Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

I've never met them, and would like to to, but at the same time I wouldn't. I am a really socially awkward individual, even mores so in unfamiliar unnerving situations, who can barely cross a room with knocking something over and I dread to think of the embarrassing things I could end up saying or doing if I met any one or all of them.

I'm the same, so I have the same kind of would love to, but wouldn't want to at the same time thing. I highly doubt this would be the case with anyone from the band, but I have that fear of meeting someone you really admire and they act dismissive of you or something, and that maybe making you feeling alienated after about the music.

I'm the same, so I have the same kind of would love to, but wouldn't want to at the same time thing. I highly doubt this would be the case with anyone from the band, but I have that fear of meeting someone you really admire and they act dismissive of you or something, and that maybe making you feeling alienated after about the music.

I know! I don't think I could ever enjoy the music or work of someone again fully if I had met them and they acted really coldly towards me...but I'm quite an insecure person.

I know! I don't think I could ever enjoy the music or work of someone again fully if I had met them and they acted really coldly towards me...but I'm quite an insecure person.

Unfortunately I think it happens quite a lot because a lot of famous people can be kind of arrogant and dismissive of fans, which is understandable in some ways because they deal with it every day. From what I've heard of other people who've met the band their accounts have always been really positive and warm :)

• Like 1

billie gave me a thumb up during the vienna concert. he was right infront of me and i was yelling the song as loud as i could but i guess the fact that i had a small camera (gopro like but not that awsome quality :( ) on my head was the trigger for his "real life like" i should make a .gif of that part haha

but i dont think that counts as "meet" he also walked by me in new york right bevor the AI Musical...

Unfortunately I think it happens quite a lot because a lot of famous people can be kind of arrogant and dismissive of fans, which is understandable in some ways because they deal with it every day. From what I've heard of other people who've met the band their accounts have always been really positive and warm :)

Ahh, there's always that hope.

I high fived Mike during a concert in 2009 :) He was touching everyone's outstretched hands and I think he liked my Jack Daniels shirt :D

I would love to meet them. Are you kidding? It would be one of my dreams. Like honestly, if I met all three of them at once I wouldn't mind if I died the next day lol. No but seriously I think if I met them my face would just turn bright red and be like CAN I HAVE A HUG?! I would really like to meet Adrienne too, she seems so awesome! The next GD concert I go to I MUST GET MEET AND GREET.

• Like 2

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm let me think........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

NO!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Like 1

I met Billie a few times and Jason White somewhere in Paris this past summer. Both of them were awesome! Can't wait to see them again.

• Like 1

I've never met them, but I'd love to (of course :P )!!

I really wanna meet Green Day. But i want to do it without having a total fan girl freak out.

Same!! I'd probably just sorta stand there...with my moUth wide open....screaming HOLY FUCK IT'S BILLIE JOE!!!! :woot:

Edited by pasalacquaian
  • Like 3

I went to see them on good morning America back in September...

They came down for a meet and great. Tre and mike were smiling while billie just chewed gum, he didn't seem very happy about having to wake up at 5 in the morning.

Mike jumped into a crowd of tourists that probably didn't have a clue who green Day was before that which was pretty funny.

It didn't really occur to me that I had met them until I was home and fan girled in my living room.

• Like 1

In my dreams :happy: .... no seriously when I went to the concert in DC... he ran near the opposite side of where I was sitting. I felt like giving him an air hug but he was just 10 ft too far ahead of me :ermm:

I've never met any of them officially, but I would of course dearly love to! :wub: That's probably the thing I want most in the world. I did, however, get very, very close to Billie once when I saw American Idiot on Broadway during the time he was St. Jimmy. I had won a front row seat at the door through this raffle thing and at the end after curtain call when the cast came back out to play Good Riddance, Billie walked up directly in front of where I was. I was so close to him I could have reached out and touched him. But I was so entranced that I didn't say or do anything. I also didn't know if he would get annoyed or not if I touched him or tried to get his attention. He was signing autographs after the show as he was walking to the car that was waiting for him, but it was so crowded that I didn't even see him. :cry: But I will always remember that moment when he was so close!

• Like 1

I was really so close to meeting them it was that iUno! release signing at Tillys my dad took that day offf to take me I watched the live stream of the IHeartRadio on my xbox and of course the outburst and the next day they canceled it

• Like 1

3 years ago, i passed in front of the Fantasy Studios and i wanted to go inside the studio to see if there was some stuff that showed that Green Day recorded Dookie in 1993.

I've never met them. I've had so many near misses where I might have done and things just didn't work out. So, it's an out of reach dream that I don't think will come true because I have shit luck :lol: The first time I saw them my friend got pulled onstage, and then the week after we saw them again and when Billie pointed at her she pointed towards me so I could get pulled up but the security still dragged her up again, haha.

I'm not even sure how I'd react if I met them.

I met the American Idiot cast in Dublin and asked "Johnny" had he ever met the band and he said no but the rest of the cast had and then went on to talk about BJ's rehab. This isn't really relevant but I thought I would share!