Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

Unfortunately I think it happens quite a lot because a lot of famous people can be kind of arrogant and dismissive of fans, which is understandable in some ways because they deal with it every day. From what I've heard of other people who've met the band their accounts have always been really positive and warm :)

Unfortunately this kind happened to me last night at the Newport Beach Film Festival, I was sitting in the row in front of them. Billie was kind of keeping to himself but still interacting with the people directly infront of him. I thought if I don't say or do something to get his attention Ill really regret it so when he finally looked in my general direction I waved and said hi. He looked really confused like who te he'll are you and why are you saying hi to me. He said hi back but in a weird I shouldn't be saying hi to this person kind of way. so then I made a real ass of myself and showed him my Green Day tattoo, to what prove I'm such A big fan,?I don't know, i was desparate, anyway he just said yeah that's great but kind of sarcastically. Then Tre leaned over and asked him something and he just shook his head and turned around. I was really floored. I feel like that prt of 21 guns, "something inside my heart has died, I'm in ruins". I can only hope that if given the opportunity to meet him again I will be able to redeem myself and hopefully he won't remember me. Till then ill be kicking myself .

i would be scared to meet Green Day honestly.

they are kind of imaginary friends in a way .. like I have these made up character descriptions, ways of acting etc. in my head ( from seeing all the videos and shit)

and if i meet them I would probably overanalyze the incident for year. I proabably wouldn't be able to listen to their music for a long time if it was an awkward/ unfriendly/ weird exchange.

• Like 3

i would be scared to meet Green Day honestly.

they are kind of imaginary friends in a way .. like I have these made up character descriptions, ways of acting etc. in my head ( from seeing all the videos and shit)

and if i meet them I would probably overanalyze the incident for year. I proabably wouldn't be able to listen to their music for a long time if it was an awkward/ unfriendly/ weird exchange.

The imaginary friend thing is so spot on.

And the whole weird exchange thing is why I never intend to meet them. I wouldn't be able to get over it.

I also like to believe I'm a dignified individual and part of that means not putting myself in situations where I'd make a tit of myself. I wouldn't trust myself not to burst in tears out of sheer nervousness upon meeting them.

Unfortunately this kind happened to me last night at the Newport Beach Film Festival, I was sitting in the row in front of them. Billie was kind of keeping to himself but still interacting with the people directly infront of him. I thought if I don't say or do something to get his attention Ill really regret it so when he finally looked in my general direction I waved and said hi. He looked really confused like who te he'll are you and why are you saying hi to me. He said hi back but in a weird I shouldn't be saying hi to this person kind of way. so then I made a real ass of myself and showed him my Green Day tattoo, to what prove I'm such A big fan,?I don't know, i was desparate, anyway he just said yeah that's great but kind of sarcastically. Then Tre leaned over and asked him something and he just shook his head and turned around. I was really floored. I feel like that prt of 21 guns, "something inside my heart has died, I'm in ruins". I can only hope that if given the opportunity to meet him again I will be able to redeem myself and hopefully he won't remember me. Till then ill be kicking myself .

I'm genuinely really sorry to hear that :( he was probably just having an off day if he seemed reserved, and you couldn't have helped that anyway. Don't beat yourself up about it; I doubt he will remember it if you meet again since you didn't really do anything strange or bad.

• Like 1

It's my biggest wish to meet Green Day :ga:

OMG, I think I'm gonna die, when I meet them :runaround:

I really want to meet them an get an autograph :sorry: I'm sure that this is diffiult :ermm::ermm:

No :cry: I'd love to meet them though, just because their music has been a part of my life for seven years.

I'd probably freak out if I did meet them :runaround: unfortunately :dry:

Thanks to those that responded to my post with those encouraging words, I can't tell you how enormous of a help they were. I feel much better about the situation and will probably be laughing about it in a day or too. XXXOOOXXX

• Like 1

Yeah, don't worry. Billie seemed really awkward when I saw him. Tre, Tre was just being Tre, and Mike was really nice.

• Like 2

When I met Mike at the House of Guitars in Rochester, NY, for a meet n'greet, I was so excited. Who wouldn't be anyways? My aunt and I were 12th in line since 9 a.m. till 2 pm. It was long and tiring, but very well worth it!! He was amazing, he was so sweet and nice, but I did froze!! It did suck where the officials were speeding everybody up and couldn't really do more, but I wouldn't trade that memory for anything. Here's a video of myself and Mike at the signing. (0:09)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EohkBSI5MU

Mike definitely seems the most consistent when it comes to meeting fans. He sounds like he is always very approachable and kind to fans. For Tre, I've heard a really extreme range of experiences, from really good to really bad. And Billie seems to fall somewhere in the middle. I've heard of experiences and seen videos of many instances where he was very sweet and accessible, but I've also heard of some not so much bad as just awkward run-ins with him. But he strikes me as a rather awkward person, so this doesn't surprise me!

CoronerChik, I wouldn't worry about it! You didn't do anything wrong at all. I think Billie is sometimes in his own little bubble and doesn't know what is going on, lol.

Mike definitely seems the most consistent when it comes to meeting fans. He sounds like he is always very approachable and kind to fans. For Tre, I've heard a really extreme range of experiences, from really good to really bad. And Billie seems to fall somewhere in the middle. I've heard of experiences and seen videos of many instances where he was very sweet and accessible, but I've also heard of some not so much bad as just awkward run-ins with him. But he strikes me as a rather awkward person, so this doesn't surprise me!

