MD
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,371 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2011
  • 734 rep
If I met Green Day, it would be one of the best, probably the best day of my life. From what I heard, they sound really nice. I just don't wanna fangirl and stuff. But firstly I'm gonna have to get to a concert

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep

http://www.greendayc...n-day-revealed/
There you go. http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

:blink:

Thank you so much, I don't even know how to express my gratitude :P
  • Ashley! likes this

Ashley!

Ashley!
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 3,707 posts
  • Joined Jun 29, 2011
  • 1,093 rep

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Thank you so much, I don't even know how to express my gratitude http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

No problem. :D

W Axl Rose

W Axl Rose
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Joined Apr 09, 2009
  • 33 rep
A few times actually. I probably won't even try next tour because then I'd feel as if I were being greedy.They are my second favorite band (behind GnR) and I am just lucky that I have a pic with all three together:) I'm the dude in the POISON shirt and Billie Joe was grabbing my shoulders which is why my face looks goofy:

Posted Image
  • Cath likes this

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep

A few times actually. I probably won't even try next tour because then I'd feel as if I were being greedy.They are my second favorite band (behind GnR) and I am just lucky that I have a pic with all three together:) I'm the dude in the POISON shirt and Billie Joe was grabbing my shoulders which is why my face looks goofy:

How do you get backstage so much?!

Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney
  • David Bowie fan

• 3,898 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2011
  • 2,317 rep
I almost met Billie but my mom wouldn't let me.

greendaytodeathandback

greendaytodeathandback
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined Dec 26, 2009
  • 164 rep
Why wouldn't she?! :blink:

Holly

Holly
  • I Still Believe.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2005
  • 480 rep
I have never met them, but next tour round I am determined I shall.

No idea what I'd say though, I would make a complete tit of myself and regret how I acted as soon as they were gone I'm sure. I've met Frank Turner three times and I've been completely star struck and had no idea what to say each time. Meeting Green Day is on a completely different scale; if I were to meet them I doubt I'd be able to get any words out at all.

Brigister

Brigister
  • I'm a mess and you're a work of art

• 4,541 posts
  • Joined Aug 30, 2011
  • 1,192 rep
I haven't met them, 'cause I live in stupid fucking Italy.
Somewhat I both would and would not like to meet them. On the one hand, I would like to meet them to tell them how fucking much their songs mean to me, on the other hand I wouldn't like to meet them just because I'm afraid I might be disappointed by their behaviour towards me or generally towards fans, because I don't have a fucking clue about how they really are.

Martyn

Martyn
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,280 posts
  • Joined Oct 18, 2009
  • 214 rep
Met them outside the Radio One studio when they had that interview last month :D the night before the london show before i continued queuing for it :)
Can't believe it actually happened!

westendriot

westendriot
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Joined Oct 30, 2006
  • 537 rep
I met Mike & Tre in 2009 after the Detroit show. They came out and signed autographs for a little while and they were soooo nice. Tre was telling some story about a hot girl he saw at Starbucks and he was really funny :lol: Then I met Billie in 2011 at American Idiot. Still can't believe that any of it actually happened.

Advertising

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep
I got a wave from them outside their minibus a few years back, was bit gutted cause we waiting for about 4 hours to say hey to them.

I would like to say id be really cool around them but id probably end up acting like i 12 year old girl.
I am a huge Jimmy Eat World fan (actually on par with GD on my fav band), and last year i was sat in a bar after seeing them, and Jim Adkins came and sat on the chair next to me, i literally tried to compose myself and soon as i tried talking to him i ended up like a little girl.

So if i was like that to him, i would be so bad if i actually meet Green Day
  • Martyn likes this

WrongWayToSalvation

WrongWayToSalvation
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Joined Aug 06, 2012
  • 530 rep
Green Day is one of my favorite bands, but I don't really care if I ever meet them or not.
They're just people, nothing more nothing less. It's amazing how a little fame can warp people's perceptions.
  • Mykee Mexx likes this

Danish Idiot

Danish Idiot
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined Jun 06, 2012
  • 15 rep
I've never met them and had a real conversation with them. But I got to go on stage with them in June 2010, and also snatched a picture with Billie and got a few autographs when he did his run as St. Jimmy in February. He remembered me after a few nights. :runaround: Amazing!
  • DenmarksGreenDayGirl likes this

Rianne

Rianne
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2010
  • 524 rep
I met Jason White in Paris. Chased him running through the streets while carrying an inflatable sausage with "it's fuck time" written on it. He was really nice! Gave me 2 guitar picks too!
  • musso_kn likes this

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,388 rep
I met Tré once, Billie twice and Jason Fresse and Jeff Matika as well. But wasn't their a thread like this already?
  • Hege likes this

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep

I met Jason White in Paris. Chased him running through the streets while carrying an inflatable sausage with "it's fuck time" written on it. He was really nice! Gave me 2 guitar picks too!

