Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

I met april 20th very well. Got stoned

Who the hell are you?

I'm sure if you ever met Green Day they'd have kicked your ass
  • Like 1

What counts as meeting? I sang on stage, hugged Billie, he kissed my cheek and we exchanged a few words does that count as meeting?

You guys Brutal kid isn't saying he met the band Green Day on 4/20. 4/20 is "Green Day" (Weed Day).

well it wasn't really that funny to begin with and he has a history of being a dick...

so last week after the Los Angeles show we waited outside and billie and tre left right away without saying anything then jason came out and signed someones shirt and gave them a handful of picks. i just got to say hi then he said that he had to go so we stayed waiting. then mike came out and talked to us about the trilogy and cuatro and stuff but didnt sign anything. Mike is like the coolest guy ever though. so nice both times ive gotten to talk to him!

• Like 1

You are so lucky to get to meet them. At my show few weeks ago it was so cold and there was a snow storm so I didn't expect the guys to come and meet the fans outside so I left. (I had couple of hours to drive). Well I regret it now because it seems Tre was there and signed lots of stuff. :( Next time I guess, but I would have liked to met him, he seems so nice!

What did Mike say about the trilogy and Cuatro?

well first he came out and said that his hands were tired from signing stuff all night so he wasnt going to sign and just talk to us. then he asked about the show and said he really liked the sound in the venue. then he started talking about how the trilogy is solid and they put so much work into the albums and what cuatro doesnt show is them going over the songs over and over and over. heres a really short video my cousin shot. she didnt want to be rude so she stopped and only filmed because everyone else was taking pictures and such. but yeah he ran and gave everyone at the gate high fives :D

http://youtu.be/3i0Wc9MtXVI

• Like 3

At the show at the Allstate Arena, Billie constantly made eye contact with me. So eventually, I just started making funny faces at him to crack him up and he smiled a lot mid song at me. I met them after the show (having connections is awesome =) ) and he told me, "You! You were the one that kept trying to make me laugh!" and he started cracking up.

How were you able to meet them after the show? I know Tre came out after the show to sign stuff.

I've met them before....several times actually. They've always been so nice. I first met Mike in 2000 at warped tour. I think I was 17 at the time.

AmberandMike.jpg

Edited by AmberXONicole
  • Like 4

I once waited hours after a show, saw the band walk out to the bus to have security guard stand DIRECTLY in front of me. And me being in a wheelchair, I'm SHORT so they couldn't see over me, they got on the bus and left.

This was Michigan cold weather also mind you haha. At least the show was amazing!

Not gonna lie, I'm super jealous of all of you who have actually legitimately met them. I think it's awesome, though and wish it would happen to me someday (preferably in the near future)! I was within literally two feet of Billie when I saw him during American Idiot on Broadway, but that's the closest I've come to meeting any of them. When he came out after the play I really wanted to meet him for real, but it was so crowded I didn't even get to see him again until he got into the car and was driven off.:cry: I think I may have mentioned this before on here, but I'll say it again because it was a time filled with ecstasy and regret.

Mike was the first member I met. It was April 23rd 2010. I had just gotton to the Foxboro Hot Tubs show and was wondering if you had to get the wristband when you went in or before so we went to the door and asked the guard and as I was standing there Mike walks in. I froze. I didn't know what to say so I basically just said "Mike!" Not in a creepy way but sort of like a "yeah! Mike" type of way. During the show the band walked right past me to get on stage so I ran my hands through Billie's hair when he walked by and Tre stopped in front of me so I tried calling his name to say hi but he couldn't hear me because everyone was screaming so I touched his arm. After the show Mike came out again but went to his car and rolled down the window and told us all a joke. There was only about 6 people there "What's better then flowers on a piano? Tulips on an organ" He came up with that because one girl had bought a flower a guy was selling and she gave it to Mike.