CoronerChik, I wouldn't worry about it! You didn't do anything wrong at all. I think Billie is sometimes in his own little bubble and doesn't know what is going on, lol.

It completely depends on their mood and when you meet them, I think. Except for Tre- he is just Tre 100% of the time from what I can tell. When I met Tre he couldn't have been any more of his stereotypical self, if that makes any sense. A complete spaceshot with no sense of self-awareness whatsoever. It was classic.

For what it's worth, Mike was guarded and not in the least bit thrilled to meet me. Can't blame him (it was me meeting one of my idols after all, not vice versa), but he came across like he couldn't care less. I was fine with it- I was just happy to have the opportunity to meet him!

Billie was great, but I think I was just lucky enough to meet him at the right time and in a good moment. After I met him he Bill Schneider basically pushed him past some other fans to get him into his bus...they were probably behind schedule or something. Timing is everything when you meet people as famous as him, I guess.

And don't worry in the least about your experience at the film festival...I'm sure the whole experience was a blur for him, being surrounded by photographers and the event, etc. I'm sure he was still working out what he was going to say on stage in his mind (you know how before you feel before you give a public presentation and you're running through your speech? I'm sure he was doing that. I've given presentations in front of lots of people and chatted with people beforehand. The whole time I was rehearsing what I was going to say in the speech and just kind of aimlessley chatted with folks while not really paying attention to the conversation because of my nerves, if that makese sense).

• Like 2

I met Mike, and felt incredibly lucky that I did, especially in the scenario it was in (he was doing a meet & greet for the Frustrators, maybe 30 people showed up max).

He was the funniest, most humble guy ever, and only disappeared when djrossstar starting hounding him for an interview. He talked with my friends and I for a good while about Green Day and The Frustrators and his personal life, and took photos with us, and was just more than I had expected him to be. Even signed a Network CD for my friend ;)

I am forever grateful for that experience.

I met april 20th very well. Got stoned

Thanks to those that responded to my post with those encouraging words, I can't tell you how enormous of a help they were. I feel much better about the situation and will probably be laughing about it in a day or too. XXXOOOXXX

Who the hell are you?

I have met them :')

Funny story, actually. They were doing a meet and greet in Hollywood back in '09 and all the wristbands had sold out, but I decided to go anyway. So, people are already lining up and all and I didn't want to get in the line, because I didn't want to get kicked out by security. But my mom made me :lol: she was like "get in there :mad: " and as soon as I got to the end of the line, there was this lady who was with her kids and her husband, they all had wristbands and she said "I don't feel like going, so if anyone here asks me for my wristband, I'll give it to them" So, of course, with no doubt I was like "CAN I HAVE IT? :woot: " And she gave it to me. So, I am thankful for that lady because I got to meet my idols thanks to her. Mike gave me a fistbump and I remember Billie looking at me and asking me if the cd he had just signed was mine. He wrote my name and signed my poster and I asked him if I could touch him (I know, the most retarded question ever, but what could I do? I was fourteen and I was fangirling BIG TIME ) and he smiled and grabbed my hand.. he was so warm :') and then Tré held my hand and signed my poster too.

4270_86335358639_3521746_n.jpg

And then I met Billie again last year at an Emily's Army show. I didn't get to talk to him much, because everyone was pretty much tackling him and during the show I was paying attention to EA playing :P . I got an autograph, but I mailed that one to my best friend in Argentina :)

• Like 3

I don't think anyone could possibly react well when meeting their idols. I mean look at Cuatro when the guys are informed that Keith Richards wants to talk to them, they all just freeze up :lol:

If I was in a band and a tech or manager told me "hey dude the guys from Green Day want to talk to you" I would probably shit myself. Literally.

• Like 1

Who the hell are you?

I don't quite understand your question . Who am I? Nobody. That's why Billie dismissed me lol!

Who the hell are you?

Hang on a second. Are you suggesting you got stoned with the band? Because if you are that is the most pathetic lie I've ever read on this site.

And if not, could you please clarify what you mean by 'I met April 20th very well. Got stoned.'?

If I ever saw any of them in public... I'd just start singing Basketcase as loudly as I could and then walk right on up to them with a big smile on my face, say, "I'm Marion and I got into you guys' music almost ten short years ago now!"

Yeah I did when I was like 12 on the AI tour they had a signing before there show in Toronto it wasn't much of a meeting just got my AI album signed by Billie and Mike no Tré unfortunately. But that's it.

If I ever saw any of them in public... I'd just start singing Basketcase as loudly as I could and then walk right on up to them with a big smile on my face, say, "I'm Marion and I got into you guys' music almost ten short years ago now!"

Wow. You must be quite confident to even consider pulling that one off.

I will commend you when you get round to it.

Of course I would love to meet them, but I don't want to force myself to try to meet them or to try to "prove" myself. I don't want it to be just a quick autograph and hello. I don't know how it would ever happen. Maybe a meet and greet? Maybe an in-store signing where you get to talk to them one-on-one for a little bit? I'm just as awkward as they would be so the moment to meet them needs to be perfect and awkward-free :lol: