Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

3 minutes ago, pols4tre said:

I met Billie Joe in NYC during the whole St Jimmy / American Idiot musical era in 2010: Photo

I was also picked to go on stage with the guys in Berlin 2012: Photo

Most recent was this Saturday just gone, when I met Tre while I was out and about in London: Photo

I've not met Mike at all, which I would absolutely love to do!

Holy shit, you are a lucky girl! Seems like you're definitely the right person to hang out with :happy:

• Like 4

Met Tre over 10 years ago. Going to try to meet Billie and Mike at one of the shows next year...fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I met Billie Joe earlier this year near 1234 Go! Records and Broken Guitars in Oakland (it turned into a big deal when I did).

I met Mike twice at Gilman St., at the Pinhead Gunpowder and Frustrators shows in 2010 and 2011.

I met Tre in 2015 at an Oakland A's game.

I met Jason Freese at the NAMM show in 2013.

Each was a positive experience, and much too brief...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Insomniac186 said:

I met Billie Joe earlier this year near 1234 Go! Records and Broken Guitars in Oakland (it turned into a big deal when I did).

I met Mike twice at Gilman St., at the Pinhead Gunpowder and Frustrators shows in 2010 and 2011.

I met Tre in 2015 at an Oakland A's game.

I met Jason Freese at the NAMM show in 2013.

Each was a positive experience, and much too brief...

Wasn't that encounter at Broken Guitars the occasion where he revealed to you the release period for Revolution Radio?

3 hours ago, Dakke said:

Wasn't that encounter at Broken Guitars the occasion where he revealed to you the release period for Revolution Radio?

Exactly.

I met Billie in my dream a few weeks ago. It was for a screening of Ordinary World. Hopefully one day I'll be able to share a real life story, but for now, I'm enjoying all the ones posted here! 

Damn I wish. :lol: I like to think I know myself inside and out, but I have no clue what I'd do if put in the presence of them... I don't even know what I'd say or how I'd react. :shok: I (hope) I'd act chill and awesome, but the chances are I'd be grovelling at their feet, bawling something along the lines of 'thank you' and 'you are god.' :lol: 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pols4tre said:

I met Billie Joe in NYC during the whole St Jimmy / American Idiot musical era in 2010: Photo

I was also picked to go on stage with the guys in Berlin 2012: Photo

Most recent was this Saturday just gone, when I met Tre while I was out and about in London: Photo

I've not met Mike at all, which I would absolutely love to do!

Where in London did you meet Tre? :runaround: I can't believe I didn't know they were here until they'd gone :( 

I met them at the Hot Topic signing but of course it's not comparable to meeting them every other day :P 

I'm hoping I can meet them again in London next year! I see that many fans got to meet them this time and that's so cool ❤️ They are definitely more open this era and I'm glad :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorenovacaine said:

I "met" them in Trieste, 2013. They were so funny and lovely!

:lol: Great how you seized the chance and just went up and kissed him. I would do the same if I ever had the opportunity!

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 9:42 PM, 21guns&novacaine said:

Damn I wish. :lol: I like to think I know myself inside and out, but I have no clue what I'd do if put in the presence of them... I don't even know what I'd say or how I'd react. :shok: I (hope) I'd act chill and awesome, but the chances are I'd be grovelling at their feet, bawling something along the lines of 'thank you' and 'you are god.' :lol: 

Same, I'd like to believe that I'd be calm and chill, but more than likely my inner fangirl would come out and I'd be all "... :shok:" :lol:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

:lol: Great how you seized the chance and just went up and kissed him. I would do the same if I ever had the opportunity!

And I swear to god: I WASN'T DRUNK OR STONED! :D Because everyone asks me :"How much did u smoke before the gig?!" 
The truth is that the emotions and the feelings are so strong that you don't even believe that you are there, so I was living a dream in my head

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, St. Jonny said:

Yeah, meeting Billie or Mike would make me shaky as hell, natural feeling when you meet your idols.

It's so true! I've been very, very lucky and had a chance to meet a few other A++ folks that have been hugely influential on my life or just plain megastars. It feels like you need to fit a lifetime of thanks and conversation into 30 seconds if you're lucky. However, it's also helpful to remember that most everyone they meet as well is going through the same things themselves, so they're used to it and just remember this, take a deep breath, and tell or ask them the one or two things you've always wanted.

