Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

No i never meet them, i don´t even been closed to meet them. It´s one of mi biggest dreams, and i really hope that maybe one day come true. It´s really hard for me read this stories of people that already had that chance to meet them or even see them live, but at the same time it´s great to see that someone already made that dream come true. I really really hope that happens to me one day not to far from here. :sorry:

Part of me thinks I should just suck it up and meet them, because it would be one of the most amazing experiences ever. But the other part of me then imagines what I'd do if I met them, and I get frazzled and panic attack-y just thinking about it. I'm not the type who is eager to meet any kind of famous person. I'd get frazzled if I met a d-list celebrity, I think. The idea just freaks me out for some reason. So the idea of meeting Green Day, three of the most important people in my life? God. I'm not a dramatic person but I really think I'd pass out, lol.

I had VIP passes to Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, and i was going to camp out at the Burbank meet and greet. Then iHeart happened the very day before I was suppoed to meet them for the first time. It was heartbreaking, but Billie's choice to get well instead of doing the promotional appearences was definetly for the best. Crossing my fingers they'll be rescheduled!

Oh yeah, and apparently I've met Mike. When I was in 4th grade, Mike's daugher Estelle went to my tiny, unknown private school in LA while the guys were recording 21CB. I remember hearing that someone from Green Day's daughter went to my school and never quite figured out it was her until I got super into them 2 FREAKING YEARS LATER and looked in the yearbook. I knew Estelle pretty well too! I never formally met Mike, but I remember a man wearing chains on his jeans going up to my friend and asking her what time it was.... it was definetly Mike. And Brixton was just born that year so Brittney brought him up to be "blessed" at my school church thing. And Mike personally called my friend after seeing my school's awful concert to tell him how much he reminded him of Billie when he was that age. WHY WAS I SO YOUNG?

I'm just ranting now, but as you can see the thought of my idol walking around my small campus angers me.

• Like 4

So back in February of 2011 I went to the Frustrators show in LA at the troubadour and knew that i would probably get to meet the band at some point that night. so i went to the merch stand and hung out with jason and terry and then we went in because the show was about to start. The first band goes on and it is me, my dad and my girlfriend. Yeah i was 17 and at a concert with my dad, but im now 19 and still dont drive and plus hes digs all the music i listen to and loves shows so i'm totally fine.as the first band is playing my dad turns around and whose behind us in the pit? Mike. My dad shakes his hand and says hows it going. But then these girls went up to mike and put papers in his face most likely to sign and he looked bugged and moved and started moshing in the middle. I could have cried because i thought that i missed my chance to meet Mike. Then we watched the show and had a bunch of fun. and after the show we hung around the stage to see if we could find Mike and had no luck. so we went back to the merch stand after the show to actually buy the stuff we wanted. we stood in line and i was sad then out of nowhere when were at the front of the line Mike runs up and sits on the couch next to us! We talked and got pictures and told him how awesome the show was and stuff. He was said he was pretty drunk and had to look at our pictures to make sure he didnt look too bad. but yeah super nice and funny and something ill remember forever. Then when i went to the American Idiot musical he sat a few rows in front of our group and i'm sure if my cousins didnt fight and force me to leave early i could have talked to him again. but i cant complain. i was also supposed to go to the Jimmy Kimmel Show and Burbank signing that got cancelled which also seem like they would be good opportunities.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

^ I'm the girlfriend in that paragraph, so yeah, met Mike @ The Frustrators show (picture below). To add- we hugged and he said it was a great hug and that made my life. Ahah! He's very nice. ALSO- Jason from the Frustrators is the shit. He's awesome. Ahah. Met him there and he was cracking jokes and being hilarious then also continued to talk to him a lot on facebook after he's very friendly.

