Have you met Green Day?

greendaytodeathandback

Ok, I looked for topics on this, because I have always been curious about meeting Green Day, but all I could find were things about what you would do to meet Green Day, or what fears you would face to meet Green Day, so I thought it might be nice for both those of us have not met Green Day to hear the stories straight from the horses mouth on what the guys were like, where you met them, etc. , and for those of you who have met them to reminisce and revisit that time place :)

So, have you ever met Green Day, what were they like and are you glad you met them?

For those of us who haven't, would you like to meet them? Why/ why not?

Personally, I would honestly love to meet them, or just see them in the street just to say, hey I love your music, even something simple like that. :happy:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i know i dont want to be one of those obsessive fangirls i jsut wish i could see them in a starbucks or soemthign and just casually sit at the same table and start a conversation :P (if we even had starbucks here)

Hahaha I know what you mean, in my dreams it all goes so well, but I'd say in real life I'd just stand there crying like :P

• Like 2

I really wanna meet Green Day. But i want to do it without having a total fan girl freak out.

I'm good with keeping my cool around famous people, because I know quite a few, but I might freak out for a second and then catch my cool. :P

I'm good with keeping my cool around famous people, because I know quite a few, but I might freak out for a second and then catch my cool. :P

You know a few?! :blink:

I'd love to meet them, or just Mike. :D I was talking to this guy in a class I have the other day and he says: I look like Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day. me: no, you don't at all actually... Him: I met them, Billie was all right,the bass player was quiet, and I think what ever the drummer's name is is gay. :ermm: I hate hearing stories like that... taking it for granted just bugs me, with any famous person with fans for that matter.

• Like 1

I use the term "met" loosely, but I guess I could say I sorta have... :lol:

Mike outside a Foxboro show and him telling us a dirty joke (loooollllll), and Billie really briefly during those AI talkbacks.

And there have been times where I said hi and waved to Tre and Jason Freese and they do it back, but that's like nothing hah.

I don't really count any of them, I want to be able to legitimately meet them and talk to them one day.

I met billie once at an autograph signing. It wasn't really like MEETING THEM. it was like standing in front of him while he wrote his name on a piece of paper. Lame. But still kind of neat i guess.

Considering the way i started sweating balls before i met Joey at an EA show i am pretty sure i would make a fool of myself meeting green day :) (seriously- i am a 30 year old woman meeting a 16 year old kid! what is wrong with me! i switched deodorant brands after that day! it was ridiculous.)

I just want to meet them to know if they are nice. I've met a lot of musicians, and a lot of bands i listen to, and i feel priviledged to have had those experiences (also, it comes from listening to crappy punk bands no one's ever heard of). But- this one band... that shall remain unnamed (for the time being)... who are vaguely popular and on the radio (especially in the late '90's)... were TOTAL FUCKING JERKS... and it was such a huge disappointment. I really couldn't believe it and it fucking hurt my feelings, y'know? So i just want to meet Green Day just to make sure they're not total dickbags. That's all.

(i've heard they are pretty nice and normal. Joey was the sweetest most polite kid ever, if that is any reflection on his parents. I only bugged him for a second because there were a bunch of fangirls fangirling out on him and i didn't want to be annoying, but i wanted to say hi.)

• Like 1

Billie threw toilet paper at me and laughed when I put it in my pocket on a show.

Does that count?

I wish he threw toilet paper at me :ermm:

• Like 2

I've never met them, I think I wouldn't freak out if I see any of them (except Billie) I wouldn't know what to say to him...maybe "hey...y'know..I'm a GD fan...I've see pictures of you naked on magazines..." jk :lol: but anyway, I wouldn't know what to say

• Like 1

You can sort of sat I've met them. I got to go on stage with them back in 2010. It was so amazing and so weird seeing the concert from another perspective, the band's perspective. Billie gave me his wristband and also gave me one of his picks. I remenber I couldn't see his eyes because his hair was actually so fluffy that it blockded the sun.

I also got to meet Billie when he did his St. Jimmy run on Broadway in February, he was so nice and down to earth, talking to the fans and all.

I also got a picture with Adrienne and met some of the cast.

Best days of my life. Nothing tops it at all.

Met them MANY times but this was the best experience of all :) - Watch!

You're the guy who interviewed JR from Less Than Jake at Warped and told him that he wasn't in the band in 2001. Haha! That was funny :lol:

I've never met them, I think I wouldn't freak out if I see any of them (except Billie) I wouldn't know what to say to him...maybe "hey...y'know..I'm a GD fan...I've see pictures of you naked on magazines..." jk :lol: but anyway, I wouldn't know what to say

i'd probably ask them if they know the "Revealed Thread" here on GDC :lol: and if they say no, i'd say: "Y'know there are awesome pics of ya'll, you have to check it out !!" jk :lol:

he said he had just woken up

I've seen or read more than one interview that states that Mike is a fucking dick when he wakes up, you lucky duck c:

• Like 1