That said, the next time I am lucky enough to meet Billie, Mike, or Tre I will likely piss my pants. Hopefully they won't notice :)

This thread is like torture because this has literally been my biggest bucket list item for 22 years now, but I also can't look away because I love it so much 😂

I have had some very brief encounters, but I wish more than anything I could have a picture taken with each of them and have a few seconds to thank them for everything. I met Tre once back around 2001 after an arena show on the Warning tour. He was sneakin around in the dark parking lot alone and we called him over, and he actually came over for a quick second when we snapped this pic.

I saw Billie Joe walking around the grounds of Warped Tour the year they played and no one even noticed him. He was walking with Adrienne and I didn't want to bother them, but I mustered up all my courage and said "I'm sorry to bother you but could I take a quick picture with you?" and he apologized "I'm sorry, I'm in a big hurry, I can shake your hand but I gotta go!" So I guess I shook his hand but I don't even remember it because my mind was racing and it probably short-circuited. Ugh. 

I got Tre and Billie Joe's autographs through a chain link fence after a show on the Nimrod tour, and both of them came over to the group of us after the Detroit Fillmore show last month, but Tre left before I could really see him and Billie Joe just came over and thanked us all and shook a few hands in the front (I was way in the back of the crowd). Sigh.

Someday, I hope!

I have somehow never run into Mike, although he has responded to me twice on Instagram when I was totally not expecting it 😆

• Like 1

Met Jason White last August at 1234 Go Records. Went to see his band California play and got up to the front of the crowd. Waited a few minutes after the show and then I introduced myself to him and he did the same (but I already knew who he was lol). He and I talked for quite some time about random things, most of which was guitar gear (the man is a gear junkie lol). I asked him about his guitar amp because it sounded amazing and it went on from there. At the end of it all I asked him if we could get a picture together and that was it. Overall Jason is a super cool guy, really friendly, and if you're a guitarist/gear nerd, you two will most likely talk for awhile. Wouldn't mind running into him again, after all he is my favorite member of the band. https://www.instagram.com/p/6ZShSPE6aj4pjCKyi41Tc1lEhYTXSHZFS9O9U0/?taken-by=scott_miller95

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

So yeah. This will have been the best weekend of my entire life. Maybe he'll recognize me tomorrow :) 

As you already know, I'm still pretty freaked out that YOU got to meet them and I'm SO HAPPY for you. You have a great time at the show tomorrow and please please (for me?) go on stage and sing something (because they have to ask you with that amazing hair of yours), so I can freak out some more. :hug:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, I don't care said:

As you already know, I'm still pretty freaked out that YOU got to meet them and I'm SO HAPPY for you. You have a great time at the show tomorrow and please please (for me?) go on stage and sing something (because they have to ask you with that amazing hair of yours), so I can freak out some more. :hug:

No I will definitely not go on stage :D I low-key fear that he will see me and pull me on stage, but I will shove my friend in front of me and point at her.

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm sooo happy for you, Justine! 

Also, what kind of a hipster uses analog camera! :wub:

I know right! I love how much he clings to the "old stuff", it's so endearing !

• Like 3

@Billie Hoe Omg you're so lucky!! Congrats!! :woot:

You know, I follow you on Tumblr and you're one of my favorite people there cause you always write your posts about GD with so much passion and it gives me an amazing feeling to know this band has fans like you, so you totally deserve it! And not ot gonna lie, your story made cry a little bit hehe, aahh congrats again!! :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

No I will definitely not go on stage :D I low-key fear that he will see me and pull me on stage, but I will shove my friend in front of me and point at her.

Awh, come oooon. You'll do great and you know you'll never die in peace if you don't. :wub:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaraGreenDay said:

@Billie Hoe Omg you're so lucky!! Congrats!! :woot:

You know, I follow you on Tumblr and you're one of my favorite people there cause you always write your posts about GD with so much passion and it gives me an amazing feeling to know this band has fans like you, so you totally deserve it! And not ot gonna lie, your story made cry a little bit hehe, aahh congrats again!! :D

Oh gosh that is so sweet! Thank you so much !! ♥♥♥ :wub: I'm happy you like my posts so much !

4 minutes ago, I don't care said:

Awh, come oooon. You'll do great and you know you'll never die in peace if you don't. :wub:

I have already earned my peaceful death, other people need a chance too :D 

• Like 2