Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

@Billie Hoe I'm extremely happy for you! It's such a great story and lovely photos!

You look so cute btw! I absolutely love the part where he kept telling you how to pose to take your photo!

Have fun at the concert!

• Like 1

Now imagine if he were to post that photo he took on his account...
We still say you should go up tomorrow.
T'was great hearing your story!

• Like 2

@Paola17 I considered not telling anyone and then waiting for my Facebook friends to see it being posted by Green Day :D But that's not very likely. It was also not his phone but an analog camera, so he would have to print them out and photograph them again to upload them on instagram :D Maybe I'll end up in a photo album though, who knows?:wub:

• Like 1

What a story! <3 Who can say they met Billie and he randomly decided to take pictures of them :D It's cool that he takes pictures for himself with an analog camera, who knows where they'll end up. And the selfies you took together are really cute :happy: Reading this made me happy, hope you have an amazing time tomorrow as well!

• Like 1

Got to sing Longview with them in Malmö yesterday.

I was completely into the moment and just appreciated the fact I was there with my heroes - I forgot selfie, kiss and everything else because it didn't really felt like it mattered. The smiles on Billie's, Tré's and Mike's faces made my life complete and I easily consider 2017-01-28 as the best day of my life! I can also understand why the band have such an incredible amount of energy when they're on stage - Green Day fans are amazing!

29 minutes ago, Clyngedal said:

Yes...

I met Jason White outside their hotel in Oslo back in 2010. He came out all alone (probably just to draw som fresh air). There were a few "fans" around the hotel, but none of them even recognized him as a Green Day member... Kinda funny, as he's always been really interesting and cool to me. I got a picture with him, of which I have lost the original, and the only copy I have was the shitty compressed version I used to have as my profile picture on here. 

But that's ok now, CAUSE I MET BILLIE, MIKE AND TRÉ LAST WEDNESDAY!!!! 

I know, I know, Billie hates phones and selfies at shows, but I couldn't help myself :(

Y'know man.... You were simply amazing!

Edited by SigneGD
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, SigneGD said:

Got to sing Longview with them in Malmö yesterday.

I was completely into the moment and just appreciated the fact I was there with my heroes - I forgot selfie, kiss and everything else because it didn't really felt like it mattered. The smiles on Billie's, Tré's and Mike's faces made my life complete and I easily consider 2017-01-28 as the best day of my life! I can also understand why the band have such an incredible amount of energy when they're on stage - Green Day fans are amazing!

Y'know man.... You were simply amazing!

Thanks!

And congrats to you as well. 
To be honest I don't remeber that much of the actual time on stage. It almost feels like one of those dreams that only last for 2 minutes, yet leave this big impact on you. Very weird feeling, but definetly awesome! :D I think I ran up the steps in front of  Tré before I got the microphone but I don't know why - I mean, he was busy playing drums x) 

My girlfriend tells me BJ kept notioning and telling me to "get down" :lol: I seriously never heard him say that! Haha! 

Funfact  for the gear-nerds: the vocal monitoring on stage was aboslutely terrible - because they all use in-ears monitors! I'm not complaining at all - I fell like I'm on top of the world still - but I think the band doesn't have a single monitor on stage! I could hear bass, drums and guitar alright, but the only vocal sound I could hear of myself was from the PA, which is in front and far above the stage :P 

Edited by Clyngedal
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clyngedal said:

Thanks, dude!

And congrats to you as well. You did great! 
To be honest I don't remeber that much of the actual time on stage. It almost feels like one of those dreams that only last for 2 minutes, yet leave this big impact on you. Very weird feeling, but definetly awesome! :D I think I ran up the steps in front of  Tré before I got the microphone but I don't know why - I mean, he was busy playing drums x) 

My girlfriend tells me BJ kept notioning and telling me to "get down" :lol: I seriously never heard him say that! Haha! 

Funfact  for the gear-nerds: the vocal monitoring on stage was aboslutely terrible - because they all use in-ears monitors! I'm not complaining at all - I fell like I'm on top of the world still - but I think the band doesn't have a single monitor on stage! I could hear bass, drums and guitar alright, but the only vocal sound I could hear of myself was from the PA, which is in front and far above the stage :P 

Haha, oh wow!

Oh God....I totally agree! I just had a lot of energy being up on stage! I actually had this thought to run up to Tré, but it just didn't happen - as for me when I'm overwhelmed - I noticed I only did what Billie told me to do. You know, like the brain stopped working and just went all mechanic because it was too shocked to be able to do anything else! :runaround: 

Yeah! Oh gosh! I didn't hear anything from the microphone, and I was terrified to actually go all out with my voice and I ended up just trying to remember the lyrics!!!! (of course I mixed up the lyrics). But Meh....I didn't care...This was the greatest thing ever! Seeing the big guys play at the arena and being a part of that is a feeling you just cannot describe!

By the way, your hair was so cool!! :D

Edited by SigneGD

You're all so lucky and your stories are great. I don't think I would have the courage to follow them around and approach them. I get pretty shy. 

I'm so happy for you! That is amazing:woot: I can only imagine. Also, your hair is awesome by the way.

-And Billie uses a film camera too!!! I'm not the only one :dance:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I'm so happy for you! That is amazing:woot: I can only imagine. Also, your hair is awesome by the way.

-And Billie uses a film camera too!!! I'm not the only one :dance:

You're in the cool club! Film cameras are great. I'm too lazy and use a phone, though. 

• Like 1

I love all of your stories :wub:

Well, I've met Tre after the show in Berlin, but it's nothing special compared to your experiences. Anyway he was so nice and asked me to teach him few words in Polish :lol:

• Like 3

I met Tre once after a show. Not the other two. Don't really care to meet the others, maybe the Jason's, they're pretty cool.

• 1 year later...

What an awesome story:wub: Wish we had more Tré stories like this.

Btw, there's already a thread for this:

• Like 1

i met mike at an autograph signing at a local music store a few years back. he stopped in for an hour. got him to sign a picture. closest i got to meeting tre was a hand shake when he was coming of a roller coaster at the concert venue i saw them at

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Btw, there's already a thread for this:

@Reverend Twitch I've merged your thread with the existing topic mentioned above.

Before you create a new thread, it's best to search for whether a similar one already exists, to help keep things organized. Welcome to GDC! 

Feel free to post a thread in here and introduce yourself as a new member, by the way.

I have what I call PBS or  Post Billie Syndrome after meeting him last month some of the symptoms include the following:

Happy spasms 

Shock

Need to tell everyone and anyone about event 

Heart palpitations 

Excessive Giddines and the occasional intense though of omg I met the mother f@#$r and I got to touch him!!!

I also got to talk to Bill Schneider I met Jeff and I exchanged hellos with Adrienne in  the hall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want to meet them too! So badly. I haven’t meet them because they never came to my state I live in. It been a goal of mine to meet them honestly I never met rock stars before so I probably cry not because I’m upset but just tears of joy it would be an honor and the world to me 

I didn't meet them per se, but when I lived in Oakland, I saw all of them around town living life at least once.

I walked in to Broken Guitars one afternoon because I got off work early. The only people in their where Billie, Chris Dugan and Bill. They were all on their phones talking about "pray for Paris". I'm not the person to want to autographs or a picture. I prefer to have a natural conversation. They seemed a bit preoccupied, so I was just a fly on the wall for about 5 mins. As I left I said "bye" and "thanks for the music Billie Joe!"

I left and looked up "Paris" once I got to my car. I learned about the Bataclan attack, which was still underway. 

I'm sort of glad I didn't strike up a conversation, because they were clearly reading about this. Oh well.

• Like 2