Next on January 2nd 2011 was the first time I had met Billie. It was really fast. Just said hi and great show and he signed my picture. A few days later was my birthday and I had him say happy birthday to me on video. I then got a picture with him on April 7. all in all I ended up meeting Billie about 9 times. I live 45 minutes away from the city so I figured I'd go as many times as I could.

Then I finally met Tre on April 7 2013 (same day I met Billie 2 years ago) after the show at Barclays Center. he was really nice and funny. I commented him on his hair and told him I had fun at the show.

I also met Jason White 2 times and got my picture with him. I met Jason Freeze and Jeff Matika at opening night of American Idiot. My friends had went separate ways and I was alone (I was all by myself) so I just asked for an autograph.

sick! How?

I was in line for a show and no one even recognized him! He was walking by to get through the fence (which I was very close to) and I yelled out his name. He said, "Do I know you?" & I said no. Then he asked me and I responded with Facebook etc. When i yelled his name, everyone turned around. He was in a hurry so I took a quick pic with him. There were two teenage girls in front of me and they were so jealous that they didn't get to take a pic with him. It was so cool

I have met Mike and Tre at the Cuatro Premiere in Aspen this January. All I have to do now is meet Billie!

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to work backstage at gigs & festivals through the course I'm doing. Maybe through this I'd meet them someday. :shy:

Edited by kathhh8
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately this kind happened to me last night at the Newport Beach Film Festival, I was sitting in the row in front of them. Billie was kind of keeping to himself but still interacting with the people directly infront of him. I thought if I don't say or do something to get his attention Ill really regret it so when he finally looked in my general direction I waved and said hi. He looked really confused like who te he'll are you and why are you saying hi to me. He said hi back but in a weird I shouldn't be saying hi to this person kind of way. so then I made a real ass of myself and showed him my Green Day tattoo, to what prove I'm such A big fan,?I don't know, i was desparate, anyway he just said yeah that's great but kind of sarcastically. Then Tre leaned over and asked him something and he just shook his head and turned around. I was really floored. I feel like that prt of 21 guns, "something inside my heart has died, I'm in ruins". I can only hope that if given the opportunity to meet him again I will be able to redeem myself and hopefully he won't remember me. Till then ill be kicking myself .

Wow that really disappoints me. People go out of their way to see these guys. Having a bad day is simply not a good enough excuse. Unprofessional and poor showmanship in my book. If he was "off-duty" as it were and on a family day out in town or something then I completely get if he would be a bit off with people making a fuss but whilst performing he should be nice to his fans.

I met Mike, Billie Joe and Jason W in London :)

Mike is the nicest guy on Earth :wub: I met him twice and he was really talkative, BJ was really tired, so I just said Hi and he signed my BIAB, Jason (omg what a shy guy haha) he just said 'Hi' back and that's all. :D

• Like 1

i've been on stage to sing longview.

i pretty much tackle-hugged billie, who then lifted me off the floor. then ran over and hugged mike as well, which was a little awkward because it was fom behind, haha.

and then i went up to tre during the song and played "air-drums" near him and he was like "yeaaahhh!!"

ooohhh memories! :wub:

(there's two video links in my sig if anyone wants to check that out, btw. the second link shows billie lifting me off the floor. haha) :P

• Like 2

i've been on stage to sing longview.

i pretty much tackle-hugged billie, who then lifted me off the floor. then ran over and hugged mike as well, which was a little awkward because it was fom behind, haha.

and then i went up to tre during the song and played "air-drums" near him and he was like "yeaaahhh!!"

ooohhh memories! :wub:

(there's two video links in my sig if anyone wants to check that out, btw. the second link shows billie lifting me off the floor. haha) :P

Oh, you lucky guy. I watched your videos on stage, gotta confess, you have beautiful voice from all the singers, through.

Wow that really disappoints me. People go out of their way to see these guys. Having a bad day is simply not a good enough excuse. Unprofessional and poor showmanship in my book. If he was "off-duty" as it were and on a family day out in town or something then I completely get if he would be a bit off with people making a fuss but whilst performing he should be nice to his fans.