But also I went to that Hot Topic Meet & Greet in 2009 and met everybody! Stuffismessedup was supposed to go too but when my mom went to buy the 2 shirts to get wristbands, they only allowed her to get one and he wasn't able to get one before the date :'( Snooty Hot Topic employees... But yeah. It was really cool I got a little too excited. Mike talked to me a little but I was just so, I guess starstruck, at the time that I didn't really hear him but I shook his hand and told him that they were wonderful. Then Billie was very sweet. I told him they were wonderful too and he was like "Awww, thanks! What's your name?" And put my name on the autograph and was all sweet. People were saying Tre was sick or jet lagged that day cause he was totally quiet so that was kinda a bummer. Very cool experience none the less:

222878_1110986746328_4706044_n.jpg

• Like 1

At a concert from the 2010 tour, Tre and Mike were driving motorcycles around the parking area at the venue. Tre drove right by me and basically parked a few feet away. Speechless.

• Like 1

I've had a few brief encounters with Billie in NY in 2011 where I managed to exchange a few words with him, chatted with Mike during the Frustrators tour that year as well, and on one of those dates got to say hi to Jason White. I had a few amazing conversations with Jason Freese in 2010 (during the GD tour) who is the loveliest guy out there, seriously. Tre awkwardly held/stroked my hand in Toronto 2010 :lol:

Photos of these encounters are on my GDC profile if you're really that interested :)

Over the last 16 years of being a fan I have met them serveral times and the only thing I could say is that it all depends on their mood. I met them in 2000 at Musique Plus and Tre was really fun and full of energy. I met them again in 2001 and Mike was kind of a dick to me because he was in a circle smoking up and I guess I "interrupted" with my very innocent "great show." I met them again in 2004 and Billie Joe was a complete sweet heart. Very kind and approachable. Tre was a complete asshole and very high on himself. He literally told me that if I didnt have tits, he didnt want to talk to me. Mike was pleasant this time. In 2009 I got to hang out with Mike with 2 other of my friends in front of the Crystal hotel at 2 am, and he stood out there with us for about 40 mins being totally sweet and just shooting the shit. Billie came by and stuck around for 3-5 mins and was really nice as well. Tre blew everyone off and walked straight through...no one tried to stop him lol

So those are my experiences. Mike super sweet, Billie very nice quiet and polite, and Tre...

He also told me a great story about Belinda Carlisle and her boobs,

What was the story about her boobs?

Edited by jayjaded

At wembley stadium in 2010 me and my friend queued for hours to get in and we were going to the toilet one at a time to keep our place in the queue. Id just got back from my toilet trip and my friend went off to go. when he came back he said that whilst going for a pee billie joe and a huge bouncer walked in and he went for a pee a few urinals down from him, billie joe was in his normal clothes and was wearing a hat and sunglasses so was looking rather inconspicous. my friend clocked him as did a couple of other people in there but most people didnt, my friend said it was really funny because everyone that noticed him was really awkward because, you got to let a man pee in peace. so they kind of hovered around near him and NO ONE said anything at all. Then billie joe zipped up and walked out (without washing his hands). and all these people my friend included, were all gutted that they got that close to meeting him but just ended up watching him pee.

closest I came to meeting them was front row of the bullet in a bible premier in london early 2006. tre frowned at me because I took a picture and forgot I had the flash on.

At wembley stadium in 2010 me and my friend queued for hours to get in and we were going to the toilet one at a time to keep our place in the queue. Id just got back from my toilet trip and my friend went off to go. when he came back he said that whilst going for a pee billie joe and a huge bouncer walked in and he went for a pee a few urinals down from him, billie joe was in his normal clothes and was wearing a hat and sunglasses so was looking rather inconspicous. my friend clocked him as did a couple of other people in there but most people didnt, my friend said it was really funny because everyone that noticed him was really awkward because, you got to let a man pee in peace. so they kind of hovered around near him and NO ONE said anything at all. Then billie joe zipped up and walked out (without washing his hands). and all these people my friend included, were all gutted that they got that close to meeting him but just ended up watching him pee.

closest I came to meeting them was front row of the bullet in a bible premier in london early 2006. tre frowned at me because I took a picture and forgot I had the flash on.