Id love to meet Jason! Wierdly i became a big Influents fan back in 2001 when i heard the Check Please album without even realising it was him on vocals. I would love to speak to him and that stuff, i doubt he gets many people talk to him about non green day stuff. Id love to whack out both albums and ask for a signature :D

AshliPunx

AshliPunx
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 148 rep
I met them backstage at the VMA's. Best night ever!! Well I met Tre in the pit and everyone else in the back.
  • Martyn likes this

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Iva lies. I'M Crouchy's #1 fan.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,521 rep
I had the chance to meet Billie a few times in New York, I could have walked up to him and tapped his shoulder if I wanted to. I dunno though, it just felt weird, like not right or something. If I do meet them by chance one day then that's awesome, but if not that's cool too. They remember me (or Billie does anyway, not sure about Mike and Tre now, haha) from past shows and I've had a lot of interaction with them as well, so that's good enough for me. :happy:

Hege

Hege
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2010
  • 301 rep

I met Tré once, Billie twice and Jason Fresse and Jeff Matika as well. But wasn't their a thread like this already?

Hey, you failed to tell me this! Stories for next time we meet!

Id love to meet Jason! Wierdly i became a big Influents fan back in 2001 when i heard the Check Please album without even realising it was him on vocals. I would love to speak to him and that stuff, i doubt he gets many people talk to him about non green day stuff. Id love to whack out both albums and ask for a signature http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

The Influents albums are SO good! The Big Cats too! And his own 45!

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,388 rep

Hey, you failed to tell me this! Stories for next time we meet!

Oh, sorry :sorry: Next time for sure :D

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,292 rep

The Influents albums are SO good! The Big Cats too! And his own 45!

Yeah! I think the Check Please album is such a good record, i bet he would be pretty overwhelmed if someone spoke to him about them

Hege

Hege
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2010
  • 301 rep

Yeah! I think the Check Please album is such a good record, i bet he would be pretty overwhelmed if someone spoke to him about them

It's so good, but Some Of The Young is my favorite though! I would love to speak to him about it, but no hopes of that happening anytime soon, I already missed out by missing the GDC-meet-up in Paris where they met him - was supposed to go :/

Chelsea831

Chelsea831
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2012
  • 195 rep
I want to meet them so unbelievably bad! It's been on my bucket list for years now. I feel if someone has had such a positive impact on your life, why wouldn't you want to meet them? At least to just say thank you and let them know how much you support everything they do. I just hope if and when it happens, I don't get so nervous I forget how to breathe :blush: .

billiejoe1

billiejoe1
  • You're In My Spot!

• 4,192 posts
  • Joined Dec 05, 2005
  • 358 rep
I've meet everyone except Tre. I got my pic with Billie and also had him say happy birthday to me on camera. I said hi to Mike at the FHTs show at Don Hills NYC when he was going in and when he came out he told us a dirty joke. I got a pic with Jason White and also got Jason Freeze and Jeff Matika's autograph.

Lindsey Love

Lindsey Love
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined Feb 21, 2011
  • 14 rep
I met Billie Joe briefly at Gilman Street after the Pinhead Gunpowder show in 2010. He was surrounded by security so it was a little hard to get ahold of him, but he said hello and smiled at me. I also met Jason White that night and got a picture with him. And then I actually got to talk to Billie after AI when he was St Jimmy. Ah... my heart. But anyway, the next year I actually had a full on conversation with Mike after the Gilman Frustrators show. I had gotten on stage with them during the Frutrators Jingle, and went and talked to him after the show. We spoke about bass amps and what kind of amps Billie uses too. I went to every Bay Area Frussie show and he remembered me and came and said hi at all of them. He was so sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users