Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

I met them backstage at the VMA's. Best night ever!! Well I met Tre in the pit and everyone else in the back.

• Like 1

I had the chance to meet Billie a few times in New York, I could have walked up to him and tapped his shoulder if I wanted to. I dunno though, it just felt weird, like not right or something. If I do meet them by chance one day then that's awesome, but if not that's cool too. They remember me (or Billie does anyway, not sure about Mike and Tre now, haha) from past shows and I've had a lot of interaction with them as well, so that's good enough for me. :happy:

I met Tré once, Billie twice and Jason Fresse and Jeff Matika as well. But wasn't their a thread like this already?

Hey, you failed to tell me this! Stories for next time we meet!

Id love to meet Jason! Wierdly i became a big Influents fan back in 2001 when i heard the Check Please album without even realising it was him on vocals. I would love to speak to him and that stuff, i doubt he gets many people talk to him about non green day stuff. Id love to whack out both albums and ask for a signature :D

The Influents albums are SO good! The Big Cats too! And his own 45!

The Influents albums are SO good! The Big Cats too! And his own 45!

Yeah! I think the Check Please album is such a good record, i bet he would be pretty overwhelmed if someone spoke to him about them

Yeah! I think the Check Please album is such a good record, i bet he would be pretty overwhelmed if someone spoke to him about them

It's so good, but Some Of The Young is my favorite though! I would love to speak to him about it, but no hopes of that happening anytime soon, I already missed out by missing the GDC-meet-up in Paris where they met him - was supposed to go :/

I want to meet them so unbelievably bad! It's been on my bucket list for years now. I feel if someone has had such a positive impact on your life, why wouldn't you want to meet them? At least to just say thank you and let them know how much you support everything they do. I just hope if and when it happens, I don't get so nervous I forget how to breathe :blush: .

I've meet everyone except Tre. I got my pic with Billie and also had him say happy birthday to me on camera. I said hi to Mike at the FHTs show at Don Hills NYC when he was going in and when he came out he told us a dirty joke. I got a pic with Jason White and also got Jason Freeze and Jeff Matika's autograph.

I met Billie Joe briefly at Gilman Street after the Pinhead Gunpowder show in 2010. He was surrounded by security so it was a little hard to get ahold of him, but he said hello and smiled at me. I also met Jason White that night and got a picture with him. And then I actually got to talk to Billie after AI when he was St Jimmy. Ah... my heart. But anyway, the next year I actually had a full on conversation with Mike after the Gilman Frustrators show. I had gotten on stage with them during the Frutrators Jingle, and went and talked to him after the show. We spoke about bass amps and what kind of amps Billie uses too. I went to every Bay Area Frussie show and he remembered me and came and said hi at all of them. He was so sweet.

I met Green Day at a meet and greet in 2010. Mike signed my cd and said nothing, Billie signed my cd and passed it on, the Tre signed it and said "I like your shirt" (I was wearing my Foxboro Hottubs one) and I said "thanks, I was trying to be different" and Billie looked up from whatever he was signing and said " different is good" and I said "thanks" and grabbed my stuff and ran out of the store. Then I started crying a little, so I put on my sunglasses and continued out of the mall. It was intense is all, and I'm an emotional person, I'm just glad I didn't lose it in front of them. I was prefectly happy just getting something signed and be on my way, but that I conversed with them... it was awesome.

• Like 2

I met Mike at the Frustrators. He was a massive goofball that kept yelling at me and pushed me around a couple of times. He can't draw/write or read music, and he is a snarky asshole :D

Everything i've always hoped he would be...

Seriously. I really just want to say hi and have them say hi back and not be giant pompous dicks. I don't think they are but i just need that confirmation. Though i'm not sure what i would do if they were jerks... it would be like losing 20 years of my life, and everything that i like and i do.

Everything i've always hoped he would be...

Seriously. I really just want to say hi and have them say hi back and not be giant pompous dicks. I don't think they are but i just need that confirmation. Though i'm not sure what i would do if they were jerks... it would be like losing 20 years of my life, and everything that i like and i do.

Well I can't speak for Billie and Tre (except the couple of times that I've spoken to them that didn't really count, like bumping into them in an airport and being like "HI!"), but Mike is everything you could hope for haha. I asked him to draw a bass clef behind my ear and he drew a dot and goes "It's a beauty spot!" and then left the building and went home. it was amazing haha, little asshole.

• Like 2

I have never met them, praying I hopefully will someday, but I know if I ever did see them randomly on the street I would probably be too nervous to say anything and then be super pissed later on that I didn't say anything. It's happened to me with bands before. If I do ever get the chance to meet them I am afraid I'll pass out from excitement!

I'd love to meet Green Day. It's the first thing on my Bucket List. So far I've only met them in my dreams :ermm: . Haha I wouldn't want to freak out a scream and jump on them though. I would try and play it cool. Mike did wave to my sisters, friend and I. We saw him down by the tour buses and we were at the top walking back to line and we saw Mike we all screamed Mike, Mike, Mike then he turned around help up his bass and waved. Haha made our day, so much cooler than running into Hunter from AFI moments after that. I wanna meet themso bad!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have you ever met Billie, Mike, Tré or Jason?

Or do you have any autographs?

This summer I met Mike and Tré in Mönchengladbach, Germany ; It was awesome!

I got an autograph form Mike:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435280319851916&set=pb.433363333376948.-2207520000.1356969313&type=3&theater

• Like 1

Yep :D

I have an autograph of them !

It's the cover of the Dookie tape, signed in 1994 !

holy shit you're an OLD lucky fan haha :) Amazing

And I like that thread idea though :)

When I was 10 I met an old man who said he was Billie Joe's dad in a playground. We played together for hours.

I found out years later that his dad was dead :mellow:

When I was 10 I met an old man who said he was Billie Joe's dad in a playground. We played together for hours.

I found out years later that his dad was dead :mellow:

Where did you met him?

Why did you know billie, he was´nt famous as a kid

Have you ever met Billie, Mike, Tré or Jason?

Or do you have any autographs?

This summer I met Mike and Tré in Mönchengladbach, Germany ; It was awesome!

I got an autograph form Mike:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435280319851916&set=pb.433363333376948.-2207520000.1356969313&type=3&theater

There's already a thread for this, so I've merged your thread into this one and you can all carry on the conversation here. In future remember to search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

There's already a thread for this, so I've merged your thread into this one and you can all carry on the conversation here. In future remember to search to see if there's already a thread for something before you make one :thumbsup:

yeah I forgot that..

okay, thanks! :)

I've never met them, and would like to to, but at the same time I wouldn't. I am a really socially awkward individual, even mores so in unfamiliar unnerving situations, who can barely cross a room with knocking something over and I dread to think of the embarrassing things I could end up saying or doing if I met any one or all of them.