Lol I dunno if I believe that one honestly. He wound have no reason to use the public toilets there

Lol I dunno if I believe that one honestly. He wound have no reason to use the public toilets there

your sceptisicm is well placed. I thought he might be making it up too, but to be honest its such a pointless story I very much doubt my lazyarse friend would be bothered to make it up. If he was making it up hed be more likely to tell me he met him and got invited backstage and asked to help work out their setlist for the night or something stupid like that.

Maybe billie wanted to kill some time by going for a walk and then just got caught short, these wernt the public loos inside of the stadium after all, these were public loos outside of the stadium, hence why we were using them whilst queuing.

Then billie joe zipped up and walked out (without washing his hands).

Your friend got a look into Billie's questionable toilet habits. Niiiiiiice.

I'd love to meet them, but I have no idea what I'd talk about. I would probably just tell them that their my favorite band and I love them and all that. I don't think I'd freak out or anything, I'm pretty good at staying calm in such situations. I think... lol. I hope I'd be able to do that, otherwise it would be embarrassing.

I would love to meet Green Day. However, part of me doesn't as well.

Hypothetically I won a meet and greet and then I got to hang out with them or however they do it, I would be nervous beyond belief but not because i was meeting Green Day. I wouldn't want to come across as this boring person who could only talk to them about music. I wouldn't know what else to talk about and that just seems so impersonal, in my opinion.

I was in Oslo back in 2010 when I met Tré. We were eating cakes in front of Grand Hotel on the other side of the street(me and my friend), then she said "there is Green Day". I just ignored her because it couldn't be true. But then I looked up and saw this white van, then Green Day jumped out.

Billie walking straight into the hotel, Jason too. But Mike stood outside for a few seconds. So I was just about to cross the street, with my thoughts all around the universe and nowhere to be seen at the same time, when he left too. I managed to scream his name just before, he smiled at me, whipped out his tongue and gave me the rock fist. Or whatever its called.

Me and my friend stayed outside the entrance for an hour. Then I saw Tré walking towards us, towards me. The guy I've been worshipping since I was eight. I knew I wouldn't be able to speak, and would regret it so bad if I didn't.

I said "Tré..." with a calm voice, he looked at me. "Can I get a high five?". He looked at me with a strange face, my friend made the camera ready and he gave me an epic and powerful high five. For not more than 4 seconds we "held hands" and posed for the camera. I just stared at him, and smiled for all my face muscles were worth. The greatest moment so far in my life.

Besides Tré, I've met the drummer of Billy Talent and spoke to him for a while. And also every member of bring me the horizon, I speaked to them for a while and helped them carry boxes. That was also pretty epic, since they're my second favorite band.

• Like 2

I remember I met Billie Joe in front of the St James Theater one if the times I went to go see AI (and got a pic with him) - I was sooooo happy.

And didnt Mike say that he sometimes is outside of venues where theyre playing and gives thinking (or did I imagine hearing that?)

That gave me hope that if I go early enough and hang out outside of said venue I might see him :)

I met Tre when they came here he was riding around on a little motorcycle and i was walking to the venue from the parking center and he was stopped at a red light and i ran out in the middle of the street and got a pic with him but he was worried I was going to get hit he was really cool about it !

your sceptisicm is well placed. I thought he might be making it up too, but to be honest its such a pointless story I very much doubt my lazyarse friend would be bothered to make it up. If he was making it up hed be more likely to tell me he met him and got invited backstage and asked to help work out their setlist for the night or something stupid like that.

Maybe billie wanted to kill some time by going for a walk and then just got caught short, these wernt the public loos inside of the stadium after all, these were public loos outside of the stadium, hence why we were using them whilst queuing.

Yeah but the lines for those toilets were ridiculous, there's no way he would have just strolled into one and I don't see him waiting around either

Yeah but the lines for those toilets were ridiculous, there's no way he would have just strolled into one and I don't see him waiting around either

there wasn any queues for the loos at this stage. It was like 11am. Who knows if its true ay, who knows if anythings true. we will never know. my friend said it, I posted it, life will go on :)