I think that's really unfair for various reasons. Everybody can have a bad moment or a bad day when you'd rather keep to yourself. That's just human and just because the guys are famous rockstars, that doesn't mean they are super heroes who can be super nice all the time. It happens with everybody. I've also read of encounters with Mike and Tre where they obviously didn't really want to talk to the fans . That kind of thing obviously sucks for the people who meet them at that moment, but that's life, you can't expect to always be lucky. And I don't know who you mean by the people who go out of their way to see them. Do you talk about people who stalk them, wait for them at their hotel and walk the streets all day in the hopes of finding them? Because that's creepy, intrusive and certainly doesn't entitle you to meeting them and getting friendly behaviour from them. I'd be creeped out if I were them. And if you talk about the people who just normally attend a show, well they pay for a good show and not for a meet and greet. It's nice of the guys if they come out, talk to the fans and sign autographs, but they don't really owe anybody anthing more. They already give everything they can onstage.

Secondly, he wasn't "performing". That was at the screening of Cuatro, he sat down like everybody else at the cinema to watch the movie and not to sign autographs or anything, the *official meeting time* was more like when they were on the red carpet before and there was even a video of how they met some people then. Actually, I read Billie was even so nice as to offer the people in front of him his popcorn, doesn't sound as if he was an unfriendly bastard that day.

Thirdly - and most importantly - I think that's not even a good example of the guys showing *not nice* behaviour to the fans. Apparently he wasn't super nice and overly enthusiastic to her, but he didn't ignore her, he greeted her and acknowledged her tatoo. That's enough for a lot of people to get excited about. The only negativity in that experience (that he supposed was annoyed) might even stem from a misunderstanding of his reaction. There are all sorts of different explanations why he would have looked at her in a confused way. Like when you are deep in thought (someone suggested he probably rehearsed his speech in his mind) and you suddenly realise someone's talking to you and you wonder whether you missed something important. Or maybe something about the greeting made him wonder whether he should know her. Actually that was the first thing that came to my mind. When I read that post, I thought Tre had probably asked Billie "Did you know her?". Maybe when she showed him the tatoo and he answered her, it just dawned on him that she was just a fan and nobody familiar and that was mistakenly interpreted as him being sarcastic or anything negative. Or maybe he was just uncomfortable talking over other people's heads, depending on how they were seated relative to each other (which I don't know). I mean I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know if anything of that is true, I just want to say there are other explanations and people shouldn't always assume the worst.

On a bit of a different note, I have seen an incredible amout of pictures of fans with one of the guys, especially Billie, floating about this tour - more than I've ever seen on any tour before. They really seem to be out and about a lot and meeting a lot of fans - that's really sweet. I'd really love to hear more of the stories behind them :)

I met Mike, Billie Joe and Jason W in London :)

Mike is the nicest guy on Earth :wub: I met him twice and he was really talkative, BJ was really tired, so I just said Hi and he signed my BIAB, Jason (omg what a shy guy haha) he just said 'Hi' back and that's all. :D

How did you manage to meet them in London? You're so lucky :lol:

I love how the guys posting pictures of their surroundings on instagram is creating more opportunities for people to 'bump' into them :P

When I saw LTJ in Slovenia two months ago, we actually saw Buddy taking a picture of graffiti and putting it on instagram moments later. Was kind of funny to witness :lol:

I also got onstage and hugged him and he seemed just kind of surprised that anyone would do that.

Yeah, I remember thinking before the Belfast show: 'Ok, if you get on stage, just ASK Billie nicely if you can give him a hug.' But then when I actually did get on stage, this wave of adrenaline just took over and because he was so smiley and said 'Hi!' in such an excited voice when I got up there, I just sort of lunged towards him and gave him a massive squeeze. I just remember him saying 'Oh, ok!' in response, probably because I didn't actually say anything :lol:

...pfft, as if he was expecting me to formulate some sort of coherent sentence.

• Like 2