Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Have you met Green Day?

229 posts in this topic

Posted

i've been on stage to sing longview.

i pretty much tackle-hugged billie, who then lifted me off the floor. then ran over and hugged mike as well, which was a little awkward because it was fom behind, haha.

and then i went up to tre during the song and played "air-drums" near him and he was like "yeaaahhh!!"

ooohhh memories! :wub:

(there's two video links in my sig if anyone wants to check that out, btw. the second link shows billie lifting me off the floor. haha) :P

2 people like this

Posted

i pretty much tackle-hugged billie, who then lifted me off the floor. then ran over and hugged mike as well, which was a little awkward because it was fom behind, haha.

and then i went up to tre during the song and played "air-drums" near him and he was like "yeaaahhh!!"

(there's two video links in my sig if anyone wants to check that out, btw. the second link shows billie lifting me off the floor. haha) :P

Oh, you lucky guy. I watched your videos on stage, gotta confess, you have beautiful voice from all the singers, through.

Posted

Wow that really disappoints me. People go out of their way to see these guys. Having a bad day is simply not a good enough excuse. Unprofessional and poor showmanship in my book. If he was "off-duty" as it were and on a family day out in town or something then I completely get if he would be a bit off with people making a fuss but whilst performing he should be nice to his fans.

I think that's really unfair for various reasons. Everybody can have a bad moment or a bad day when you'd rather keep to yourself. That's just human and just because the guys are famous rockstars, that doesn't mean they are super heroes who can be super nice all the time. It happens with everybody. I've also read of encounters with Mike and Tre where they obviously didn't really want to talk to the fans . That kind of thing obviously sucks for the people who meet them at that moment, but that's life, you can't expect to always be lucky. And I don't know who you mean by the people who go out of their way to see them. Do you talk about people who stalk them, wait for them at their hotel and walk the streets all day in the hopes of finding them? Because that's creepy, intrusive and certainly doesn't entitle you to meeting them and getting friendly behaviour from them. I'd be creeped out if I were them. And if you talk about the people who just normally attend a show, well they pay for a good show and not for a meet and greet. It's nice of the guys if they come out, talk to the fans and sign autographs, but they don't really owe anybody anthing more. They already give everything they can onstage.

Secondly, he wasn't "performing". That was at the screening of Cuatro, he sat down like everybody else at the cinema to watch the movie and not to sign autographs or anything, the *official meeting time* was more like when they were on the red carpet before and there was even a video of how they met some people then. Actually, I read Billie was even so nice as to offer the people in front of him his popcorn, doesn't sound as if he was an unfriendly bastard that day.

Thirdly - and most importantly - I think that's not even a good example of the guys showing *not nice* behaviour to the fans. Apparently he wasn't super nice and overly enthusiastic to her, but he didn't ignore her, he greeted her and acknowledged her tatoo. That's enough for a lot of people to get excited about. The only negativity in that experience (that he supposed was annoyed) might even stem from a misunderstanding of his reaction. There are all sorts of different explanations why he would have looked at her in a confused way. Like when you are deep in thought (someone suggested he probably rehearsed his speech in his mind) and you suddenly realise someone's talking to you and you wonder whether you missed something important. Or maybe something about the greeting made him wonder whether he should know her. Actually that was the first thing that came to my mind. When I read that post, I thought Tre had probably asked Billie "Did you know her?". Maybe when she showed him the tatoo and he answered her, it just dawned on him that she was just a fan and nobody familiar and that was mistakenly interpreted as him being sarcastic or anything negative. Or maybe he was just uncomfortable talking over other people's heads, depending on how they were seated relative to each other (which I don't know). I mean I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know if anything of that is true, I just want to say there are other explanations and people shouldn't always assume the worst.

On a bit of a different note, I have seen an incredible amout of pictures of fans with one of the guys, especially Billie, floating about this tour - more than I've ever seen on any tour before. They really seem to be out and about a lot and meeting a lot of fans - that's really sweet. I'd really love to hear more of the stories behind them :)

Posted

Not yet :shifty:

Posted

I met Mike, Billie Joe and Jason W in London :)

Mike is the nicest guy on Earth :wub: I met him twice and he was really talkative, BJ was really tired, so I just said Hi and he signed my BIAB, Jason (omg what a shy guy haha) he just said 'Hi' back and that's all. :D

How did you manage to meet them in London? You're so lucky :lol:

Posted

I love how the guys posting pictures of their surroundings on instagram is creating more opportunities for people to 'bump' into them :P

When I saw LTJ in Slovenia two months ago, we actually saw Buddy taking a picture of graffiti and putting it on instagram moments later. Was kind of funny to witness :lol:

Posted

I also got onstage and hugged him and he seemed just kind of surprised that anyone would do that.

