Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

I've seen or read more than one interview that states that Mike is a fucking dick when he wakes up, you lucky duck c:

Hahaha yeah I know, I really wasn't expecting him to be that pleasant!

Bet he wouldn't have been if we had in fact screamed at him though. :lol:

Fuck this is so unfair :happy: I wish I could meet them so bad, I would really love to meet Billie though :ermm:

I never met them because when they went in Italy, I couldn't go ...

But I'm sure that when they will come here again I will go :D

i'd probably ask them if they know the "Revealed Thread" here on GDC :lol: and if they say no, i'd say: "Y'know there are awesome pics of ya'll, you have to check it out !!" jk :lol:

lol what thread?xD ive never heard of that thread xd

I wanna meet them, but I'd probably freak out, I don't want to do that :runaround: you're all so lucky though :lol:

i'd probably ask them if they know the "Revealed Thread" here on GDC :lol: and if they say no, i'd say: "Y'know there are awesome pics of ya'll, you have to check it out !!" jk :lol:

Hang on, I haven't heard of that thread either, where is that one :blink: It sounds like my kind of thread ;)

If I met Green Day, it would be one of the best, probably the best day of my life. From what I heard, they sound really nice. I just don't wanna fangirl and stuff. But firstly I'm gonna have to get to a concert

A few times actually. I probably won't even try next tour because then I'd feel as if I were being greedy.They are my second favorite band (behind GnR) and I am just lucky that I have a pic with all three together:) I'm the dude in the POISON shirt and Billie Joe was grabbing my shoulders which is why my face looks goofy:

greendayAI04.jpg

• Like 1

A few times actually. I probably won't even try next tour because then I'd feel as if I were being greedy.They are my second favorite band (behind GnR) and I am just lucky that I have a pic with all three together:) I'm the dude in the POISON shirt and Billie Joe was grabbing my shoulders which is why my face looks goofy:

How do you get backstage so much?!

I have never met them, but next tour round I am determined I shall.

No idea what I'd say though, I would make a complete tit of myself and regret how I acted as soon as they were gone I'm sure. I've met Frank Turner three times and I've been completely star struck and had no idea what to say each time. Meeting Green Day is on a completely different scale; if I were to meet them I doubt I'd be able to get any words out at all.

I haven't met them, 'cause I live in stupid fucking Italy.

Somewhat I both would and would not like to meet them. On the one hand, I would like to meet them to tell them how fucking much their songs mean to me, on the other hand I wouldn't like to meet them just because I'm afraid I might be disappointed by their behaviour towards me or generally towards fans, because I don't have a fucking clue about how they really are.

• 6 months later...

Met them outside the Radio One studio when they had that interview last month :D the night before the london show before i continued queuing for it :)

Can't believe it actually happened!

I met Mike & Tre in 2009 after the Detroit show. They came out and signed autographs for a little while and they were soooo nice. Tre was telling some story about a hot girl he saw at Starbucks and he was really funny :lol: Then I met Billie in 2011 at American Idiot. Still can't believe that any of it actually happened.

I got a wave from them outside their minibus a few years back, was bit gutted cause we waiting for about 4 hours to say hey to them.

I would like to say id be really cool around them but id probably end up acting like i 12 year old girl.

I am a huge Jimmy Eat World fan (actually on par with GD on my fav band), and last year i was sat in a bar after seeing them, and Jim Adkins came and sat on the chair next to me, i literally tried to compose myself and soon as i tried talking to him i ended up like a little girl.

So if i was like that to him, i would be so bad if i actually meet Green Day

• Like 1

Green Day is one of my favorite bands, but I don't really care if I ever meet them or not.

They're just people, nothing more nothing less. It's amazing how a little fame can warp people's perceptions.

• Like 1

I've never met them and had a real conversation with them. But I got to go on stage with them in June 2010, and also snatched a picture with Billie and got a few autographs when he did his run as St. Jimmy in February. He remembered me after a few nights. :runaround: Amazing!

• Like 2

I met Jason White in Paris. Chased him running through the streets while carrying an inflatable sausage with "it's fuck time" written on it. He was really nice! Gave me 2 guitar picks too!

• Like 1

I met Jason White in Paris. Chased him running through the streets while carrying an inflatable sausage with "it's fuck time" written on it. He was really nice! Gave me 2 guitar picks too!

Id love to meet Jason! Wierdly i became a big Influents fan back in 2001 when i heard the Check Please album without even realising it was him on vocals. I would love to speak to him and that stuff, i doubt he gets many people talk to him about non green day stuff. Id love to whack out both albums and ask for a signature :D