Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

Yeah, I remember thinking before the Belfast show: 'Ok, if you get on stage, just ASK Billie nicely if you can give him a hug.' But then when I actually did get on stage, this wave of adrenaline just took over and because he was so smiley and said 'Hi!' in such an excited voice when I got up there, I just sort of lunged towards him and gave him a massive squeeze. I just remember him saying 'Oh, ok!' in response, probably because I didn't actually say anything :lol:

...pfft, as if he was expecting me to formulate some sort of coherent sentence.

Haha he used to pretty much force kisses on guys without their permission on stage. I'd say giving him a friendly hug is fair game :lol:

Haha he used to pretty much force kisses on guys without their permission on stage. I'd say giving him a friendly hug is fair game :lol:

Exactly...it wasn't until afterwards when I thought 'Oh, I hope he didn't mind that I hugged him like that.' Bit late by then though :lol:

• Like 1

Exactly...it wasn't until afterwards when I thought 'Oh, I hope he didn't mind that I hugged him like that.' Bit late by then though :lol:

I'm sure he's used to it :P

I'm sure he's used to it :P

Ah yeah, be grand :D

Haha I know I was like "I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING," but then I realized I probably wouldn't have said anything that made sense :P I was just so happy he was performing and okay after rehab but I didn't wanna say anything about that to him obviously :lol:

Haha, it's like absolutely everything coming into your head at once about what not to say first :lol:

I just remembered that we actually met Billie in New York at the musical. How did I forget about that??

167232_10150149726447289_551058_n.jpg

This is my: 'I'm standing beside God...' expression

HAHAH omg he looks homeless :P that's an epic picture though!

I know, I often joke that he could pass off as 'the fan' :lol:

I met Mike :happy:

At the House of Guitars signing thing he did in Rochester. And he was SO NICE. I mean, everybody says that, but he really was. He's so personable.

I walked up there and I was nervous as hell cause I'd never met anybody famous before, let alone a member of my favourite band, so I had been like rehearsing what I was gonna say in my head and didn't end up saying any of it all :P But he shook my hand when I got up there and then I gave him the poster to sign, and it was kind of amusing cause it was this rare one I'd found in my room somewhere and he was like, "where the hell'd you get this thing?" and I just "\sflkhjllksjhs um out of a book somewhere aklfshjd" you know, like a total idiot, but then I managed to compose myself and he asked if my name has an E on the end when he was signing it, which was awesome because nobody ever asks that and I was glad that he did and then he shook my hand again and said "See you at the show tonight, Brooke!" and I almost had a heart attack basically.

Then afterwards I was all mad at myself cause I never asked him for a hug, dammit.

but hey, I met him and it was pretty much the best two minutes of my life.

• Like 4

/>

i've been on stage to sing longview.

i pretty much tackle-hugged billie, who then lifted me off the floor. then ran over and hugged mike as well, which was a little awkward because it was fom behind, haha.

and then i went up to tre during the song and played "air-drums" near him and he was like "yeaaahhh!!"

ooohhh memories! :wub:

(there's two video links in my sig if anyone wants to check that out, btw. the second link shows billie lifting me off the floor. haha) :P

We should have a signature banner for those in the "Longview Club"

We should have a signature banner for those in the "Longview Club"

yes that's a good idea! even thought i wouldn't be part of this i think it could be great :)

/>

yes that's a good idea! even thought i wouldn't be part of this i think it could be great :)

Who makes the banners people have now?

Who makes the banners people have now?

most of people ask to Flo. i don't know if she would do it thought. :)

I've never met them, but I think I would turn into a tomato since my cheeks get noticeably red when I'm nervous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I met them I think I'd break down into tears and they'd have a huge WTF moment. Had a few dreams where I met them. I'd consider them all nightmares. Cause I always fucked something up. Most recently I had Billie at my house. Then he left before I got to say anything to him. That's all I remember. Fuck me, right?

Billie Joe is a jerk, I would never want to meet him. I wanna meet Mike and Tre though (Mike and Tre fan).

I've now met all 6 of them. :D Tre was the last one I had to meet and it was great that he was the one to come out after the Barclays Center show. Also Billie is not a jerk! He's actually very sweet. He took a picture with me, wished me happy birthday (on camera) and even commented on the picture i had him sign which was of him and Rocky and also put his hand on my head which I'm still trying to figure out why. They all are really nice.

• Like 2

oh yeah no, Billie is a total jerk, like just yesterday after the Locarno show he totally proved it again, I mean here he comes, walking up to his bus, but instead of just going inside, that jerk actually changes his mind and starts shaking peoples hands, I mean the nerve of him, shaking hands with his fans, such rude behaviour, he should have just ignored us and walked straight into his bus like a decent man would have done it.

But i know Mike Proano, he was there and he had first hand experience of the Billie Joe genocide.

But i know Mike Proano, he was there and he had first hand experience of the Billie Joe genocide.

Genocide is a bit of a strong word there, isn't it, mate?

I met Billie Joe in an alley after a show in Chicago in September 2004. They played 4 club shows before American Idiot came out (LA, New York, Chicago, and Toronto). This was to promote the album by playing it in its entirely live before it came out. It was me and like 10 other people that waited by the side door exit in the alley of the club. I had my arm around Billie Joe while he was signing autographs. I didn't know what to say, so I said "Great show" and he said "Thanks." Then I said "I like the new album" He looked surprised at first, because American Idiiot hadn't come out yet, but then I think he realized that he just played the whole album live, and he said "Thanks."

Tre was in a van, so I ran up to it and met him through the back window of the van. I just stood there and looked at him and didn't know what to do, then Tre started pressing his face against the glass and making faces at me. I just laughed. It was awkward and funny at the same time.

I really wish I had pictures. They didn't allow cameras, and this was before digital cameras came out, so I couldn't sneak a 35mm camera inside.

Edited by Dillwad
  • Like 1

What happened?

• 6 months later...

Saw them in chicago first show of the tour. Waited for in hour in the cold after the show they never came out.the cops eventually kicked everyone out..pretty disappointed.