Yeah, I remember thinking before the Belfast show: 'Ok, if you get on stage, just ASK Billie nicely if you can give him a hug.' But then when I actually did get on stage, this wave of adrenaline just took over and because he was so smiley and said 'Hi!' in such an excited voice when I got up there, I just sort of lunged towards him and gave him a massive squeeze. I just remember him saying 'Oh, ok!' in response, probably because I didn't actually say anything :lol:

...pfft, as if he was expecting me to formulate some sort of coherent sentence.

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I remember thinking before the Belfast show: 'Ok, if you get on stage, just ASK Billie nicely if you can give him a hug.' But then when I actually did get on stage, this wave of adrenaline just took over and because he was so smiley and said 'Hi!' in such an excited voice when I got up there, I just sort of lunged towards him and gave him a massive squeeze. I just remember him saying 'Oh, ok!' in response, probably because I didn't actually say anything :lol:

Haha he used to pretty much force kisses on guys without their permission on stage. I'd say giving him a friendly hug is fair game :lol:

Posted

Haha he used to pretty much force kisses on guys without their permission on stage. I'd say giving him a friendly hug is fair game :lol:

Exactly...it wasn't until afterwards when I thought 'Oh, I hope he didn't mind that I hugged him like that.' Bit late by then though :lol:

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly...it wasn't until afterwards when I thought 'Oh, I hope he didn't mind that I hugged him like that.' Bit late by then though :lol:

I'm sure he's used to it :P

Posted

Haha I know I was like "I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING," but then I realized I probably wouldn't have said anything that made sense :P I was just so happy he was performing and okay after rehab but I didn't wanna say anything about that to him obviously :lol:

Posted

I'm sure he's used to it :P

Ah yeah, be grand :D

Haha I know I was like "I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING," but then I realized I probably wouldn't have said anything that made sense :P I was just so happy he was performing and okay after rehab but I didn't wanna say anything about that to him obviously :lol:

Haha, it's like absolutely everything coming into your head at once about what not to say first :lol:

I just remembered that we actually met Billie in New York at the musical. How did I forget about that??

167232_10150149726447289_551058_n.jpg

This is my: 'I'm standing beside God...' expression

1 person likes this

Posted

Ah yeah, be grand :D

Haha, it's like absolutely everything coming into your head at once about what not to say first :lol:

I just remembered that we actually met Billie in New York at the musical. How did I forget about that??

167232_10150149726447289_551058_n.jpg

This is my: 'I'm standing beside God...' expression

HAHAH omg he looks homeless :P that's an epic picture though!

Posted

HAHAH omg he looks homeless :P that's an epic picture though!

I know, I often joke that he could pass off as 'the fan' :lol:

Posted

I met Mike :happy:

At the House of Guitars signing thing he did in Rochester. And he was SO NICE. I mean, everybody says that, but he really was. He's so personable.

I walked up there and I was nervous as hell cause I'd never met anybody famous before, let alone a member of my favourite band, so I had been like rehearsing what I was gonna say in my head and didn't end up saying any of it all :P But he shook my hand when I got up there and then I gave him the poster to sign, and it was kind of amusing cause it was this rare one I'd found in my room somewhere and he was like, "where the hell'd you get this thing?" and I just "\sflkhjllksjhs um out of a book somewhere aklfshjd" you know, like a total idiot, but then I managed to compose myself and he asked if my name has an E on the end when he was signing it, which was awesome because nobody ever asks that and I was glad that he did and then he shook my hand again and said "See you at the show tonight, Brooke!" and I almost had a heart attack basically.

Then afterwards I was all mad at myself cause I never asked him for a hug, dammit.

but hey, I met him and it was pretty much the best two minutes of my life.

4 people like this

Posted

/>

We should have a signature banner for those in the "Longview Club"

Posted

We should have a signature banner for those in the "Longview Club"

yes that's a good idea! even thought i wouldn't be part of this i think it could be great :)

Posted

I met the american idiot actors. It's something.

1 person likes this

Posted

/>

yes that's a good idea! even thought i wouldn't be part of this i think it could be great :)

Who makes the banners people have now?

Posted

Who makes the banners people have now?

most of people ask to Flo. i don't know if she would do it thought. :)

Posted

I've never met them, but I think I would turn into a tomato since my cheeks get noticeably red when I'm nervous.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I met them I think I'd break down into tears and they'd have a huge WTF moment. Had a few dreams where I met them. I'd consider them all nightmares. Cause I always fucked something up. Most recently I had Billie at my house. Then he left before I got to say anything to him. That's all I remember. Fuck me, right?

Posted

Billie Joe is a jerk, I would never want to meet him. I wanna meet Mike and Tre though (Mike and Tre fan).